Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5409&start_row=1

Taking care of dreads

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fry Davis Sent: 12/17/2013 8:31:47 PM

I've been growing out my dreads for a quite a long time now and I've had a hard time finding hair products to use. Most of these shampoos have conditioner in them which untangles my hair and I was wondering if there a good shampoos to use that won't complicate my dreads.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/20/2013 9:30:40 PM

I man use ganja n aloe to wash I crown so de I can try it. I just take leaves of de male ganja plants I removed from I garden put in a pot with a piece of aloe leaf n water then boil. Let it cool after n use de decotion to wash I crown. De I can even use aloe only still it will do de job. Also yu can try avocado oil if yu dont get aloe or ganja. Take a very ripe avocado mash it n put it in de pot n mix it with water n boil then strain de liquid to remove impurities then get the surface oil. Bless

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/21/2013 3:38:05 AM

Give thanks Black heart

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/25/2013 10:55:34 PM

If the I uses aloe, make sure the I rinses your hair very well, or it will build up in your locks.

Here is a recipe for some hair oil that is very good for the health of your locks.

Healing Hair Oil

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 12/29/2013 2:32:51 PM

There is no problem with using water only.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/29/2013 4:09:10 PM

Although Aloe Vera never harm anyone...

Those shampoos and conditioners will not untangle your natty African hair...... None at all. Just make sure you don't OD on them as residue will build up.

And the lock should tangle / untangle / retangle....

Each fibre will do this naturally through the process of wetting and drying..... It is this what causes the locks to strengthen, naturally. As well as good eating, and a pure heart!

EZ

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 12/29/2013 5:43:28 PM

Garvey's Africa, not everyone has curly or nappy hair. And I and I should use Ital products not non-Ital products. And what is OD?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/29/2013 6:57:08 PM

Yes king. Ital is vital. But shampoo is ok as much as soap / shower gel.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/29/2013 7:10:03 PM

This thread reminds me as a youth with Anthony B and the ras dem of that time who ital livity was a heights..... Them used to burn out aerosol and any form of deodorant!!! Lol...... The end results....... I'm glad B changed his mind on that

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/8/2014 11:32:19 AM

Yes I G.A

The I grow up with Anthony B???Can the I share the musikal life experience of the man

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I