Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3151&start_row=11

Ible on Governments

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/6/2008 4:01:37 PM

I think that Tupac shows good respect to the dead, and I don't think that it is satanic. I think this song is pretty sad, Tupac and Biggie used to be friends.

God Bless the Dead

I posted this video because I thought it was relevant to the reasoning, there are some curse words so I'm sorry if anyone is offended.

I wish there were more rappers like Tupac, his songs were actually like poetry.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/6/2008 5:21:54 PM

Sister Ten,
I overs what the I says. I am of Arican origin also born and raised in Ethiopia, I and I have lols of legends and stories. Africa is the mother land where everything is created from. I do not doubt the I's faith in Jah RastafarI.
I agree with the point the i made about angles, that is true angles see everything. They are sent forth from Jah Almighty.
The medium you wrote about and said "her bones rose again"(Nehanda).It is possible but in the sence of reincarnation that EliJah return again. That is not EliJah him self,but another body.
I hope i am making sence.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/6/2008 5:32:00 PM

there is no such thing as black supremacy, H.I.M said:

Africans, no more and no less than other men, possess all human attributes, talents and deficiencies, virtues and faults. (Statement To The 1963 African Summit)

and ten you are right there these systems will allow jah children to do his work, example:

10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
(rev 13)

when the beast was taken into captivity, jah said hear is he patients of the sanits, another beast/nation came up; america, in these times although its not perfect, but ini have the ability o worship as we choose. although we get cracked down, not as it use to be, but if the deciples had to opertunity we have,?

ras kebra u right we accept untill t dont agree with jah, like the weed ini smoke. lol

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/6/2008 7:07:02 PM

Greetings Jah Bird
Give thanks, we over each other. I feeling is that reincarnation is something completely different its when you come as another person. I n I still meditating on that one. But with spirit possession its different, a spirit posseses you for a temporary period of time and the body is a host to it. The person speaks in a completely different voice and their eyes change but there's none of this in reincarnation. In Shona culture a woman who is chosen as a spirit medium at a young age cannot have children and she is never married, usually she is chosen by the paternal ancestors and for a man who is chosen it is by the maternal ancestors.
Aya would you know if there are any stories of spirit mystics at the time His Majesty was born and when the Italians invaded Abyssinia. It'd be interesting to know.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/7/2008 5:57:41 AM

Ras Power, please do something for i.

Before you speak of something you dont overstand yet ,first, ask yourself if the large number of Rastafari who stand for Black Supremacy have ever read the words of His Majesty when HE said " Africans, no more and no less than other men, possess all human attributes, talents and deficiencies, virtues and faults"

Then you will come to one of three conclusions:

1. You can believe that ini have never read this.
2.You can believe that ini did read it,but just ignored it.

or the last,which i hope you choose, number 3. you can begin to wonder perhaps...just perhaps...what Emperor Selassie I is saying here has nothing to do what Black Supremacy stands for.

But just dont tell ini there is no such thing when ini are Living Black Supremacy

Jah Bird,the i is right, i am not so pleased with the turn this reasoning has taken but, so it go sometimes.
I am especially not happy with Eleazar,will the i take heed and realise there is a time and place for everything?

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/7/2008 10:00:53 AM

Ras KebreAB,

The reason I posted the video on "God Bless the Dead" is because it looked to I like the reasoning took a sideturn towards "the dead" and showing respect for them in African culture. So in I mind, a light clicked and said " O yeah, I remember that Tupac song "God Bless the Dead". So I thought it would be relevant to the reasoning. That is my chain of thought that lead I to post the video.

Would you like I to stop posting videos if I think they are relevant to the reasoning? Perhaps I thought it was relevant but maybe others thought it was a distraction.

And if reasonings take a sideturn away from the Iriginal topic, should I comment on the new topic or focus on the Iriginal topic and instead form a new reasoning?

