Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5727&start_row=1

THE FLAG THE LOGO THE BANNER

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 12:27:35 PM

May or may not have been already brought up but as it stands, the current logo of this website is the Symbol or Flag for GHANA.

I don't think this was the intent. But the Green should be on top and red at the bottom.

Symbols, signs, flags and so on to some people have great significance, and we should try to be correct at all times.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/7/2014 12:35:51 PM

http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&gl=de&client=ms-android-htc-rev&source=android-browser-goto&q=red+yellow+green+jah+forum

EDIT:The first link.
When I post the link itself,it doesn't show the selected reasoning when pasted...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 12:40:29 PM

I see.

Ark I says the flag has changed many times thoughout history and HIM used to refer to 'Red Gold and Green'

I would say the flag has NEVER changed since its inception into a rectangular standard shaoed 'flag' and not three random strips of material. And the colour scheme was green on top at the time of Rule of His Majesty....as it is today

The order in which it is spoken has very little to do with the subject. The fact that since 1957 having Red on top literally means another Country.....

I mean what is wrong with sticking to original founding Rastafari principles? things change and evolve?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 12:43:05 PM

Red on top of Green would make the LION of JUDAH upside down...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 12:43:58 PM

Its Ark I website, but it is representing a movement with an already pre-Ark I defined flag and identity. I dont overstand why we are flying the flag of Ghana on a Rastafari website? (Other than our love for PanAfricanism but that doesn't explain it)

Surely it is the symbol and flag of ETHIOPIA (Especially from the time of 'official' Reign of HIM) that we use to represent our identity. Could have been a picture of an Elephant for all that matters it was OUR flag. What is this?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 12:54:21 PM

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/7/2014 1:02:39 PM

When I first started trodding with other RasTafarI people in the 1990's, that is how many RasTafarI people around I saw the colors, and if they wore the colors, they would put red on top. Some people in the Nyahbinghi even made paintings of the flag with the lion on it and the red on top. This was before I knew about Bobo, but when I eventually started learning about Bobo when it became more globally known, I saw that they always showed the red on top, and then eventually some people I knew started talking about it should be red on top or green on top, before that time, people around I never made an issue about it. All this was several years before I started the website, so when I started the website, I used the red on top.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 1:11:35 PM

Seen.

I overstand the Bobo perspective, And the way we say it "RGG"

But what is the point of this flag? What are we doing? Are we making up our own way and our own identity? Or are we representing the flag of ETHIOPIA, as Ethiopians? I thought it was the latter.....

So now we have the knowledge

Why would we want to change that which Haile Selassie was happy to represent him officially for the time of his Reign? You see whe I coming from? The RGG can be debated but the Green-Gold-Red is undeniable.

Meanwhile...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 1:23:12 PM

Messenger: LijHayile Sent: 7/7/2014 1:56:42 PM

Take note.

The banner of Imperial Ethiopia of Qedamawi Haile Selassie has the Lion of Judah on it.

But, it is not the lion with red eyes, that one looks demonic.

Selah.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 32

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I