Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5052&start_row=11

It is not Wrong to eat Meat

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 112
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: DURU Sent: 2/17/2013 7:06:13 PM

Blessed to all.

Yes I , meat is not a natural food for man ,before,it just happen that when times vegetation was not enough for instance through certain natural calamities then ppl ate meat but that's only when really shortage of vegetation which is in fact not a common event,why? Because man knew its not natural and its negative influence on spirituality and ofcourse animals are seen equals with human according to indigeneuos cultures, and biologically if an animal is slaughtered do d I dem think when this animals that would be sacrificed d animal will give thanks to JAH simply because them would be sacrificed to JAH in I opinion it was a barbaric culture and from a barbaric ppl reflecting with dem barbaric god, in fact biologically when animals are slaughter first thing happen is dem get fearful and by being fearful d body reaction is that it release certain toxins as a reaction from fear which InI wil consume too when eating meat ,spiritually d fear energy that d animals had will be absorbed on InI energy bodies ,this is why most flesh eaters are aggressive simply because of fear,any angers root is fear. Fruits are d most vital energy givers including all seed baring vegetables specially when eaten raw and its alive and d fruits seed is being spread all over earth to produce more trees and plants and more fruits and this is how nature provides InI , not by animal eating it simply is not natural and barbaric since InI have intelligence to overstand it but it seem InI desire or taste senses has dominated InI capacity of knowing or by being conscious about it then certain dogmas or rituals are created to cover d fact and make it appear to be a holy act just to support d desire itself and these happens in many ways specially this times through entertainment for instance keeping InI occupied so InI function unconsciously and controlled by InI senses this is why for majority a great effort to give meat eating. For instance in d western world where fast foods are dominating and dem obese or fat ppl know d danger dem facing but still need a therapy to get out of it ,its d most dangerous drug simply because its legal and everywhere is selling it , eating is for living and not for killing animal or iself , by eating fruits InI provide life and same time feeding mother nature. Example fishes produce lots of eggs simply to provide d bigger fish that depends on it but not for man cause those fishes can't live without it but InI can.
InI no need any scriptures or any excuses to support InI desire or greed,for d simply reason that it is known that fruits and vegetables is d perfect food of man because its InI natural food if not so and InI need meat then it should be that all italist ,vegans and vegetarians should have been dead now but not,dem seems to be d healthiest man.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/18/2013 2:02:58 AM

Rasta isa livity. Ital livity is part of de livity. Locks are part of de livity. If some ones seh locks are not important, are dem telin us dat de pececution rasta elders n many rastas around de world suffer fo havin locks is in vain? One thing ones affe over is dat those Israelites (like Abraham) u keep on referin to in de bible were certainly not rastas so don't take deir wrongdoin of animal murder. Meat is expensive than plant food so ina areas of drought n hunger grains are usually provided fo de people not meat so it is not true dat dere are people who can afford meat but not plant food. Fireburn animal abuse n murder. Bundong canibalism.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 2/18/2013 5:12:18 AM

I wonder what Ones and Ones will make of this as well; because recently I've had a few people I know come to I for advice about horrific dreams they have had about mass slaughteration of animals. The one thing these people have in common is that they still eat of the flesh, and like the I DURU says, they have taken on the fearful energy of the dead animals (because Yes I, undoubtedly the animals feel pain and fear and other emotions just like humans, no animal wants to be slaughtered) they have been eating, and it is manifesting in their thoughts and subconscious as dreams of things like rooms splattered with blood and animal pieces with all sorts of animals being fed into a gigantic food processor among other things. I even remember having such nightmares when I Iself was younger and still eating of the flesh, but I have been eating of the soil for a long time now and I am never troubled by such dreams or even fear itself too much anymore. As I said already as well, I health improved massively. I used to be sickly and ill for much of the year, but since I took up Ital Livity, I don't get sick like that at all. Maybe a common cold in winter, but Iman live in England, so everyone gets one of those.

