Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3480&start_row=31

Can someone explain the divinty of Emmanuel

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 66
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/30/2009 10:00:47 AM

RootsTafari, the I mentioned that somebody told the I,
------------------------
He cut that part off coz He wanted to do away with the coptic side of the church that was influenced by the catholic church; the 'priestical' side of it. he gave i more info and then he was like, "thats why we should DO AWAY with this bobo shanti thing coz its the priestical side of RastafarI and thats what His Majesty wanted to get rid off.."
------------------------

Selassie I freed the Ethiopian Church from the Coptic, so that the Coptic church would no longer have so much influence and control over the Ethiopian Church. That way the Ethiopian Church would control its own destiny. It had nothing to do with any Priestical thing. Look at all the Ethiopian Monks with Locks and the Priests of the church, they are Priestical and Selassie I never did away with them.

Yaa said,
------------------------
I will be honest with thee i... in my isperience, I only really find a resonance with full board Nyabinghi and Boboshanty.
------------------------

I agree with that partially, the only thing I would add is that there are some who are RasTafarI, but don't deal specifically with Bobo, Nyahbinghi, or with other groups of RasTafarI people. I have found the same Resonance and Heights with some of them.

I said recently and I also said several times in the Past. Nyahbinghi and Bobo should be trodding together, they are One and are the True Foundation of RasTafarI. Like Yaa said, Nyahbinghi are the SoulJahs and Bobo are the Priest. Although both perform works of SoulJahs and Priest, the Bobo lean more towards the Priestical and Nyahbinghi lean more toward the SoulJah.

In the city I Live, I mostly trod with both Nyahbinghi and Bobo Idrens and Sistrens. I don't like to make a distinction between them, I am RasTafarI, and RasTafarI people are I people. I trod leans more toward the Nyahbinghi works, but as I said I and I are One. I love some of the Idrens and Sistrens I have in the Orthodox church, but that path is not for I. The Iritual battles I need to perform in this Revelation Time are not performed in the Orthodox church.

For a while now, Nyahbinghi and Bobo have, in an Ifficial sense, been coming closer together and performing more works together. This should Itinue, because when Bobo and Nyahbinghi join together more closely, RasTafarI people will be more powerful than ever before, and all RasTafarI people will come together to trample the dragon.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/30/2009 10:23:21 AM

bless,

thanks for the word sound. early last month ther was a priest from the orthodox church in ithiopia who came this side to share with i and i. i talked bout this b4. anyway, i was struck by the resemblance the ceremony was to the catholic church-as i schooled in a catholic school b4-and i was confused coz the i had talked bout the 'cutting off' b4 then and i was expecting to see some difference but it was similar.. esp when the priest called people forward to bless them and the people-mostly ithiopians-crossed their hands on their chests like how it happens in the catholic church..

bout the 'science' bit, what bout science 'the subject', the one that informs i and i bout things ie swine flu? surely not every aspect science is obeah! ie 'scien'tists educated us bout hiv etc..

RootsTafarI Selassie

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 4/30/2009 10:31:39 AM

SCIENCE CREATED HIV

SCIENCE THE SUBJECT. IS THE STUDY OF NATURE.. ENVIROMENT ,ELEMENTS CHEMICALS, ASTROLOGY, BIOLOGY, MEDICINE ,MARINE BIOLOGY , ANATOMY,AGGRICULTURE HORTOCULTURE, MATH, AND COUNTLESS FORMS OF SCIENCE.
BUT IT CAN BE USED AS WITCHCRAFT AS WE SEEN IN HIV .AIDS. SWINE FLU.HPV, BIRD FLU, ANTHRAX ,NUCLEAR WEPONS AND ATOMIC BOMBS TO NAME A FEW .BUT
SCIENCE ORRIGINATED INSTRUMENTS OF MURDER
SAME AS OBEAH
BUT IT HAS GOOD BENEFITS ALSO
GOOD PEOPLE DO GOOD THINGS DEVILS DO EVIL

