Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2467&start_row=21

WHAT IS THE BEST THING THAT WHITE PEOPLE CAN DO FOR THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 62
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 12/17/2007 2:24:51 AM

RAS RAVIM I
SEE ME
WHEN MY COME AROUND FIRST IS I DONT ACT BETTER THAN MY BREDREN
NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO I STILL GREET THEM THE SAME WAY
I LET THEM KNOW WHEN SOME THING "THEY ALL READY KNOW IS WRONG"
IS WRONG
BUT I M EVERLASTING ONE AWAY WITH THEM STILL
I JUST REMIND THEM OF THE JUDGEMENYT TO COME
ALL ADEM KNOW JESUS
WHEN I REALLY SHOW THEM SELASSIE I BLOOD LINE AND MAKE THEM OVER
REALLY WHO HE IS WHO SOLOMON IS
THEY GET A SENCE OF RELATION WITH THEM SELVES AND CHRIST BLOOD WISE
ITS A SMALL SEED BUT ITS ONE THAT DONT FALL AND DROP OFF
EVEN WHEN TUFF TIMES COME IN AND ITS LIFE AND DEATH ,INK OR SWIM
MY BREDREN "TOPPS"
CHANT A PSALMS TRU HIM HERE I MAN CHANT PSALMS AND HE SEEN THE OUT COME OF THAT
I JUST REASON
MAKE PEOPLE FEEL IMPORTANT AGAIN, MORE THAN MONEY
I KNOW SOME MAN
CHIDREN WOULDNT EVEN LOOK AT
FROM A VIBES U KNOW?
AND WHEN THEM SEE ME THEM SAY "MY LAWD "
I JUST REACH MY COMMUNITY ON THEIR LEVEL
I DONT GET BIGGITY
LIKE IM BETTER
I KNOW A THING
NAW
I JUST MAKE THEM REMEMBER WHO WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE
THATS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW
DONT CHANGE ON YOUR PEOPLE

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 12/17/2007 9:08:24 AM

Give thanx rook. I learned in life it doesn't matter wat anyone thinks, Jah see ur intentions and ur works. I n I suppose to be on one mission that is to seek salvation to free the chains of downpression and burn out any evil doers. Sometimes I feel there is equal fight from so called rastas as are babylonians. I n I stand in Jah glory, in king alpha and queen omega's glory, but I n I treat each other worse then the soil I n I step on. I can go on and on, but have to forward. I really have a lot to add, but have to forward.

Messenger: JAHJAH Love Sent: 12/17/2007 8:31:09 PM

Eleazar, why do white Rastas always ask this question??? Not to be rude, but what can be done is obvious (obvious but difficult). The I must join the fight to end oppression of all kinds...economic, spiritual, and racial. That means fighting this Babylon Shitstem just as all the Bredren and Sistren do. It doesn't mean that the I must snivel and apologize for what some numinous idea of the I "ancestors" did...InI want to know if the I even know if the I's family even owned slaves or took part in that shit or if the I just thinking the I must apologize for something the I wasn't part of because the I is white. Apologies are meaningless without action. Stop feeling guilty and debasing the I and get up and live. John the Baptist said,"Do work meet for repentance."

Also, stop lumping all white people into one category of "evil downpressors." Even certain groups of white people been downpressed by the shitstem. InI am half white and half Puerto Rican. Of course, my puerto rican family been downpressed in this country and in Puerto Rico, with the government occupying it and abusing it. In the past it was hard to find work and my Puerto Rican Brothers and sisters lived in poverty and to this day many of us do. But, even the white side of InI family come from Ireland to escape death and the destruction of their culture and the downpression of the English. Here, InI family was forced to eek out a living in the Appalachians where to this day they are poor, with lack of education, and seen as trash by the outside world.

However, InI will say this...RastafarI is a movement of Black Consciousness. A consciousness InI cannot ever fully reach as InI experience while similar in many ways is still different from my Black Bredren and Sistren. InI must strive to overstand and just walk the Rasta Livity.

All over the world, throughout history, people been downpressing other people. Whites, Blacks, Latinos, Asians...all have been the evil ones at one or another point in history. Change need to come from within InI and without InI. And it begins with InI. What can white people bring to Rastafari? The same things that all can bring. Faith and a desire to change the world and end downpression. Fight for Inity, peace, love, and freedom for all peoples of the world.

Eleazar, JAH love all people, HIM told us what to do. Study HIM words and live them. Read the Ible and live it. Pray and Bless up.

HIM Live and Reign Iternally.

