Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=954&start_row=1

interpretation

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress1 Sent: 7/27/2005 12:31:25 PM

greetings to the I dem. Its been a while but the Lioness is still trodding strong. yesterday InI was under a nice medi when I looked out my window from my second floor tenement I saw a considerably big sized spider that appeared to be floating on a long web, above my window between my building and the next. The I was not frightened but I just thought about the timin in which I saw this morbid creature. I was not hallucenating I know that it was real, but my question to the I dem is does my observation, while under a meditation have a serious meaning? InI know it does but just cant pinpoint who or what I should be aware of.
Give Thanks and Praise
to The Holy One

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 7/27/2005 12:56:44 PM

IMAN WOULDNT COMPLICATE I MIND OVER SIGHT OF A SPIDER WHILE INI WAS INA IRIE MEDITATION. JAH WILL REVEAL TO YOU THE TRUTHS IN DUE TIME. SEEN? THE MESSAGE I CAN COME UP WITH, IS THAT LIFE SURROUNDS YOU IN ALL FORMS. I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.

IN SIMPLICITY OF HEART. SEEK HIM.

SELASSIE

Messenger: native root Sent: 7/27/2005 3:21:49 PM

evil lurks

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/28/2005 2:29:29 AM

Spider could be distraction from true relevation. Break in lioness concentration.

One Luv

RSK

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/28/2005 10:40:10 AM

Greetings Empress

I do not know why ones feel a spider is evil or bad. Personally I take oppurtunities like that just to sit and observe nature, and the life of another creature that is not human...how it spins the web, eats its food, etc. Simple observation of JAH's Creation can teach deep lessons.

Blessings

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 7/28/2005 11:55:39 AM

Give thanks for all the I dem responses still. Sistren Khamyl I here you becuase seeing the creature did distract me from the true purpose of holding a medi. Me nah trouble meself over it Irie Lion but seek and ye shall find -- the meaning of a sign in my case. Native Root I honestly did a kind of bad vibe from it thats why I brought it to the forum. You bolstered my instincts. A question for Jah Love though God created God and evil right? InI belive so, becuase InI know the I know that Jah tests us to see is stedfast in his faith,instruction and livity. Though everybodies veiws may not be the same I think even the creatures we find in nature are representative of the whole concept of good and evil. How who you classify a butterfly in comparison to a spider; or a rabbit to a snake? Any way the InI have to go.
Blessings. Give thanks and praise to the Almighty.

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/28/2005 12:27:55 PM

Greetings Empress

In the spirit of Higher Reasoning...

What does a spider do that is bad? What does a snake do that is bad? Defend themselves, survive, and feed themselves just as we do? In my view of things, it is human fear, or pride, that puts these labels of good and evil on other creatures. Honestly, we are no different, except in the ability to make rational decisions vs. our natural, animal instinctal decisions. Even then, I think we pride ourselves a bit too much in our humaness. Has the snake or the spider done the environmental, racial, and biological destruction humans have? No. So maybe we look evil to our animal and insect brothers and sisters? I do not honestly know, but the question begs to be asked.

In my view of things, I see all species as inter-connected and inter-dependent...all part of the giant web of JAH's beautiful Creation.

Give Thanks for the Reasonings.

Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 7/28/2005 1:01:24 PM

BLESSED,

JAHLOVE, I LIKE YOUR VIEW TOWARDS THIS MATTER. I AGREE ON WHY WOULD THE SPIDER OR ANY OF JAH CREATION HAVE TO BE EVIL. ANOTHER THING, JAH DIDNT CREATE EVIL. EVIL IS THE GOING ASTRAY OF JAH. SEEN? I ONCE THOUGHT JAH CREATED THE EVIL TO TEST US, OR TO GIVE US CHOICE, FOR THAT IS THE GIFT OF LIFE. BUT IF JAH CREATED EVIL, THEN HE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE EVIL IN HIM. EVIL DOESNT ACTUALLY EXIST. READ THIS:
Subject: Does Evil Exist?

The university professor challenged his students with this question.

"Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes, he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir", the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then God is evil".

The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460° F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exist just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not recognize God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 7/28/2005 1:55:54 PM

Irie Lion, I admit you almost had me there. InI reason that if the I thinks the I will reach a conclusion. I dont mean to sound condescending but what do you call the absence of JAH? The greatest device of the devil is to decieve many into believing that he does not exsist. The devil is known strictly for his evil works "and according to the principal that our works define who we are" right? Therefore if you do not believe that there is no evil you must also believe that the devil isnt real. The absence of GOD is just a euphamism for evil. Youve been decieved. We're on the internet but look around you in the real world......London, Eygpt, all over the middle east. What is happening? On the am radio dial this morning I heard one man speak that the U.S. wanted to employ officers all over the world just to secure their own security. For What?! "You gotta know ya history" as the messenger Luciano says. The US is already a super power but now they want to make sure that no body else rises. Like the cartoon Pinky and The Brain all they want to do is take over the world and they are going to repeat history by using force and then covering it up. Workers of iniquity cover things up which is what the US has done in the past and covers up in the history textbooks that teachers use to teach our youth. Any way still Good and evil are very real. InI thank Jah for the little wisdom and understanding that I have.
Give Thanks and Praise to The ALMIGHTY JAH !

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/28/2005 5:58:03 PM

Agreed Irie Lion.

Evil/sin = moving away from JAH... this is closer to the Eastern Orthodox and Ethiopian Orthodox idea. We need to move towards JAH, not farther away...the ultimate goal is actual experience of the Most High.

Give Thanks

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I