And by the way Idren Black Heart, on the subject of locks, I don't think anyone is trying to Reason that locks are not important to I and I, but rather cautioning against reducing RastafarI Livity to a hair trod alone. Those Ras I know who don't wear locks still show great Raspect and Isideration to the tribulations that the Elders and Incients went through for carrying locks, but at the same time, there are still and always have been Elders and Incients who never wore locks, so are Man like Leonard Howell not worthy of Raspect just because they didn't natty up? And who knew that RastafarI people used to slaughter a goat and eat of that flesh when they gathered? It wasn't until Incients like Bongo Tawney and organisations like Youth Black Faith arose that the flesh eating was burned out of the Nyahbinghi. I sight that as a unquestionably good thing, but it would be a mistake to think that RastafarI people have been Ital since Haile Selassie I was crowned.

Blessed love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/18/2013 8:24:27 AM

what u say is most important, not what u eat. eating flesh or not doesnt
make anyone Rastafari, but what i think & say & do.
ACTION tells more of behaviour, character, fate.
We eat for physical strength, not to survive or live, for Jah is our real food.
the greatest action is that of LOVE, let love conqure all. for without love there is nothing at all.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 2/18/2013 8:48:04 AM

Yes I, Nazarite I and Jehosophat. What also sticks out to I is what Prophet Gad said, "its not a hair doctrine" and that it is a function of the heart and dat InI love cuz from di heart Jah works are perfomed and shined amongst the people. Peace and love

InI also agree with Duru, and ital livity alsl reduces sickness, since InI have cut out red meat, I dont get sick as in sore throats, fevers, headaches and things like that no more. The herbs gives I the nutrients and vitamins to build up the immune system and promote long life, remember in the beginning herbs was meat and that Yeshua say he is the bread, and bread come from wheat, the herbs.

But still iveryone has their choice and calling to answer

Messenger: DURU Sent: 2/18/2013 11:37:26 AM

Blessed to all.

Greetings jehosaphat, yes I ,love life is living ,d food InI eat is part of it ,if love has conquered, it includes d love of animals,and everything which is wholeness, with love, right actions is d fruit of It,including what InI think, food have influence with d mind which is a fact,in what InI do such as eating meat simply supports d death of an animal which contradicts d action of love,hence love is unconditional,and physical strength has nothing to do with meat eating but d control of d energy(inner chi) of d body,and d inner strength of man ,food still has an influence that's why in most cultures including christianity meat eating is prevented on certain holy days or by hindu for instance has d sattvic food which is no meat, and for d simple fact that if its not natural for man its simply means dis obedience of d law of nature ,law of JAH
But ofcourse InI can't force InI craving for it but by being aware of d fact will simply will drop its craving ,that's how love conquers.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/18/2013 12:49:53 PM

This subject the LORD most High told Moses and Aaron in Leviticus 11

And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.

Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is cloven-footed, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

Nevertheless, these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

they shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination.

Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

and the vulture, and the kite after his kind;

every raven after his kind;

and the owl, and the nighthawk, and the cuckoo, and the hawk after his kind,

and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,

and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier-eagle,

and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;

even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.

But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

And for these ye shall be unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcass of them shall be unclean until the even.

And whosoever beareth aught of the carcass of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.

The carcasses of every beast which divideth the hoof, and is not cloven-footed, nor cheweth the cud, are unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.

And whatsoever goeth upon his paws, among all manner of beasts that go on all four, those are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcass shall be unclean until the even.

And he that beareth the carcass of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.

These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,

and the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole.

These are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they be dead, shall be unclean until the even.

And upon whatsoever any of them, when they are dead, doth fall, it shall be unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever vessel it be, wherein any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the even; so it shall be cleansed.

And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean; and ye shall break it.

Of all meat which may be eaten, that on which such water cometh shall be unclean: and all drink that may be drunk in every such vessel shall be unclean.

And every thing whereupon any part of their carcass falleth shall be unclean; whether it be oven, or ranges for pots, they shall be broken down: for they are unclean, and shall be unclean unto you.

Nevertheless a fountain or pit, wherein there is plenty of water, shall be clean: but that which toucheth their carcass shall be unclean.

And if any part of their carcass fall upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, it shall be clean.

