Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6129&start_row=31

White Race

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2015 6:49:54 PM

^^so you deal with ideology and not livity. That would be the inference from your comments. Yet any and anybody will tell u this is a Livity and not a religion....

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/7/2015 8:14:03 PM

I deal with my livity. I do not pretend to adhere to other cultures ways. I follow HIS example and teachings. My ideology -- if that is how you want to put it -- is that H.I.M. is Ha-Mashiach in Kingly character. This ideology or belief system or consciousness transcends the boundaries of 'religious doctrine' into a way of thinking and way of life for ME. I do recognize some similarities with the Ras Tafari people and culture -- loving nature and resisting the system -- but I do not adhere to every specificity of the Rasta livelihood.

H.I.M. is the key for me; just as Yeshua Ha-Mashiach is the key. I have a goal of having my love, work, and faith becoming seamlessly ONE.. MY 'livity' if you will..

I see this journey as one of spiritual progress, an individual trod.. I can surround myself with those who agree or closely resemble my ways but at the end of the day, the life I lead is mine alone.. I have long since given up trying to convince myself as well as others that I am part of the Rasta culture. I reflect some aspects but it is not mine, seen? I work with what works for me. My faith is in H.I.M. Label that however you want.. It won't sway me..

Bless
One Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/7/2015 8:41:58 PM

How do you deal with HIM and reject Ras Tafari?

How do you deal with HIM and seemingly hold on to racist perspectives?

How do you deal with HIM and not recognize him as one of the Fathers of AFRICAN UNITY?

How do you deal with HIM.................as an AFRICAN?

It is simply amazing that non-Africans come into African organizations or movements, yet are SELECTIVE about certain intrinsic African realities.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/7/2015 8:57:54 PM

Reject Ras Tafari? Not at all. I just do not attach myself to the exact ways or livity of the African Culture. To do so would be a trespass no?

Racist perspectives? What, because I am white? Or that I 'have the nerve' to report on hate crimes outside of White perpetrators?

Who said I oppose African Unity? African unity with H.I.M leading is a beautiful and absolutely necessary happening.

It is amazing how any and everything a White person does is seen as racist.. Take it to the extreme here; Cultural appropriation: Africa is the birthplace of Human life, Life is an African culture, how dare I appropriate to life because it is African.. Seen as racist just for living... See the ridiculousness?

I am selective with what I adhere to because I am constantly told I have NO place in or with H.I.M. I KNOW this to be false, so out of respect for those who have restored their OWN identity and culture, I step aside from adhering to those specificities and look straight to the Father of ALL creation. H.I.M.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/7/2015 9:46:16 PM

Hemphill. yu & Lemuel are an insult to de struggle fo Black liberation. Worshiping His Majesty with yo white Ideology does not make yu RASTA. Don't yu know dat His Majesty was not RASTA. RASTA don't follow de religion of His Majesty yet RASTA is inspired by HIM, Garvey & many others who play pivotal roles in de fight against white domination. RASTA was deh evin bfore His Majesty was born. RASTA is not de Jesus Ideology. Why yu realy insulting RASTA. Burn Hemphill & Lemuel

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/7/2015 10:12:40 PM

Every time I see Black heart post, he is Burning or accusing someone of being terribly wrong. This in and of itself is very telling.. I know who I am dealing with but you have no idea about me. My posts do not get read or taken seriously. You are very uncomfortable with the fact that a White man can love Africa and an African King and ALL HE stands for. I follow H.I.M within my own culture. Being very careful not to step on or take anything away from Africans looking to re-establish their identity through Ras Tafari is apparently all-for-not. I will never be seen as a Human being to you people, just a hateful White devil.. Think what you want, I will not bow out from knowing and loving the Grace/Teachings/WORD of H.I.M.

Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/8/2015 12:24:35 AM

I love HIM, I love HUMANITY. I follow HIM, which is why I'm RASTAFARI. THE NAME OF THE PRACTICE ITSSELF IS FROM HAILE SELASSIE I.

Just because I'm white doesnt mean Im racist. Just because Im Afrikanner doesnt mean I support apartheid, YOU are racist against whites for black supremacy!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/8/2015 3:16:22 AM

Hemphill. Yu seh yu love Africa yet yu insult Black people. Does it mean you love it to enslave & colonise it like some of yo ancestors did? Every time I see Lemuel & Hemphill posts I see anti-Black masage. Its like every time yu open yo mouth de spirits of de slave masters speak. Lemuel yu haffe know dat RASTA trod is not yo Afrikaner Resistance Movement (AWB) butt is a Black liberation movement. I didn't know deh some KKK adherents who worship His Majesty but know I know as both of yu show

Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/8/2015 3:18:28 PM

You say Im in KKK?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2015 5:38:57 AM

Done this thread now bredda black heart don't even respond to this guy and his confusion distraction techniques

The White race is hola for you. You made your point. Let's move on and discuss Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I