Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=282&start_row=21

The Cross of shame,death and hell

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: native root Sent: 8/8/2005 5:46:36 PM

the ras and the klan are polar opposites yet they both symbolize and adore the cross.interesting

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 8/8/2005 5:59:22 PM

"the ras and the klan are polar opposites yet they both symbolize and adore the cross.interesting"

What is klan I havent heard of this before

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/9/2005 3:35:42 PM

Hes talking about the Klu Klux Klan bredren, but I'm not sure what hes deriving at but heres where I deriving at. Why does it matter? You do realize its the meaning that you put in symbol right. Who cares about who did what with it? What do you do with it. The Bible, Christianity, Rastafari, the Cross, all of these things are not unmixed blessings. If one wears a cross so what? What does that have to do with you? If all of the human race died off and the earth still had crosses in it, they would mean nothing because no one would be here to adress their meaning. Evil and Good don't exist outside of ourselves, so InI make those symbols what they are.

Ras Elijah if you wear a cross and have a heart felt reason to do so then continue with your walk, Native root I think you could find more productive things to bun fire on, but in any case why should you have wear or not wear one. Are we inspecting hearts or jewlery?

Do you think that everyone in History with dreadlocks was a good person? Should I make it my goal to bun fire on dreadlocks because of what they did? Why does it matter what Christopher Combluffus say?

I have a scholar Idea, instead of depending on what everyone else did with the cross or the this and that, why don't we try thinking for ourselves what we can do with it. It wasn't a wooden cross that created these devestations in history, it was the hearts of man. It could have been the cross, the swastika, the star of david, or anything, it was their hearts that drove them not special designs.

DO NOT LOSE FOCUS ON FOLLY THINGS. FOCUS ON YOUR SALVATION AND HIS MAJESTY I EXAMPLE! IF YOU WANT TO BUN FIRE I SUGGEST YOU BUN FIRE PON THIS TYPE OF SILLY DIVISION. OR YOU CAN BUN FIRE ON REAL EARTH DESTROYING OBJECTS OTHER THAN CROSSES, HOW ABOUT PETROCHEMICALS AND STYROPHOAM AND PAPER AND COTTON. OR HOW ABOUT BABYLON. NOT INI.

HOLY IMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/9/2005 5:43:44 PM

ini donot concerned about your jewelry, i was qouting a bredren,who was speaking some real serious thing, but i didnt expect the close minded christians to open them mind and ovas.

symbols go back to the anciant ones and hold alot of meaning.

instead of talking about i as a person and what I need to do maybe you should get past the "im a scholar rhetoric" and ask uself the question ........do i really know everything?.

the i's can rationalize thier missovas all day. but dont put words in i mouth and say i burn fya on the people here. cha!! i seen that.i burn fya on the cross.so wha

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 8/9/2005 9:07:42 PM

I think you need to ask yourself Native Rott, cause if you didnt then you could open your mind to the reasoning made by Dreadnut, he serves up good points in his reasonings.

symbols go back to the anciant ones and hold alot of meaning.

Thats right and the Cross was around before the wickedness that was done when the wicked idolized it.

EOC were their cross, I see them as the most righteous men & women cause no matter what hardships they go through their faith let them hold on and they never let go of their faith.

Much love,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 8/9/2005 9:12:15 PM

much love rasta youth.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/9/2005 10:44:18 PM

Native Root,

Blessed love Idren,

You can do what you want but burning fire on a cross is stupid. Why don't you bun fire on something that actually causes damage instead of things that people hide behind to cause damage. As far as your scholar comment goes hows this for a scholar,

"the great pirate columbusta once said " let us conquer these savages in the name of the holy trinity" or something like that."

Or something like that huh! Doesn't sound like the scholar did his research.

"so for the bredren to say the cross and christianity didnt play a role is in full denial."

If I told you that I knew a rasta that cheat on him wife and curse and hate, you would say "well hes not a true rasta" Did you ever stop to think that these people who portrayed themselves as Christians, weren't.

Religions aren't the problem, its due to the lack of spiritual understanding that people fall vic to using religions as their weapons instead of they own livity. So we need to be less generalizing when speaking, because it is easy for one to say, "I am Christian or this and that" but if that person don't walk away with that iditation in they head and heart then they never owned it to begin with.

All a cross is is jewlery, its up to you to decide what it means, it holds no good or evil unless you assign it to it.

Rastafari

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/10/2005 12:19:34 AM

dreadnut,

does the i have dislexia?Iman is not the one who calls himself a scholar.

Messenger: native root Sent: 8/10/2005 2:20:20 AM

ini not getting anywhere going back and forth like this.ini dont have a problem with any I here or them beliefs.ini shared what i knew about the facts on a certain religion.(jesus christ and Yahushua Ha MacheeYahk are two different people,wicked people put the bible togetha,Osiris and isis are mary and jesus and so on.
i am here to reason on subjects,not judge and measure wits.
the native rott comments and the twisting of ini words will not change the facts.
bless

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 8/10/2005 2:38:45 AM

Well bredren if you want to talk about twisting words then please show me where I stated to be a scholar.?????

No I am not dislexic but I do appreciate your direst concern for my mental well being.

Blessed Nieve Root

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I