Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6520&start_row=91

Ancient Egyptian and Hebrew concepts of the universe: Flat Earth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 12:25:59 PM

Hemphill asked why are they in this form? What is the standard of truth behind geb lying down. To indicate a flat earth?

Lol well

Many of the geb shu and nut images show geb to be lying with an erect phallus. Before shu managed to seperate geb from nut, geb had already made nut pregnant by many accounts in kemet. Thus creating Heru, Ausar and Auset.....

Personification of nature / dieties
And ancient sex

This is why the image is as it is. A phallus coming out of a globe with a face wouldnt really work as well

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/25/2016 12:28:26 PM

Exactly! That's why I postep that picture of Geb with an erect "djed/scepter"

By the way Hemphill, speaking for Iself, I'm not getting the impression that you are "hell bent" on the subject. It has brought forth good reasonings.

Give thankhs!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 12:29:01 PM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/25/2016 12:31:04 PM

AO!!!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 12:42:34 PM

It is good to hear that Rasta Goddess! I am not hell bent on this, I have heard what it is saying and asking the best people I know whether or not it is plausible.. Ras Tafari always finds the truth! Give thanks for the reasonings! I want to ask Wendim Yadon more about this because it seems he is looking into it quite literally and seriously

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 12:55:55 PM

Can i ask is their any contention between bro Yadon and memebers of this website or the site itself? Is he affiliated with any open forums of discussion? I only ask because i have seen him come up during debates online more than a few time but never had the chance of reasoning with the bredda. I overs his bible stance is unshakeably literal..... But none biblical topics like this are interesting.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 1:07:24 PM

I dont know if the brother is on this site but I do know that he runs a site called rastafarigroundation and there are forums and discussions there.. I posted a blog about this topic there but never got a response so I brought it here..

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 2:55:56 PM

Away from the bible and into more observable items; we say the equatorial circumference of the globe earth is roughly 25000 miles. Which adds to roughly 8 inches of curvature every mile. Flat earthers say that the viewable absence of this curvature within salt flats and the ocean is proof of the flat earth.. They point to the bolivian salt flat as a main example of not being able to detect this 8 inch drop over a large flat area. Being able to see distant mountains and having a perfect mirror effect when rain falls is thier proof of non-curvature. Saying that an 8 inch curve every mile would make it mathmatically impossible to see the sights one can clearly see at this salt flat, the horizon would drop and cocnceal the mountains and distort the rain fall miror. They also use this login in being able to view the Chicago sky line from Michigan.. When talking about viewing boats slowly fading into and over the horizon line, they say simply get a telescope or camera and zoom in and you can clearly see the boat floating several miles out.. There are videos showing these 'phenomenons' very clearly and accurately.. I say, what if these viewable facts are not out right proofs of flat earth but proofs of the earth not being 25000 miles with a constant curvature of 8 inches per mile? The earth does not have to flat for these numbers to be wrong, it just has to be bigger than 25000 miles.. Right? We can tell from the pictures that we are given that sizing and proportion are issues for nasa.. Check this out
Again, what if this does not prove a flat earth, just that the size and proportion are wrong?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 3:28:01 PM

Give thanks ive not heard of that forum before. Il check it out

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 4:00:52 PM

No problem GA. I think it is a good site but you may not like it.. It revolves mainly around the Word..

As to the last video I posted, the man does an analysis on why nasa's pictures show the same land masses being drastically diffetent sizes.. He concludes that it is the relative distance of the camera that gives this effect.. Seems sound until you notice that when he zooms in on the earth and the land masses naturally distort, we are not seeing the entire globe within the shot.. The nasa photos showing land mass distortion have the entire globe visable yet diffetent land sizes.. If the entire globe is visable, that means that the distance of the satellites taking the pictures are relatively similar.. Also when we look at the 'Blue Marble' article I posted earlier, we hear from nasa that the last full photo of the earth was taken in 1972, all other photos are compilations of smaller shots and photoshopped into the final image.. Why is nasa so inconsistant? If we look to the ties of nasa and the jesuits, we may begin to see why they are fraudulent.

Again, I sincerely appricite the reasonings

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I