Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=446&start_row=41

The Flesh and Blood of Christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/2/2014 12:44:54 PM

Unless he is not Christ.

He is a member of the Orthodox Church which:

1) DENY Haile Selassie as Christ
2) Part take in the consumption of the Eucharist.

According to testimony from some brothers within the Orthodox Church, His Majesty did take the Eucharist.

I also found the video I was looking for, although it doesn't show this directly
http://www.zeitun-eg.net/stcyril6/stcyril6_v19.zip

I don't know if ones will fully grasp the significance of which Haile Selassie taking in the Eucharist really has.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/2/2014 12:57:22 PM

What is your point? The fact that His Majesty is a member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church does not mean He is not the Almighty.Yashua was also baptized by John,remember that...

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/2/2014 1:20:13 PM

I did not say the bread and wine thing is blasphemy and misunderstanding itself.What I really ment to say was that most people who call themselves Christians do it as a useless ritual you dig?if one truly overstands the meaning of the flesh and blood thing,it plays no role if the man eat the bread and wine as a symbol of what he spiritually recieves from Christ,or doesn't.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/2/2014 5:11:45 PM

That's your overstanding. I appreciate it. My point is something different.

My point is only from what I observe most Rastafari do not part take in the consumption of the literal bread and wine in the form of the flesh and blood of Christ. Most rasta look to deeper meaning than that and don't see that as a physical requirement. Other rasta just don't deal with them Christian thing at all. My point is, if His Majesty..... As an Orthodox, part took in the ritual of taking the body and blood of Christ and consuming it.... And holding reverence and religious value on this, as a Christian. Then I see a paradox similar to my argument of haile selassie and his views on the bible.

If he did take the body and blood of Christ as orthodox and other Christians do. I have no problem with it. It doesn't mean we rasta have to. I don't have to adopt the religious beliefs of I father. It's his irit as one would call it, I rasta connected to. Who HIM is and what HIM is to I, without religious baggage.

Haile

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/2/2014 5:59:39 PM

Yes,the I is right by saying InI don't necissarily have to follow religious rituals or be religious to be His Majesty children and to connect to Him through the Irits and have a relationship with Him.For InI are not religious,but InI are Natural mystics Seen?offcourse it doesn't mean InI can't or shouldn't learn from the good things religion has to offer,but Iman no see it as a must.as an Idren told I once "Religion is for those who are afraid to go a hell,and spirituality is for those that already been through hell." Give thanks;JAH RastafarI;

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/3/2014 1:34:25 AM

"Religion is for those who are afraid to go a hell,and spirituality is for those that already been through hell."

Blessed Up Bro RAS-NATE-1995

Give thanks for that inspiring message

JAH Blessed

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/3/2014 1:34:58 AM

JAH Ras Tafari is the Never Ending God Almighty The Beginning without ending Itinually JAH Ras Tafari Haile Selassie I Elect of God

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/3/2014 2:54:03 AM

Iyahs
Give thanks itinually for the teachings.
RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/3/2014 1:36:36 PM

I want all who cussed me for not seeing the bible as an orthodox Christian does...... To take reverence to this reasoning.

To be more direct..... I wonder if Iyah Oats take Eucharist?

There is nothing to say Rastafari must take on all religious BELIEFS and rituals of Haile Selassie, as he was an orthodox Christian and we are not! I do not have to adapt the religion of my father to love and live upful according to my fathers standard.

If you missed the fiasco that went with my reasoning on the bible then this may go over your head.

In any case, Blessed to all

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/3/2014 11:45:28 PM

There is a difference between not doing every single thing Haile Selassie I does and refusing and speaking against the things that Haile Selassie I emphasizes and stresses the importance of. The Teachings and Mindset of Haile Selassie I are very important and significant to I and I. I see that the Bible contains the thoughts of both Man and God, but I have seen the usefulness of it, even before I Learned what Selassie I said about it. And after Learning what He has said, it is a confirmation of what I saw.

People shouldn't use the excuse that since RasTafarI people don't follow every single thing Haile Selassie I does, then they should by the same token refuse anything about Selassie I that doesn't fit with their desires. That doesn't necessarily mean that people will deal with every thing Selassie I does, but it is a recognition of the Greatness and WiseMind of Haile Selassie I.

Christians make all kinds of excuses for not following the example and Teachings of Christ. And now people want to do the same thing with Haile Selassie I.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I