Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1636&start_row=31

Re: Bahetawi (s)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/2/2010 6:02:20 PM

Here is another reasoning about the monk picture Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception

IF there is controversy about the bahetawi its because people know so little about them. Even Ethiopians, Eritreans and members of the orthodox church dont know the details. There are also many monks and priest who claim to be 'holy' but are merely playing the role. It takes decades of training to reach the heights and it is difficult to tell if someone has received the blessings.
Also, the bahetawi is more of a lifestyle and state of mind, their allegiance is to the Most High and they would support an Emperor only if they felt he was righteous and true to the faith. Part of His Majesty's success was the large support he received from the bahetawi, something that would have re-enforced his position as the King. Unlike the Samurai, they do not draw the sword for their role is to keep the entire community in connection with the divine.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 1/2/2010 6:07:32 PM

i say leave the bahtawian alone!! they chose the life of spirit and not the flesh. they live in caves not even huts no shelter, just one robe for the whole year any idea how cold it gets on the hills.
There are thousands of them seperated, let them stay separated and ask Jah to give them strengh. If you have any respect for the Bahtawian leave them alone.
you never answered my first questions..which link.

this is not a tourist attraction,this is a whole different way of life. why do you want to exploit there humility? selfish gain? why do you think any RastafarI would believe and even think of it for a second when you come up with this folly.
What mystery are you talking about? i am with Firke Janhoi still waiting.

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/2/2010 7:59:13 PM

To know more about the bahetawi is to know more about the revelation of Rastafari. It is a very deep subject that requires some long reasoning sessions. If you are not interested or strongly disagree, thats cool, InI are looking to vibes with those who want to reason on the subject. I want to learn more myself and find out what other peoples thoughts and insights are on the bahetawi. Im still waiting for the dialogue

its all positive, its all love

blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/3/2010 1:57:19 PM

Tyson, I didn't get a chance to come to the website for a few days, so I am replying to something you said a few days ago,

-------------------------------
I am interested to know why you think the photo is a fabrication.

What is the point of any of I and I answering that question? The answer to that question was presented only an hour after you first came and spoke about that picture of the monk from the tourism poster. And if the I actually read the answer, that question of yours I just quoted would never have been asked. The picture of that monk has been discussed in detail already.

Here is the link again:

Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception

Let I ask you something. This is another picture of a Bahetawi, is this also a picture of Selassie I?

There are several people in Ethiopia that have similar facial features to Selassie I, because they are Ethiopian and Selassie I is Ethiopian. It is common to find more than one person in the same country to look similar. And on top of that, in regards to the monk in the tourism poster that was posted on youtube, you and others haven't even seen the monks face properly to make an assumption that he is Selassie I. You have seen a dark photo that doesn't show enough detail of his face to say he looks like anybody. And on top of that, there are features that can be seen in the photo that are different from Selassie I. But I won't go into that any farther, like I said, it has already been discussed in detail.

Messenger: WarriorsConquer Sent: 1/3/2010 2:08:57 PM

What an arrogant thing to say. Your "still waiting on the dialogue". Another educated fool. Clearly if what has already transpired doesnt qualify to you as dialogue then nothing will. You can wax humble but Rastafari See and Know you don't believe you have anything to discuss so why dont you just call it a lecture. And your laughable attempt to discipline Rastafari people with your secular "wisemind". Welcome to the Dialogue! If you think that a Bahetawi won't draw his sword then that just shows how much you know. Clearly a little less than you think. No, the source of controversy could be the opposite of what you say. People have different values in life. Some people find monastasism itself "backwards" including nuff so called "Rastafari". Im still waiting on any type of knowledge that made you think to write a book.

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/3/2010 6:11:34 PM

I looked over the other reasonings about the 'video deception' and there were some good points for and against the photo. At this stage, no one can be sure and the debate will go on until more evidence comes forth. Regardless, it is an interesting photo.
Some people have made comments that there is no writing or research on the bahetawi and they wanted to learn more about them. Many of them find the subject matter quite interesting and are seeking to find out more, including myself. I have had many conversations about it with other Rastafari, and most of the time their response is very positive. They were surprised to hear about the bahetawi and never knew about them. This is for a reason because some people do not want you to know who exactly the bahetawi are.
That picture you put up is not a bahetawi, there is a difference between your average monks and the bahetawi. Yes, people in Ethiopia share common facial features, but that picture in the tourism poster, clearly resembles the Emperor. I am not sure why you seem so against the possibility of that being him, if its not, life goes on, if it is, the implications are huge. either way, Rastas have nothing to lose
Rather than frame the dialogue around the photo, the focus should be on the bahetawi and the monastic traditions of Ethiopia. Some people do find it backyards, including some Rastas, and yet His Majesty was the leader of a monastic based church and his faith was deeply involved in monastic spirituality. Monastic life is part of ancient Ethiopia, Nubia and Egypt etc and was very important to older civilizations. Just like the bahetawi, people are not familiar with these monastic traditions, especially in this time, yet to know more about it will only help in our understanding.
Instead of throwing all the insults and negative comments out there, why not keep reasoning about the subject or ignore it. What if a book on the bahetawi only strengthened our understanding of His Majesty?
When I say 'I am still waiting for the dialogue' I mean that if we are all united by our love of the king, then why waste time with insults and lets reason like brothers.

