Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5727&start_row=21

THE FLAG THE LOGO THE BANNER

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/7/2014 6:55:50 PM

^^I jus take d colors but both views I dig yu dig, but if I was to sight my own way and swap colors around I a go green bottom (land)red middle (life), yellow top (sun). But the Ethiopian flag is d Ethiopian flag!

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 7/9/2014 3:37:31 PM

Like a bredren said the flag and dem tings deh are minor, InI have greater rivers to cross,this flag debate is a material thing at the end of the day, a cause of conflict and division between InI, seen, as the I can see its a personal thing just how between InI just as ones see different levels of divinity in HIM,its not conclusive or a one right answer. The I is reasoning on Ghana this way Ethiopia this way but its one Africa,Iman and the I are both in Britain, its not the same flag flown everywhere in Britain, but you don't hear British even bringing up this kind of debate, I don't have to remind the I about what the honourable Marcus Garvey says about how own ownselves are creatinga lot of our own problems, the I don't believe this red up vs green up is not creating unnessecary problems

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2014 3:48:32 PM

I agree

But its not the same flag flown in Britian? You will have to cite dat. I never see dat. Which country ever fight over two different flag dem can't agree? You sight we have bigger things to think about but identity isn't a on the agenda? I think there must be a reasoning why ones want to edit the flag the Emporer used. Not the Ghana flag which is onto I a reminder of the colonial borders imposed onto Africa

The red on top with the lion is one thing

But I sight rasta are standing up next to the red on top with the black star talking about dem a ethiopian. I am proposing that some of the idrin might be working on false assumptions. Knowledge is power

Bless up

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 7/9/2014 5:03:39 PM

The I know the Ghana flag was king Emmanuel's personal banner, before Ghana became independant from the British empire. Could the I explain how it relates to colonialism

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 7/9/2014 5:09:44 PM

There is rastas who say they are Jamaican and Ethiopian at the same time, perhaps when ones raise the Ghana flag it is relating to InI west African heritage, but because of their awareness of HIM etc they say they are Ethiopians first and foremost, this is one continent of Ethiopia so one could see the establishesd countries of Africa as ethiopian regions/states with their own regional flag,

I may not be catching the point then I is trying to make

The I mentioned Identity as being on the agenda, I fully agree with the I but when Iman think of Identity, flag is not even in the the top ten of things that instantly come to mind

If you ask someone, tell me about your identity or what is your identity few would mention flags, still I guess if your relating identity to a nation from an outside perspective but to I internally its of less recognition

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2014 5:12:59 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2014 5:14:17 PM

No. See that flag has a black strip underneath or even sometimes on top. I see where the I coming from. But im talking about the litera ghana flag. Internationally recognised. How does it remind I of colonialism? Because colonialism invented the false Ghana burkino Faso Gold coast borders represented by the flag. We love Ghana. But give I the Ethiopian flag with a reason. The flag of Ethiopia is the only valid flag in Africa (with arguably the Liberian flag)

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/9/2014 7:32:15 PM

It's as if d flag came on d scene just for HIM 5 years after HIM birth to signifiy HIM coming and d last to rule under it for 44 years (esoteric significance) 225 from Solomon (esoterical numerology 2+5=(7)+5=(12)). Star Order of Ethiopia and Ethiopian Missionary to Abyssinia called it the 'Flag of Calvary' thru biblical interpretations as far back as 1917 but in flying d flag lets not forget and leave out Garvey's Red Black Green!

Hotep!

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 7/10/2014 1:47:57 PM

HOLY PROPHET MARCUS I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 7/30/2014 10:41:24 AM

Some RasTafarI people call the colour Red Ites because the colour Red was at the top of the Abyssinian flag formerly and actually originally. Red used to be at the Heights of the national flag of Abyssinia hence the word Ites.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I