JAH LIVE

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/7/2008 3:13:14 PM

Eleazar,

I am sure you can find a rap song that mentions something that has some kind of relation to many topics that are brought up, but what is the purpose of showing those videos? It is not like tupac was talking about some serious philosophy about the dead.

Should you post a video about gun slinging if a topic is brought up concerning the war when Italy attacked Ethiopia.

Should you post a video about pimping and hoes if somebody brought up something about prostitution?

Should you post a video where a rapper is shouting bitches if somebody brings up a topic where they got in an argument with their empress?

Just imagine if you were in a council with Haile Selassie I, or at a gathering where RasTafarI people were chanting and reasoning about serious things. Would you bring a laptop with you and pull it out to show a video or internet write up or article that has some relation to a reasoning whenever a reasoning is brought up?

Why don't you just reason about a topic when it comes up and speak what you think about it? And if you don't have your own thoughts to express about it, it is usually better to just keep quite and listen and wait until a reasoning comes forward that you have something to say about.

Posting videos, or internet articles or write ups can be a good thing when used appropriately. It just seems like you don't Iverstand how to balance it and post those things when they make sense.

In the bible it says that a fool speaks all his mind but a wise man holds it until later. Just because a thought comes in your head doesn't mean you should express it or find the video or article that you thought about. Sometimes it should not be said at all and other times it should be said at a later, more appropriate time or in a different reasoning.

You don't need to post just for the sake of posting. Learn how to speak with a reason.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/7/2008 4:12:16 PM

Ark I, I agree with everthing the I said.

I truly did think that the tupac song was relevant, but I guess I did make an error in judgement.

I give thanks that the I and Ras KebreAB blaze fire on I when I make errors in judgment, because I do need to work on improving Iself. So whenever anyone sees I saying something that should be corrected, please blaze fire on I and I will work to correct it.

JAH LIVES

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 10/7/2008 6:36:29 PM

Tupac is dead, Haile Selassie is alive, Tupac got taken away by his own sins. America is for Zion and Israel. I dont know why you Rastafarians bash on America, they protecting the world from The terrorists. Just like Selassie come back to the Vatican to make peace, America wants to make peace with the Pope. War is not the solution, only peace can stand. When you watch the americans give interviews from foreign leaders look at the fire in thier eyes and attitude against thier lazy smily ways, theres nothing funny really in life, this is serious. Governement is serious bussiness, and i dont see any rastafarian except maybe Ziggy Marley who already has a voice in politics talking about Africa uniting, i say rise from your silly games and fear and put on Haile Selassie in your flesh for you carry his body, love how he died for you on the cross and wash your selves in his blood, God shall rule the earth

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/7/2008 7:12:33 PM

Praises
I should take RASponsibility for changing the direction of the post, it wasn't I intention but the reasoning evolved so. But to Eleazar1234 posting a Tupac video when ones are reasoning abt spirit possession and its place in African culture and African liberation movements is so far from the topic, there's no connection and your reasoning doesn't relate to what I was speaking of with JAH Bird, its abt tupac as hip hoppper not spirit possession. Just a point of correction not to antagonise the I & change subject yet again...

Anyway I'll correct Iself and go back to the Iriginal intention of this post: The Ible on Governments. Ras KebreAB had posted a Psalm and I like this line in this Psalm "The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed," It always makes I remember how those put in power to serve the people are the ones who persecute them. They swear upon the Bible or whatever their national holy book that they will be just and act in the powers vested in them by the people - indirectly or directly they swear this shall be the will of a Higher Power. But they act in the opposite way and oppress the people. They guarantee freedom but I n I can't walk the streets without being stopped and searched, they say freedom of religion but you can't practice RasTa faith; I n I can't burn the herb, in other places I n I can't grow locks in prison, in other places I n I can't send dreadlocked children to school. Its too much fire for them so they have to mash down JAH children! But I feel no matter what they do to I n I, we seek to serve JAH and for this reason I n I can survive in these systems day to day and find ways of getting around Babylon Order.
Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I