Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6520&start_row=41

Ancient Egyptian and Hebrew concepts of the universe: Flat Earth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/23/2016 3:55:08 PM

"Like George Clinton from parliament stated "This is the Way We Funk With You", meaning this is how our ancestors or the universe speak to us"

SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwaan Har Tema!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/23/2016 4:22:21 PM

Nasa says that the Earth is an oblate spheriod yet every picture they give us of the Earth is a perfect sphere... Why the contradiction?

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 5/23/2016 5:43:25 PM

With all due respect to all the bredren and sistren them, I CAN'T believe Rastafari is talking about the earth being flat! Seriously Hemphill, in 2016?? No way are we degrading down to ignorant pagan beliefs. As has already been shown to you, Incient African cultures have figured out the spheric shape of the Earth long ago, no need to question that! And the Bible saying the Earth is fixed i no way means necessarily that it is flat.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/23/2016 6:10:40 PM

We must ask the question, Why would NASA or any top institutions go at extreme level to hide the Earth is Flat? What are their gains and purpose? Yes, we indeed know Nasa lied about many things, even the Moon landing in the 60s. BUT How is this beneficial to them in regards of the flat earth?

During lunar eclipses, the projected shadow of the earth on the moon is always round. If the earth were flat, then this projection will not always be circular (it could degenerate to a line!). But this is NEVER observed, regardless of the time of the lunar eclipse. flat surface or Disc does not cast perfectly circular or crescent shadows. You can do this with a golf ball in front of a light.

In Guatemala there is the Temple of Kukulcan called "Chichen Itza". The pyramid consists of a series of square terraces with stairways up each of the four sides to the temple on top. Sculptures of plumed serpents run down the sides of the northern balustrade. During the spring and autumn equinoxes, the late afternoon sun strikes off the northwest corner of the pyramid and casts a series of triangular shadows against the northwest balustrade, creating the illusion of a feathered serpent "crawling" down the pyramid.

Also each of the pyramid's four sides has 91 steps which, when added together and including the temple platform on top as the final "step", produces a total of 365 steps, which is equal not only to the number of days of the Haab' year but also our solar years).

One source ask the question, "When researching Flat Earth Theory there is 1 claim that I am finding puzzlingly hard to debunk.

If the earth is spinning around its own axis, and orbiting around the sun, at a regular speed then, why don't we have to change our clocks by a full 12 hours every 6 months to account for the fact that we are on opposite sides of the sun"

Here is the response...

"The difference between a sidereal day and a solar day is approximately 3 minutes 56 seconds, or 236 seconds.

Six months as measured by us on Earth is 182.5 solar days (ignoring leap years), so our clocks are actually lagging the sidereal day by:

236 seconds/day x 182.5 days = 43070 seconds, or 11 hours 57 minutes 50 seconds.

So, after six months, we have already automatically adjusted our clocks by almost exactly 12 hours.

I was pondering why this didn't add up to exactly 12 hours, and it's because the Earth actually rotates 366 times on its axis during the year, not 365 times. (It's actually 366.2425 times.) We count 365 days, because the Earth's orbit means that the sun has (from our viewpoint) also circled the globe in the opposite direction, cancelling out one day.

If you multiply the exact time difference (solar day minus sidereal day) of 235.9084 seconds by 366.2425 days, you get exactly 86,400 seconds or 1 day."

As Goddess was illustrating about the Great Pyramid of Kham and how it was used for many things especially as an Observatory.

Here is an excerpt from the Idren Ital Iman's "THE BOOK OF CHILAM BALAM OF THE RIVER CITY";

"It was in the beginning. The space travelers came to earth. They built The great pyramid at Egypt first as an observatory-to measure, and Record astronomical phenomena as data; recording the movements of
Planets, in their relationship with stars, on the walls of the great
Pyramid in mathematical code; these codes in the next development were Translated in to allegories, metaphors and similes; from this Pattern the Holy Scriptures of The Kings were designed..."

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/23/2016 7:42:41 PM

The Bible does not specifically say 'flat' yet it does say we are immovable and that the moon is its own light... It does say the face of the earth and the four corners of the earth which do not add up to a sphere.. If you cannot deduce flat or a plane from that, just that it says we are immovable is completely different from our current view of spinning and orbiting the sun.. The Book of Enoch has similar and strong flat earth claims.. I have not stated any of this as fact, just that there are different perceptions than that of today's.. Even ancient cultures differ in their perception of Earths orientation, leading me to believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.. I think that if the Bible is true in that we are immovable, the system is telling us the exact opposite.. If the Bible is true in saying that Earth is creation in its entirety -- a planetarium -- then Babylon is pushing us the exact opposite direction with saying that the cosmos is infinite and Jahs Earth is utterly minuscule.. Forcing us to discount the Bible as nonsense and trusting the system over the Word of Jah, which is a demonic stance of you ask me.. I do not know for 100% certainty the orientation of the Earth because I have not seen it from a perspective that would allow me to see its entire shape, making us put faith in one side of the subject.. Personally I have trusted the Bible over the system on many many issues. So with this I am reasoning as to which side is more valid.. The Word that H.I.M profess or the world view of Babylon..