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 4/30/2009 10:34:54 AM

SCIENTISTS CREATED THE THINGS YOUR SAYIN THEY INFORMED US OF
THE SHOULD INFORMED US THAT THEY PLANNED ON KILLIN US OFF MR AND MRS FEMA
THATS WHY THEY HAVE ALL THOSE COFFINS LINED UP OUT WEST

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/30/2009 10:42:08 AM

bless rook fari,

point taken with the hiv part and also what you said. give thanks. i guess its what you do with all dat you study dat makes it bad. remember dats wat His Majesty said esp when it comes to the part about the nuclear weapons etc..

RootsTafarI

p.s goodness! you should c da reasonin forums ther ina house of bobo! i can hardly see a thing! i squint but still i dont c anythin!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/30/2009 6:02:43 PM

Greetings...

RootsTafari, it is the other way around, in that the Catholic church is the one that bears the resembelence to the EOTC. Why did Rome desire to conquer Ethiopia, they wanted to stamp out the originator and put their own name on it; they know who rules and reigns.

In regards to the Coptic thing, it is as Ark I had said. His Majesty is the head of the EOTC, He simply knew there was no reason for another entity to have control. As for the the "priestical" thing...His Majesty is priest, and overseer of all things priestical. After taking its independance from the Coptic church, His Majesty's first action was to have Ethiopian priests ordained. It is His Majesty which upheld the priestical traditon in the highest. This is tradition of the utmost importance, never to be done away with.

SELAM

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/30/2009 6:55:07 PM

INI overstanding is that Messiah, Emmanuel, these are titles, Messiah means anointed one, Emmanuel, GOD IS WITH US, and these two are fulfilled in His Majesty, HAILE SELASSIE I.

ini don't think that any other one is divine. divine is to be jah, and although we are one with jah because we follow jah laws, we are not the creator.

jah said my thoughts are higher than yours. ini rastafari have one leader, that is Haile Selassie I

blessed love

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 5/1/2009 9:39:19 AM

ras power giuve thanks for your opinion.
BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER THAT TITLES ARE TITLES...
THE WORKS OF THE GOD/ MAN IS WHAT MAKES THOSE TITLES COME TO LIFE!! ANY ONE, CAN NAME A BABY EMMANUEL ,OR HAILE SELASSIE , OR MARCUS GARVEY.
MY SONS NAME IS MOSIAH ANOTHER JAH ZAE WOULD HE BE DIVINE BECOZ OF HIS NAME OR TITLE?
OR BY BECOMING ONE WITH FATHER, AS KING EMMANUEL CHARLES EDWARDS THE 7...
HIS WORKS AND SPIRIT, GAVE LIFE TO HIS TITLES..
AND BY THE WAY.
INI IS PLURAL ,I MEANING ME AND I MEANING U OR OTHERS IN AGREEMENT , SO WHY DO U ALWAYS REFER TO OTHERS WHEN SPEAKING OPINION.LIKE U SOME KINDA LEADER ?? KINDLY SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF BROTHER.
IF I SAY -INI- DONT DEAL WITH POLITICS, INI DONT DEAL WITH BATTYISM,THEN THAT WOULD BE CORRECT, COZ I NOR I PEOPLE DEAL WITH BATTYISM OR POLITICS,
IN THIS CASE INI ARE MOSTLY DEFENDING EMMANUEL AS THE CHRIST.
SO INI DOESNT APPLY IN YOUR OPINIONS MY LAWD
BLESSED

