Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3151&start_row=1

Ible on Governments

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/6/2008 4:29:03 AM

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Selah. Psalm 2

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
Matt.

"Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above:"
So sayeth Christ who came to be crucified. King Selassie I came to take His Power back, so what more power do they have over I when I King Sit pon HIM Throne?

Paul speaking in Romans 13 is not about just submitting to the powers of government. It is about order instead of chaos, rule instead of anarchy. Ofcourse ini respect authority, as it was said
"By me kings reign, and princes decree justice."

Every thing is ordained by Jah. As some are ordained to rule, i am ordained to burn the ever burning fyah.

Paul says "Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation"
Did not Shadrac Mishec and Abednigo resist the powers and were thrown into the fire?
And why was Daniel cast into the lions den?
Did not all the early christians including Paul resist the powers by teaching of Christ?

Respect the law and respect authority......until they go against Jah Laws.

And most of all, let us not be blind to the times.

And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,.

Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 10/6/2008 6:57:22 AM

blessed love my lawd

Yes I, InI am peace loving people, but if they come to do harm in anyway InI burn them out.
Ras Tafar I is InI only authority, InI must remember that all governments and world religions are DEAD only Black Supremacy stand R now.

Also to those that think that they can go on living in Babylon and propsper living their careless lives, thinking that Judgement will not get them.

"How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."

"Therefore shall her plagues come in one day"

JAH Ras Tafar I is all seeing I, not even the dog that piss on the wall of Babylon shall escape His Judgement, those governments and Babylocracy shitstems that is giving InI hard times, InI must overcome.

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/6/2008 8:27:31 AM

"InI must remember that all governments and world religions are DEAD only Black Supremacy stand R now."
I don't fully agree with this statement, perhaps there's something I'm misinterpreting. I know the place of Rasta is Supreme but I n I don't compare it to anything. It just is. I wouldn't chant other ways as 'dead' but rather in the positive things I can see elements of RasTa in them or how I position as RasTa allows I to over the world. Not everything in this world is bad/dead if its not of RasTafarI Order. I n I live in these very systems and sometimes these very systems are what allow us to do JAH works and move forward the movement of RasTafarI.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/6/2008 8:31:30 AM

Blessed love children of the Most High Jah,
true word sound power, Jah works and word never ever fails judgment is comin and comin fast.
I was reasoning with I empress few days ago, talking bout babylone system etc that everything is touched by the wicked everything is made to be "okay" the more sin and sinners are the more it becomes "okay". We were waching t.v. bout children and music and I tell you the truth most of the children aged 14/15 on the program already know that they are gay. the presentator comforts them and praises them for being couragous, he himself being one too. The adverts and things, schools,
everything is tied up, look how easy it is to ignore the Sabbath, how people get ready to go to parties instead of submission unto HIM.
nowaday they got the mediums talking to the dead, how funny is that and people buy it. I and I know that the dead is resting- no ghosts.
Vanity vanity vanity.
i am afraid that my life will pass before completing my duity.Face the Most High, oh how i tremble thinking of that time.
They make it difficult in everyway full of temptations. I and I don't want anything to do with that, but still they come knocking at i and i door.you hear your neigbour fighting the simplest things that cause i and i meditation to break.
Stand firm brethren and sistren standfirm hold onto Jah RastafarI.
Praises and praise unto JAH RASTAFARI.
Burn the world government like Price Hotep sayed Ras TafarI Is I and I authority.
bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/6/2008 8:39:14 AM

As an aside:
"nowaday they got the mediums talking to the dead, how funny is that and people buy it. I and I know that the dead is resting- no ghosts."
But Aya mystic things happen and spirits do speak through spirit mediums, its a strong part of I n I practice as Africans just as its been there in other world cultures. Its only those who seek to make money and tell lies that bring disrepute to the practice, but its a real thing.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/6/2008 10:31:34 AM

Are you sure those mediums are actually speaking to the dead, or just reading the minds of the people that hire them?

I think that some of those people can read thoughts from others, and that is how they get the information that they pass on.

I remember seeing a show on TV a few months ago where "mentalists" were competing for a prize. A "mentalist" named Chris Angel was one of the judges and became very pissed off when one mentalists was claiming that he was speaking to a dead person when he was revealing what items an audience member put into a box. He challenged the mentalist to guess what he had in an envolope that he was holding, and the mentalist didn't even try to do it.

The person, Chris Angel basically said that the person was lying about speaking to the dead, but he never went into any detail explaining why he thought that.

What I thought was going on was that Chris Angel knew that the things they were doing was reading people's minds and he got vexed when people try to lie and make it look like they are talking to the dead when they are really just reading people's mind. And when he challenged the person to guess what he had in his envelope, he blocked his thoughts and knew that the person would not be able to read them.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/6/2008 11:08:42 AM

It is possible to speak to the dead through the ouija board. But doesn't the Bible condemn divination?

[31] Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
[32] Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.