Jah Live

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/3/2010 6:36:19 PM

Tyson,

I don't dispute the fact that JAH Lives.

However,the photo is without a doubt a monk and not Selassie I.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/3/2010 6:36:20 PM

Does your book say that this photo of a monk is Selassie I?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/3/2010 7:33:14 PM

but that picture in the tourism poster, clearly resembles the Emperor

Clearly? I guess your definition of clearly is not clear at all.

I am not sure why you seem so against the possibility of that being him, if its not, life goes on, if it is, the implications are huge. either way, Rastas have nothing to lose

I am not against the possibility, because I don't see any possibility that the monk in the picture is Selassie I.

You say either way, Rasta have nothing to lose. This is what Rasta's might have to lose. As I mentioned in the Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception Reasoning.

---------------------------------------------
Some day in the future, A group of people might come and say they are in consultations with Haile Selassie I and only they are allowed to see him in his secret place, and then they will come and tell RasTafarI people new things and they will claim Selassie I tell them to tell I and I. I am not speaking about the bredren in the video because he hasn't done such a thing. It is just the fact that many people, not just on this forum but all over, seemed to believe that the picture was Haile Selassie I just based on a picture that is too dark to be able to see the details of the face. So how much more effort would it take to convince people of much more serious things.

So many people never wanted to heed the words of Selassie I from since the beginning. Even the first Man and Woman didn't want to heed. When Selassie I came in old times, He taught people so much greatness and how to Live in the example and direction of the Most High Jah RasTafarI. But soon after Christ was crucified, they disregarded His teachings and come and convince people that they are saved from their sin because Christ was crucified. Even though Selassie I already told I and I how to be saved from sin as it is recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And what Selassie I taught I and I was not what they claimed, He showed I and I that we are saved from sin by becoming One with the Most High Living Perfect as I and I Father is Perfect.

They just tried to find any excuse to not Live the way of Christ, either because of his resurrection, or the claimed mistranslations of parts they didn't want to accept. And the excuses got worse and worse over the centuries.

Then Selassie I came again in these times. And taught I and I that the way that he told us before is still the way today. And also taught I and I other things that we forgot, that would guide us in these times. And now some people try many ways to make excuses to not Live the way of Selassie I.

I have heard some try to say that his words were mistranslated, so that they could ignore some things that Selassie I say. Others say that since he said this or that to a certain group of people, then we don't have to live by it because it wasn't addressed for us. Or others come as say "where did Selassie I ever say that he is a teacher", they try to imply that Selassie I is not a teacher and the things Selassie I said were not teachings for I and I. And every time that people come and say these things, they want to replace the teachings of Selassie I with their own philosophy. They will pick this a that thing that Selassie I say to join with their philosophy, but disregard any thing that Selassie I say that goes against their philosophy.

So how long until they claim that Selassie I is giving them new teachings and orders and only they are allowed to be in His presence. How long until they try and claim that their own philosophy is what Selassie I is telling us to do.

With the computer video editing technology of today, people could, if they had enough money, make a video that looks like Selassie I is in a room with them and even talking to them.

They would just need to find some old video of Selassie I and pay somebody to use the computer to put Selassie I in a different scene with different people. Or if they had more money they could pay people to make a video of a person of the same size and proportions of Selassie I, that is in a room with them and goes through the movements they want him to do, and then the video editors could use the computer to make it look like the person is Selassie I. All they would need is to use pictures or videos of Selassie I and get as many viewing angles as they can to build the computer model to show Selassie I at all different angles and even different facial expressions to simulate talking.

All it takes to make a video like that look real, is enough time for the video editors to make it look real.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/3/2010 7:38:15 PM

About the picture I posted, you're right, it is not a Bahetawi, he is a monk. An Idren of mine from Ethiopia sent I the picture after seeing your comments in this Reasoning. He corrected I soon after he noticed I called him a Bahetawi.

He also said to I,

---------------------------------
when people like this tyson talk about they lived in a Ethiopia and became familiar with the bahtawi, its either a lie or a big exaggeration, trust, i know
---------------------------------

He didn't go into detail of why he says that, but I know him enough to trust what he is saying.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I