Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1636&start_row=121

Re: Bahetawi (s)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2010 11:32:34 PM

Here is another reasoning about the monk picture Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception

Life Africa said,
-----------------------------
I saw a video on youtube that stated that Selassie I was born in 1892. Now if you add the 120 yeasr of the life of the son of man as described in Revelations you come up with 2012. Lets do the math.

1892 + 120 = 2012

Prophecy fullfiled
-----------------------------

She said prophesy fullfilled because she was trying to make the claim that there was "120 years of life of the son of man as described in Revelations".

Making that claim above is a massive difference to saying instead:

"120 years relates to Selassie I because in Genesis, God spoke about the approximate maximum lifespan of man from that time forward"

Again, I say approximate because it is a generalization, not a rule, as can be seen after that was said in the bible and in these times. Most don't live that long, and some have lived longer.

If anybody thinks that the difference between those two claims is so insignificant that it should not be an issue, then I don't have much else to say to you.

If the first claim was actually true, then saying "prophesy fulfilled" makes sense, but it makes no sense to say prophesy fullfilled in the second claim.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/23/2010 12:39:08 AM

Tyson,

Part of I wondered if the I was just decieved by the monk picture, and were doing the things the I is doing to promote it because you were just a person who was decieved and didn't realize what the I was doing.

I say wondered because I wouldn't say that I thought that was the case, because I considered both possibilities and was just watching to see what I would see.

After seeing more, I am thinking that possibility mentioned above is becoming less and less likely, and your active part in this deception is becoming more likely.

There are a few reasons I say this. When I said that the I was using your book about the bahtawi as a container to promote the monk picture, you denied it and denied it over and over, even after I mentioned the name of your website, abbakeddus.com, you still tried to deny it and came back with "remember, all bahetawi seek to become ABBA KEDDUS, all of them seek to be at one with the 'Holy Father'"

And then after that, I found a video of a bredren the I is directly working with to promote this deception called:

Abba Keddus HAVE YOU SEEN HIM

And look at the description of the video

------------------------
This is the first in a series of mini-docs about His Imperial Majesty-Haile Selassie I. The series will focus on Ethiopian history, its monastic traditions and monarchy. Connecting the ancient practices of asceticism (hermits) with global spirituality and discussing the recent image of a monk that looks like H.I.M. It will explain the ABBA KEDDUS mystery and the revelation of Jah Rastafari
------------------------

It is about Haile Selassie I and is going to focus on "Ethiopian history, its monastic traditions and monarchy".

It is going to connect "ancient practices of asceticism (hermits) with global spirituality and discussing the recent image of a monk that looks like H.I.M."

It is going to explain "the ABBA KEDDUS mystery and the revelation of Jah Rastafari"

Like I said a few times already, this Bahetawi book and everything associated with it is just a container to be used to help convince more people that the picture of the monk is Selassie I.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/23/2010 1:01:09 AM

Tyson,

Regarding what I just wrote, I don't want to think that way about the I.

The times I have reasoned with the I(if the I is who I think the I is), the I was always friendly, and didn't give I any reason to think the I had bad intentions.

But the effort the I is putting into promoting that monk picture and on top of that how the I is hiding the fact of where your effort is focused, even when directly asked and even when evidence is presented, makes I very suspicious.

In the Reasoning, Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception and the Reasonings linked to on the first post of it, I explain the reasons for I suspicion of those who promote it. It is a very dangerous thing, and it surprises I that some RasTafarI people don't see how dangerous it is.

Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/23/2010 11:04:17 AM

Tyson "In terms of the Christ mysteries, I am refering to concepts of ascension and prophethood. I am looking at Christ as both a historical event and eternal figure
The process of transformation from man to angel (christ) follows a pattern, its not quick but rather takes places gradually over the person life

In terms of the 120 years, there are references to this cycle in the Bible and other holy scriptures

For example, Moses lived to be 120 and when he 'passed', the Isrealites entered the Promised Land, his life can be divided into 3 phases, each around 40 years

Saul, David and Solomon combined, reigned for 120 years, 40 years each

Noah was given 120 year warning before the flood

there are more verses on this this cycle in the scriptures, therefore there must be something relevant to 120 years"

My brother you bring up a good point here. What you must understand, is everyone does not reason the same way. Many must see one bible verse come directly behind the other to see a connection. Where as you picked 120 years from all over the bible in various places. For one to dismiss the 120 years as not being significant I would find to be odd. But once again, that is just based upn my reasoning. To each his/her own. For instance the Jews who follow Judaism do not believe in Jesus, because they say that Isiah's prophecy and many other prophecies in the Old Testament was not concerning Jesus, and that he did not fullfil prophecy. Yet those of us who do believe in Jesus, know that the old testament did infact prophecy of Jesus and HIM. Did not Jesus state that all the prophets prophecied of HIMself? That would mean that Moses would have to prophecy of Jesus as well. Therefore one must see prophecies of Jesus in Genesis and the other books written by Moses. Many prophets prophecied of Jesus, yet did not know at the time that which they where speaking of. Daniel even wrestled with the visions that he was given, and his soul was troubled. But whether one's agree or disagree within the confines of reasoning, Jah's will shall be done concerning all thnings.

Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/23/2010 11:09:59 AM

Question to the brothers and sisters. If Selassie I is not with us in the flesh on earth, then where is he?

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/23/2010 12:07:46 PM

Put yourself in my shoes for a minute,

I spent 10 years researching the Ethiopian Church, its monasteries and bahetawi. It was difficult to find articles or pictures of bahetawi, but I managed to find some. What I discovered was a profound connection between Rasta's in this day and time and the primordial bahetawi. I wanted to share this relationship with my fellow Rasta people.

I learned about asceticism, how it prolongs life, transform your mind and body, makes you healthy, makes your hair and beard grow and turns you into an 'angelic being'. I learned about the direct relationship between Ethiopian Kings and asceticsm, a subject that has been overlooked by scholars and books on Rasta

Just as I am editing the final copy of the book, I see that picture of a bahetawi monk who clearly has been practicing asceticism and one that looks like H.I.M, and based on what I had just learned, I felt that there was a possibility that it could be His Majesty. I said thank you Jah for this photo because the conversations sourounding it will be helpful in my quest to share knowledge on the bahetawi. I even changed the title of my book.

Up until that moment, i wasnt sure what happened to His Majesty, I had heard in Ethiopia that he was a monk in the hills and my research had confirmed this possibility. Even if that picture is not H.I.M, he still could be a bahetawi and could be alive today.

So far, all of those who strongly disagree with the photo, have not come up with any strong arguments as to why its not H.I.M. You have dismissed the subjects of the bahetawi, the 120 year cycle etc , too easily.

If you disagree so much, please bring forward your strongest arguments as I would really like to hear it.

You cant say "it just doesnt look like H.I.M' because others say it does, you cant say it was 'edited' because you cant be sure of that

Ark I, rather than investigate me, lets talk about the future of Rastafari, where we need to go in the 21st century and what Rasta people can do to take the movement to new heights

You are calling me a deceiver, but Jah inspired me to write the book, Jah gave I the guidance and the focus to get it done. My efforts to spread the message of the bahetawi comes from Jah

If that picture turns out to be His Majesty, then all of those who were determined to stop people from recognizing this new revelation, they will be the deceivers

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/23/2010 2:05:22 PM

Greetings...

Tyson, the I asked Ark I to bring forth the strongest arguments against the photo being His Majesty, aside from saying it doesn't look like H.I.M.. I am wondering why nobody has come up with a stronger argument for the photo being His Majesty aside from saying that the photo does look like H.I.M.. The prophecy is pure conjecture, I don't know what else to say. What I can say is that in the "video deception" thread there are several very strong arguments against the photo, which you have not responded to, why not?

to name a few:

- The photo was issued as a tourism poster by the Ethiopian Tourism Commission which is a government agency. An agency run by a force which is vehemently opposed to His Majesty and certainly wouldn't be putting up pictures of His Majesty trodding as a Ba'atawi to increase Ethiopian Tourism. The Meles and the Derg have gone out of their way to conceal all evidence of His Majesty. Please give a realistic argument as to why the present government of Ethiopia would allow such an image of His Majesty to be put up in cafes, restaurants, souvenir shops, tourist agencies etc.,(you've been to ET, you know what I'm talking about), do you really think this was just a massive oversight on present government's part?