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 5/1/2009 10:34:17 AM

jah said my thoughts are higher than yours. ini rastafari have one leader, that is Haile Selassie I
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST THE THING I EVER SEEN WRITTEN, OR HEARD SPOKEN,
WAT U MEAN JAH SAID HE TOLD U ,YOUR THOUGHTS ARE HIGHER, THAN WHO ?
I OR YAA OR ARK I OR RAS KEB ? SHUT YOUR MOUTH MAN THATS BLASPHEMY
LYIN BOUT GOD TOLD U SOMETHIN...
SELASSIE I SAY ,,THAT NO ONE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A NEXT ONE.
IF U CUT OFF ANY ONE FINGER ,CAN YOUR HAND FUNCTION NATURAULLY ?
HOW THE THUMB ,IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE FIRST FINGER???? U NEED BOTH TO WRIGHT
THEY ARE EQUALLY IMPORTANT
JAH TOLD ME HAHAHA
JAH WOULDNT LIE TO U LIKE THAT!!
OR ANY ONE ELSE
U MUST BE HEARIN VOICES, BETTER GET THAT CHECKED OUT ..IT MIGHT BE SERIOUS !!!!!!
ANY WAY READ THIS AGAIN SINCE U SO SIMPLE GOT TO TALK TO U TWICE LIKE MY 3YEAR OLD
ras power giuve thanks for your opinion.
BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER THAT TITLES ARE TITLES...
THE WORKS OF THE GOD/ MAN IS WHAT MAKES THOSE TITLES COME TO LIFE!! ANY ONE, CAN NAME A BABY EMMANUEL ,OR HAILE SELASSIE , OR MARCUS GARVEY.
MY SONS NAME IS MOSIAH ANOTHER JAH ZAE WOULD HE BE DIVINE BECOZ OF HIS NAME OR TITLE?
OR BY BECOMING ONE WITH FATHER, AS KING EMMANUEL CHARLES EDWARDS THE 7...
HIS WORKS AND SPIRIT, GAVE LIFE TO HIS TITLES..
AND BY THE WAY.
INI IS PLURAL ,I MEANING ME AND I MEANING U OR OTHERS IN AGREEMENT , SO WHY DO U ALWAYS REFER TO OTHERS WHEN SPEAKING OPINION.LIKE U SOME KINDA LEADER ?? KINDLY SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF
IF I SAY -INI- DONT DEAL WITH POLITICS, INI DONT DEAL WITH BATTYISM,THEN THAT WOULD BE CORRECT, COZ I NOR I PEOPLE DEAL WITH BATTYISM OR POLITICS,
IN THIS CASE INI ARE MOSTLY DEFENDING EMMANUEL AS THE CHRIST.
SO INI DOESNT APPLY IN YOUR OPINIONS MY LAWD
BLESSED

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/1/2009 10:43:55 AM

Rook FarI, I and I doesn't have to mean plural. So don't get vex at Ras Power over the way he uses it. It is not wrong for Ras Power to say I and I to refer to himself, rather than we. I and I can mean we, or I and I can refer to a person, with the "and I" usually refering to Jah.

It is just like "the I" can sometimes mean I or you or he or she.

Here is the recent reasoning where I spoke about it
-------------------------------------
The I is sometimes used to mean I or you or he or she.

Any time I say The I, I say it instead of saying you, or the I them if the you is plural. Because of all the various ways people use The I, for a time I decided to just write you, so that there is no misinterpretation. I would still say The I in conversation, just not when writing.

I recently decided to say The I again when writing, but I still sometimes say you, especially if I think that there is room for misinterpretation if I say The I.

I know that all the different uses of the word are all valid, I just find that using it in all those different forms leaves too much room for misinterpretation, unless the context makes it obvious.

I am not writing this to criticize people for using The I to express the different meanings. It was used in different ways long before I was even born. I am just writing to sight what others think about this.
-------------------------------------

I personally only use I and I to refer to we and I only use the I to refer to you, to avoid confusion. It sometimes annoys I when I see people using it for anything even when the context is not obvious, because I sometimes have to read something twice, because for example, at first I might think they are refering to somebody else when they say the I, then I realize that they are refering to themselves.

But even though it annoys I and even though I think that it is an obstacle, or at least a delay to communication, I can't criticize or get vex with people for saying it because as I mentioned in the post I quoted above, this has been going on before I was born.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 66

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I