But if any water be put upon the seed, and any part of their carcass fall thereon, it shall be unclean unto you.

And if any beast, of which ye may eat, die; he that toucheth the carcass thereof shall be unclean until the even.

And he that eateth of the carcass of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcass of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.

And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.

Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.

For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: Lev. 19.2 · 1 Pet. 1.16 neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:

to make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

About the teachings of the Immanuel I is this.

Jah RasTafarI is Haile Selassie I.
In I and I terms, a spiritual person.

And after Yeshua died, his body became like a ghost,but the I eternal Immanuel I was not a Ghost, for I and I hand can touch Him.

Yes, for no eye has seen Jah, but only the Eternal Son, who bare witness of the Father, Messiahs I proclaim insight of Jah.

So let not the I and I cast stones in the next person's way because of rastafari way of life.

The LORD clearly spoke to the man who sees Jah, for none of the Israelits saw Jah, but only Moses the spirit of Emmanuel I in dis time.

So the I live for Iver.

The I advise it safer not to eat meat.

Yes, I and I was weak and ate vegetables to get strong.
Now I and I body is strong of herbs, so I and I can eat meat, as described by Jah in the Leviticus.

But once again, Rastafari is about praising Jah.
Rastafari is about serving Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I as I and I Creator.

And for those of the I's that say Abraham had nothing to do with rastafari, read this;

Abraham is the Father of many nations,
Every nation shall bow.
The Father is Jah Almighty.

For if Abraham ate meat, those three visitors ate meat, then blessed be that meat which filled the LORD's appatite that Day, to even bless Abraham with a Son, even the Son of Jah.

So this blessing is to be accepted, and not destroyed.
For Don't be like the jews, which when they heard what the son of Jah said, they did not beleive, and sought to kill him.

No.

Rather love your fellow neighbour, and accept the Faith of Rastafari, Jah Head Creator. Creator of everything.

If the I dies, and Jah is praised, through I and I faith alone, Jah raise I and I into life eternal, and then the Lion and the Lamb shall eat grass together.

So until Jah return with a new heaven and new earth, and we all live in peace, love and joy. And all wars are no more. And we one big family of Jah on earth, then any heart on earth will find it wrong, even the fiece lion will find it wrong in its heart to kill.

Yes killing is wrong, and we can't stop I and I selves from killing small animals like insects and ants.

Yes, even killing the tiniest of the creatures is murder towards those creations, so even that, Jah will put a stop to that.

So I and I will not even kill the smallest of the mites, because of a new creation in Heaven, and a fresh creation on Earth.

For ZION shall prevail.
The King of Zion shall rule all creation,
even through faith alone of Jah RasTafarI.

By having faith alone in Jah RasTafarI, I and I give Jah praise,
so the dead be raised.

Peace

Love

Joy

I am I am

the LORD replied out of the burning bush of fire

I am Jah I am

Holy Immanuel I

Haile Selassie I

Jah RastafarI

Messiahs I

Son of Jah
Child of Jah
Life of Light
Flesh of Flesh
Son of man

Zion

Zion Rite

Zion rules

Messenger: chica Sent: 2/18/2013 1:39:51 PM

Greetings, Melchezidek. This scripture you have posted seems to suggest that it is OK to eat fish, beef and eggs. Am I missing something here? Please explain. So this subject, "It is not wrong to eat meat" is correct?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 2/18/2013 1:56:16 PM

I can see u love eating meat very much dat u detemined to make it look good. De truth is dat we mankind are not de same. Even rastas are diferent some don't eat meat some do. I aint got no intention to judge dem who eat meat but I personaly feel it is not good to eat meat. If we seh one love then let de animals also feel de one love. Raspect to all.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/18/2013 2:51:25 PM

see, In The Begining Jah created everything, He gave man dominion over all things, but now is too late for man has gone astray, eating the flesh from all. I pray that those who seek the truth in earnest will see it in Nature to the glory of Jah. It is right ere for any one to see, i hope i&i rise above beastliness. I started out by quiting pork, then all maner of flesh in the name of food, to the effect that as it was In The Begining, so shall it be In The End. One Love.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 112

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I