-It's the only image of "Abba Keddus" there is, and its not a photo taken by any Rastafari, its a stock photo from the Ethiopian Tourism Comission. The Ras that first put up the "His Majesty is Alive" video said he met the Ba'atawi, but he didn't take a better photo to bolster the case? why not? why was the Ras so void of emotion in the video? I would've thought he'd have been more excited to spread the good news. How do we even know when that poster was issued? for all anybody knows it could have even been issued during His Majesty's reign.

- Why did the Ras in the video say that the Ba'atawi went by a different baptismal name? Do you think that His Majesty baptized again? How would His Majesty have come to a different name? why was that name shed now for "Abba Keddus"? Who came up with the name "Abba Keddus?"

Yet my most important question for you Tyson is, If you really think that this might be His Majesty why wouldn't you confirm it before you push it as a mere possibility? and if you feel so strongly that it could be H.I.M., then why aren't you at His feet?

This is not a debate about the possibility of His Majesty being alive, its a debate about the presentation of a Ethiopian Tourism poster as evidence. Please respond to these points Tyson...I should think you would want to if you truly are passionate about this issue.

Selam

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/23/2010 5:31:28 PM

I recall wen Rastafari was humble, careful of what he speak for he know that a man is condemned by his own owrds, Rasta was a student,watchful and diligent and careful, i recall a time when Rastafari deal only in knowledge and not beliefs.

Nowadays,people watch a youtube video, jump up and declare,Prophecy fullfilled, next minute its, i dont know its exact location
lol

but Jah say time a di master, and everyone will know who dey have been really reasoning with, and who has been really inspiring dem

lol, im sorry, but these are two of the most stupid things i man heard in a while

"Question to the brothers and sisters. If Selassie I is not with us in the flesh on earth, then where is he?"

"lets talk about the future of Rastafari, where we need to go in the 21st century and what Rasta people can do to take the movement to new heights"
dat wasnt di word i was expecting from someone who study asceticism for 10 years

movement lol

Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/23/2010 7:33:29 PM

Sunofman, we must keep in mind that Jamacia was using Rasta music in their commercials, and long dread locks, as well as the Rasta colors to promote tourism to Jamacia. Yet the very Rasta culture that Jamacia used to promote tourism, they also bashed! Rastas have faced enormous prejudice from the Jamacian Parliment. Rasta women were beaten and raped in the streets of Jamacia, and Rasta men where persecuted and thrown in jail for wearing something as simple as dread locks. The police was killing Rasta men right and left. What you must understand, is just because someone may hate you, does not mean that they will not expliot you or your culture for money. It happens all the time. Most 3rd world countries only care about getting white tourist dollars, even if it means promoting that which they hate. Terribly sad really. And all of this due to a black country being influenced by white communist. Death to the Derg!!!

Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/23/2010 7:41:08 PM

Fikre Jahnhoi,

What I find funny about some Rastas, is that they think just because they are X Christians and have been flipping through the bible for 20 years or more in their Baptist or Catholic church, now they can stand up and act as if they are knowledgeble Rastas lol. Just incase If you did not know, many Rastas do not even believe in the Bible. Some believe the bible was tampered with, and prefer to use the Kebre Negast. If humility is the issue, perhaps you should start by showing some yourself lol. And what does everyone have against youtube? Could it be that scholars hate how knowledge is so easily attained? Could it be that those who held wisdom hostage via institutions of so called higher learning is now being spread for free? The same thing one can learn in Harvard, I can learn on the internet.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I