Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=446&start_row=31

The Flesh and Blood of Christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/1/2014 2:41:05 PM

I think it has a symbolical meaning,Iman sure Yahshua didn't mean canibalism.Maybe the meaning of the flesh and blood thing is about Him giving up his flesh and blood thus his life for InI,and eating and drinking it means to accept Him and benefit through his sacrifice...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/1/2014 9:08:10 PM

Garveys Africa, the I said,
--------------
Why is there an emphasis on the body and blood of Christ? Body and Blood seems superficial and earthly compared to the spiritual concept. I would think the emphasis should be on the Teachings of christ, the life of christ, the spirit of christ... etc...
--------------

The same reason they prefer the words of Paul over the words of Christ. They don't want to live like Christ, so they use whatever excuse they can or divert attention to avoid living so. It seems like the Teachings of Christ are irrelevant to much of Christianity.

In the same reasoning where Christ speaks of flesh and blood being life, he explained to his disciples:

--------------
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
--------------

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/2/2014 5:49:40 AM

Give thanks Ark I;when I said to accept Him it mean to accept His words,spirit and message of truth.It mean to accept Him wholly.And eating His flesh and blood mean He stays in InI and InI in Him. JAH blessings;RastafarI;

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/2/2014 6:33:29 AM

Yes I;Iman see the drinking of wine as the blood of christ and eating bread as His flesh wich is done by so called Christians as blasphemy and misunderstanding caused by inability to go beyond the physical.InI come fi BUN dem foolishness and find out the truth for InIselves. JAH guidance;

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/2/2014 7:01:17 AM

Interesting. I was expecting a backlash. Rasta calling Christian overstanding confusion, I like it.

But wait....

Didnt his Majesty take the Eucharist?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/2/2014 7:08:11 AM

Blessings to d I's! Life up! One question I got, weh da concep of Yshua diein for sins come fum? Cuz certain Mosaic scriptures say evrybody must die for they own sins, nobody ca die for dem even Ezekiel it 18 it say dat and dat to live righteously is only theng needed fuhduh forgive sins. So weh dat come fum??

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/2/2014 7:12:48 AM

^^^ good question
If he died for our sins then that gives the impression we are free to sin as Jesus has already paid the price for them.

And if he died for our sins is that to mean we don't have to die?

If we read the scripture it seems more as though Jesus died for the roman council who met and discussed how they had to rid of this man who was claiming he was the son of god and performing miracles before he takes away from their power. I can't quote which scripture this is but it's in there! To me it seems Jesus died for the roman aristocracy, nothing to do with us here now.....

Good question. The responses will be interesting

I still want to know if HIM took the Eucharist that we just labelled as confusion?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/2/2014 7:17:12 AM

Garveys Africa,why does the I think,or from where does the I have the information that His Majesty took the Eucharist?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/2/2014 7:26:13 AM

I am asking. As he was a Christian. I heard he took the Eucharist from HH Pope Kyrillos VI, the Pope of Alexandria on video but which I have never seen
I was asking.... Because we are saying the emphasis should not be on body and blood, that is Christian confusion. But if HIM did it...... I see this concept as a striking similarity between what I and others have said about HIM and the bible. His majesty was a Christian, an Orthodox; and I understand I am not. If I see his majesty taking the Eucharist I overstand why but that does not mean it is for me.

So my question is did Haile Selassie consume the Eucharist and/or the blood of Christ? And what do Rastas think about this consumption of flesh and blood? Just because his majesty believed in this in relation to his religion are we to do the same?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/2/2014 11:40:34 AM

I don't see a reason why He would take the Eucharist,coz Selassie I is Christ Himself.Seen?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I