Messenger: dirtyd Sent: 1/30/2008 8:08:08 PM

nicely put-

Messenger: Ten Sent: 1/31/2008 11:57:09 AM

Give Thanks
Its taken I a long time to fully sympathise with poor white people, its only when I cam to the West that I really saw poor white people because in my country a white man drives a car, has a house in the nice parts of town. Of course there are poor whites but they are not as poor as the Blacks, you'd call them lower-middle class. And in my town there are only two white hobos that go round asking for money but the homeless are the Blacks. Over here in the West was the first time I saw white people begging on the street and having nothing. I always thought white people had benefitted from colonialism and apartheid in Africa while in the West they lived off centuries of Black slavery so they never knew poverty. But that's not true, and its like JAHJAH Love say people have grown up in historically poor areas and have ancestries of poverty so how can they be expected to be the oppressor. In such cases oppression knows no colour and its the Babylon system all of I n I must fight as people. Just because somebody is White it doesnt automatically make them the oppressor or they owe RasTafari something. Its a forward movement against all kinds oppression and those who overstand the true meaning of this in terms of HIS Majesty's vision, over RasTafari. It nah matter the colour of one's skin, but the colour of one's heart.
JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2008 10:41:17 PM

Ten, the I said,

------------------
I always thought white people had benefitted from colonialism and apartheid in Africa while in the West they lived off centuries of Black slavery so they never knew poverty. But that's not true.....
------------------

What the I thought is still true, it is just that not all white people have profited from the abuse of Africans. Earlier it was white people of a few of the countries in Europe that either benefited from their wickedness in Africa or in the West, and they not only benefited because of their wickedness against Africans, it was also from their wickedness against Asians, East Indians and the original people of the Americas and also against others in Europe.

Now the beneficiaries have changed from only including the descendants of certain European countries to including any of the wealthy people who are willing to join and have something to offer towards their wickedness, whether white, black, asian or anybody else. And the target is any of the people who are not as wealthy, and especially the poor. Although the target has expanded, it usually contains a larger number of people of certain colour, culture or nation than that of others. Depending on the country, one group of people out of the poor are abused more than the others.

Like I reasoned in the Power Struggle reasoning. They look for any way to group people together so that they can use some people to fight against others. The grouping changes depending on the time and place, based on the most likely grouping that will help them continue their wickedness.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: jonnytye Sent: 2/4/2008 2:42:58 PM

What can white people do for the RASTAFARI movment?
the same as black, the same as yellow or any other coulor, HIS majasty's words teach us that its not about coulor, tribe, nationality.
Its about accepting the message of LOVE, PEACE, UNITY and JAH and spreading it through out, we cannot force no messages but we can preach and practice them .....jah bless...

Messenger: Ten Sent: 2/4/2008 4:45:21 PM

Blessed Love
Just a quick question for jonnytye: I why ask what white can do for Rastafari if you go on to say that the Emperor speaks of no color? Surely you're answering yourself here, its not about color but the varying degrees of oppression people experience universally. I mean Whiteness, when we talk of racism (not race) becomes not a color but an institution, a system of privilege from which many have benefitted (Ark I, praises I note the I's RASponse much RASpect). So if you want to know what the system of Whiteness or Dominance (as it operates in other parts of the globe where its not neccessarily White benefit from non-White labour but for example the rampant govt corruption in many states worldwide) then I feel an acknowledgement of what has happened is a start. A complete and radical change of the system in terms of what we learn, the books we read, how images of beauty are constructed, of the global capitalist system so that we learn the truth, so that we learn not to privilege Whiteness or white features as the standard of beauty and we have to learn to start seeing each other as people, as humans. Not as Mr X from Suburb and Sister Y from Ghetto, no that's wrong, and no one deserves to suffer because they come from somewhere or look a certain way. Rastas globally have experienced that kind of hate, I n I have experienced brutal discrimination and until man and man learn to honour another's right to live, a right to a fair system of life whether its an all-Black or all-Indian or mixed society, the right to life must be upheld. Jonnyte the whole world, the whole system of dominant/minor, rich/poor, man/woman, Black/White has to change. Its everything in its entirety that has to change and as much as Whiteness is a big element, its only a part of the radical overhaul that needs to happen.
Blessed

Messenger: jonnytye Sent: 2/5/2008 8:22:24 AM

bretheran ten
I was answerin the question at the top of the page ^^^ and mearly stating that race should not be a boundery.
for any information on culture/history the I could give to I indeed it would be appreciated, as history is the best part of wisdom, to know about ancesstors.
I ancesstors (british) are nothing to be proud of in any case.
but were THEY have wronged WE can right...
The racial discrimination and leadership has NO part on this earth we are ALL equal, and the I is right Bretheran Ten, no one deserves to suffer because they come from somewhere or look a certain way.
my email address is jonnytye@hotmail.co.uk please do not hessitate to send any views you have.. as for the system I belive that there should be no polytricks if every man would help his fellow man then we could live together in peace.
polytricks use the masses as slave's to there shytsem to only make them self's richer and us poorer, its tym for man and woman to open there eye's and see what there makin us do to this world, only then can somthing be done about it..
*blessed love*
jonny tye

Messenger: Ten Sent: 2/9/2008 5:05:09 AM

Blessed Love jonnytye
OK I overs what the I meant, give thanks for pointing it out. One thing though Aya, I know in RasTafari the language is traditionally male-gendered because of all the terms Ayaman, man n man, Kingman etc and in the early days majority of Rases were male people always assume RasTa and male as the more likely. But as a RasTa or someone who has associations with Tafari order, surely you must know that children of JAH come in both genders; some of us are brothers, some of us are sisters, not everyone is male-gendered so please don't assume so. I never assumed yours, and what does it matter? I've experienced this often so don't take it personally, I feel I need to say it each and every time it happens so people get out of the habit of that traditionally male-centred language.
King Alpha and Queen Omega: always seek balance.
Give Thanks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 62

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I