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/23/2016 9:17:38 PM

The Bible is a metaphorical book with much symbolism as Hieroglyphic and pictographs. One should read the Biblical (Genesis) account from the Sumerian point of view and not the other way around.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/23/2016 10:01:10 PM

Metaphors can mean a million different things to a million different people.. An eternal document -- as H.I.M say -- would have to be self verifying and unchangable.. Now I overstand that the Bible must be viewed through the proper lense to make sense of it but to say it is all metaphor is to deny any standard of truth.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/23/2016 11:33:03 PM

Metaphor, parrables, proverbs and Symbolism all express "a standard of truth". One must overstand and sight that truth from the Inner Self and Universal Self/All. There are layers upon layers of truth to be overstood in different stages of spiritual development. They are often not literal, or obvious.

Hence the reason why all Master Teachers and Holy Men taught and spoke that way.

He who have ears, let them hear.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/23/2016 11:54:57 PM

Metaphors and Mythology do stemmed from Truth and using this type of system our ancestors understand the oneness of self and nature even better than we do today. But to think of the Bible as a book of literal truth with all the characters and event actually taken place is absurd.

There were no such person with the name Adam, Eve, Noah, Enoch, David, Solomon, Moses, Jesus that has ever existed. Even in their original Hebraic form they are still no proof. These are only characters base upon partial Historical events and various ancient tales all molded into the mythological account we called the Bible. However, these stories are about the inner working of one's own spiritual anatomy. We know Christ had to died at age 33 upon Golgotha, which symbolize the 33 vertebrates that runs up the spine to the base of the skull (Calvary) where the Medulla resides. Or 144,000 that are sealed in Revelation, which represent the 144,000 nadis (nerve channels) or branches that stem from our "tree of life"(spine) and flow throughout our body. The Bible says that Enoch lived 365 years before he was taken by God, and this is exactly the orbital period of the earth. I can go on and on... Even Moses was learnt in all the wisdom of the Egypts (Plural).

The Bible is a very Metaphysical Book and a book of Science. For every time you come across the word knowledge in the New Testament it meant "Gnosis", which means knowledge or Science and is equivalent to the Hebrew Daath. Even in Laten Science or Scientia, means "knowledge".

Why you think the Gnostic Gospel was being disregarded? Because it contradict the teachings of Biblical Christ....

So while many are drawing their conclusion about the shape of the earth being flat and pen pointing bible verses. Well, lets go to an even older script, which is way more older than the Bible, Quran and Torah. HIM speak highly of India and its spiritual system by saying,

"Were the thoughts of Plato and Socrates, the beliefs of Christianity and Judaism not harmonized with Hindu philosophy; were Yoga and its various stages not exposed to Western thought; had Western religion and philosophy not been exposed to the philosophy and religion of the East through Your Excellency's persistent endeavor, how much the poorer would human thought have been!"

So lets go to the Vedas and the land of India for answers. This same land which was colonized by those of Kush and Punt from East Africa.

"Vedas and puranas never mention that earth is flat or it is like a concept. Puranas always mentioned that Hiranyaksha submerged Earth into ocean. There are indirect references to show that Earth is not flat. Similar concept is found in Srimad Bhagavatam as well, where it is mentioned that when it is morning in Yama's town (South), it is night in Kubera's town (North), alluding to the fact that Earth is round.

Also, Earth and Universe (in general) are mentioned with the team "Andam", which refers to oval shape (Egg is called as Anda). This is in line with the observations that Earth is not a perfect sphere (oblate) and neither its path around Sun."

"In Hinduism, in the Vedic scriptures earth is referred to as 'Bhoogolah' or 'Bhoo' means 'Earth' in Sanskrit and 'Golah' means which is 'round' or 'spherical' and the study of earth i.e. Geology was called 'Bhaugolika Shaastra'
Vedic science is purely axiomatic i.e. in this context no one needs to prove that earth is round . It is clearly evident from the word Bhoogolah that earth was indeed round."

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/24/2016 1:16:13 AM

Seen. I thank everyone for the level headed reasoning here.. I have one last thing to ask.. Have any of you heard about a man named Wedim Yadon? He yas a youtube channel called rastafarisabbathical which has many videos on many subjects. Yadon uses the Bible very literally and professes the corolation of the Word and the teachings of H.I.M.. On this channel I first came across the flat earth idea.. I think that there is truth in saying that NASA is fraudulent and leading people away from Jah with the big bang and evolution falacy.. Divine creation is seen as stone age thinking in todays world view.. I think that it is obvious that we have become more disconnected from nature than ever before.. Children today spend time in school learning about other solar systems based on theoretical ideals that may or may not be true vs learning about our mother earth here in reality.. Again, I think the truth is found somwhere in the middle.. Ancient cultures knew more about the cosmos than we do today yet they were way more connected to divine nature, the two 'sides' can coexist perfectly but they do not today.. Meaning that there are lies in place to distort the truth and sway peoples trust in favor of the deceivers.. This thread is meant to question the very basics of what we 'know' to assure that we are not taking the systems version for granted... NASA has the market cornered on cosmological science today. This science is seen as so inconceivable to the average person that what they put forth is accepted as truth without second guessing.. I guess the Bible can be seen in the same light..

Most high appreciation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I