Give JAH praise

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/6/2008 1:38:47 PM

i can overs what the idem are saying but truly, they have programs on t.v mediums saying that they do talk to the dead.People like Char etc. I have seen the program that you sayed Ark I mind games. That is totally diffrent from those i discribed.
My point being it is said (i don't recall which chapter and verse right now, but i'll look it up) that when people are dead they are dead/resting, untill the time of judgment. That is why i say it is impossible to do that. I know that HIM can do what He wishes and raise the dead like Lazarus, but to say they talk to the dead and telling their families they are happy all this and all that. Lies!
I do not believe that.
here are some passages
2 Samuel 7:12
And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

1 Kings 1:21
Otherwise it shall come to pass, when my lord the king shall sleep with his fathers, that I and my son Solomon shall be counted offenders.

Job 7:21
And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away my iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.

I'll will try and post some passages.

Sister TEN I overs what the I says, but for me i can not belive in Vodoo or something like that. Why seek thedead the dead is at rest.

Blessed

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 10/6/2008 3:28:13 PM

here are some words fron the Ible.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
---------
this is the breath of life that went trough our nostrils.Once the flesh is dead the spirits goes to the Father.
----------
Job 27
1Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,

2As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;

3All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;

4My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.

5God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
-----------
this is the breath of life again.
-----------
Job 14:12
12So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

2 Peter 3:10
10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
--------
Psalms 13:3
3Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
-----------------
here again death is sleep, every dead awaits the judgment,
------------
Rev22.12

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
--------------------
i sight this so.. there is nothing in between R AND X it is one of the other and that will be known at the time of the judgment. It is stated clearly "MY REWARD IS WITH ME". so the once that are dead will have to stay dead/sleep till the time comes.The once that are alive will be changes with the blink of an eye.
-------------------
John 5:28-29
28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

There are expeption also, Jah will be done!!.
Saints that are of the first fruits will riseN from the dead,
Mattew 27
52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

profets like Henok, EliJah were never dead. they were carried off.

11And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.( 2 Kings 2:11)
Jude
9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

So that is why i said what i said. The dead stays where they are unless they are called by the Most High.
Hebrews 9:27
27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

in book of Enoch/Henok
it is stated that the fallen angles thaught the childeren of earth about the heavens, magic and thing that belongs to the earth.

CHAP. VIII.
1. Moreover Azazyel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication ofmirrors,
1 and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and of all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered.

2. Impiety increased; fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways.

3. Amazarak taught all the sorcerers, and dividers of roots:

4. Armers taught the solution of sorcery;

5. Barkayal taught the observers of the stars;

6. Akibeel taught signs;

7. Tamiel taught astronomy;

8. And Asaradel taught the motion of the moon.

9. And men, being destroyed, cried out; and their voice reached to heaven.

Haile I selassie I Jah RastafarI Praise Jah when alive !!!!
Ras KebreAB this is a different reasoning than that of the original Title, i appologize for drifting that.
bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/6/2008 3:35:23 PM

Blessed Love Jah Bird
Yes I agree with the I those tv shows are just lies, people are so desperate for their dearly departed they'll buy into anything that will give them a connection with the deceased. So many scams have been done on pple, saying oh your dead uncle says give me money or sign over your house and sadly pple buy into that.

Now what I was speaking is kind of like vodou, not the bad side of it but as a cosmological principle that ancestors are guiding us. I do believe I ancient spirits are watching over I like JAH angels and they are also sitting watching the world as it changes, watching them tear down the trees for buildings, watching them strip graveyards to build banks.

In another sense I also overs the concept of spirit possession, when it comes to I history as someone from Zimbabwe. During the first liberation struggle against the British there were three spirit mediums that led the resistance, two men and one woman. This was in 1896 and the spirit mediums would be possessed by the spirits of those gone before in order to lead the struggle against colonialism. Unfortunately we lost this first war and when the British hung the spirit mediums, the woman promised 'my bones will rise again'. And for sure her bones rose again, in the 1970s when the guerilla fighters were in the forests of Zambia, an old frail woman was with them as their guide. She would eat very little, mostly herbs and would not speak much and when she did it was in the spirit of Nehanda (the woman who had promised to rise again). She would tell the fighters of how to defeat the Europeans, mountain routes to use, and would prophesy rains as signal of coming battles.

For I this is a big part of I nation story, all of I people know it and its taught in schools as history, books and poems have been written especially on the first part because it symbolizes that Europeans never defeated I n I, only prolonged the inevitable. For I they never killed Nehanda and that's the foundation of Zimbabwe, the three spirit mediums Nehanda, Kaguvi and Chaminuka are legends and its not only in Zimbabwe where spirits have been revolutionaries its the same in Zambia, Angola, South Africa and Ghana. The ancestors guide the way acting through the powers of the Most High. There are many mystic things in this life that are not contained in the Bible, its not the foundation of I faith, I faith is in JAH Creator of all and HE works in mysterious ways to set HIS people free and when HE came upon Earth HE came to chant fire 'pon the wicked who oppressed Africa...
That's why I see spirit mediums differently to the I.
Jah Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I