Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3478&start_row=11

How should InI interpret the Ible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 11:48:19 AM

ARK I

I am glad that you posted here with your words. I RASpectfully agree with your comments.

I will no further engage this issue, and hope that all of InI can live as one, as Selassie I would wish for the I's.

Bless you ARK I

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 12:19:17 PM

Eleazar

Are you aware that RAS Paul was speaking to men who were wearing Dreads, but not Nazzeites? Growing of the locks are for Nazzerites, not people who grow their hair in locks, yet act just like those who nornally persecute those wearing locks.

The locks are to be used as a symbol of identity for anyone who decided to take the vow of the Nazzerite to dedicate his or her livity to Jah.

Paul was basicaly telling the men, that if you are not Nazzerites, and eating whatever you like, living how ever you wish to live, carying yourself in any manner you deam riteous, then you should by all means cut your hair.

Personally I would agree with Paul.

You see people wearing locks, and acting ungodly, gives InI a bad name.

Jah Rastafari bless

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 12:41:05 PM

General Nyabinghi,
I agree with what the I said regarding Paul talking to those who had long hair, but that does not mean he was talking to the Nazarites, because Paul would have been familiar with the scriptures and he would have known that the Nazarites wore theirs because it was part of the vow Jah made with them. Paul would be contradicting the same scriptures he used to show the people who Jes-us is, and so I sight that Paul would not have been talking about Nazarites.

Haile I Jah Ras Tafari Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 12:49:16 PM

That is the point I was making, he wasn't talking to Nazzerites. I especially pointed out, that RAS Paul was speaking of those who wear the long dreads, yet do not live the Nazzerite livity. Such as lil' Wayne for example. He has long dreads, yet do not follow the Nazzerite vow.

When people wear their dreads, and act rude in public, and act unseemingly, then Paul was saying, that It would be better to cut the dreads, than to have people mistake you for a Nazzerite. When that happens, it gives Nazzerites such as Iself a bad name.

Keep in mind, that this is not judgement, but my explaining to people where RAS PAul was comming from.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 12:54:27 PM

I agree with the I that that is where Paul was coming from. I and I Nazarites wear locks for a reason. This is I and I covenant, and it is a very serious thing, there is no slackness within Jah covenant.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2009 1:05:19 PM

This is a question for any of the I them. Can the I them point out anything in Paul's reason that makes it evident that he is speaking to people who are not Nazarites? I don't remember seing anything that would suggest that. Or is it that the I them choose to view his words that way?

Here is something I said before regarding Paul's words:
-------------------------------------
When Paul was speaking saying that men shouldn't let their hair grow long, he said

1 Corinthians 11
[16] But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

So he was showing that if a man comes to argue with him about that, it is not a custom of the churches of God. So by this I sight that he was saying that, that was his opinion and not a rule or custom of the church. But if you check his words about locks, in a way he is right by saying long hair is a shame. It is not that I and I who grow our locks should be ashamed(although it seems that Paul himself thinks it is a shame), but the people around us will look at it as a shame. I and I who are locks man experience that regularily by the reaction of some people to I and I Hola Consecration.

When you check the scriptures,

John 1
[45] Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
[46] And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

People went so far from the way Mosed taught them that instead of looking at the Nazarites as Hola people, they look at them as a shame and that nothing good can come from them.

In a wicked world, good is a shame and wickedness is praised.
-------------------------------------

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/21/2009 4:14:48 PM

ARK I

For some reason, probably in the midst of his work at Corinth, Paul took on himself the Nazarite vow. This could only be terminated by his going up to Jerusalem to offer up the hair which till then was to be left uncut. But it seems to have been allowable for persons at a distance to cut the hair, which was to be brought up to Jerusalem, where the ceremony was completed. This Paul did at Cenchrea just before setting out on his voyage into Syria (Acts 18:18).

On another occasion (Acts 21:23-26), at the feast of Pentecost, Paul took on himself again the Nazarite vow.

"The ceremonies involved took a longer time than Paul had at his disposal, but the law permitted a man to share the vow if he could find companions who had gone through the prescribed ceremonies, and who permitted him to join their company. This permission was commonly granted if the new comer paid all the fees required from the whole company (fee to the Levite for cutting the hair and fees for sacrifices), and finished the vow along with the others.

Four Jewish Christians were performing the vow, and would admit Paul to their company, provided he paid their expenses. Paul consented, paid the charges, and when the last seven days of the vow began he went with them to live in the temple, giving the usual notice to the priests that he had joined in regular fashion, was a sharer with the four men, and that his vow would end with theirs.

Nazarites retired to the temple during the last period of seven days, because they could be secure there against any accidental defilement" (Lindsay's Acts).

As to the duration of a Nazarite's vow, every one was left at liberty to fix his own time. There is mention made in Scripture of only three who were Nazarites for life: Samson, Samuel, and John the Baptist (Judg. 13:4,5; 1 Sam. 1:11; Luke 1:15). (See RECHABITES.)

Therefore if Paul himself took on the nazzerite vow from time to time, then why would he tell Nazzerites to cut their hair?

This shows that Paul was not speaking to Nazzerites, but men who were simply growing their hair as if they were Nazzerites.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/21/2009 4:35:05 PM

Ark I, yes I, Ras Tafari.

I just sight this because I just think that Paul being an Israelite would know of the Nazarite vow, and therefore know that some grow their hair because they are Nazarites, and so would be respectful of this vow, as these are ones who seperate themself unto God. And so I don't think that Paul means those who choose to grow it in accordance to one of God's vows, but rather means those who grow it for vanity.

Ises unto the living God Haile Selassie I JAH!
Stay Haile blessed!

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/21/2009 8:35:24 PM

blessed love, general nyabingi, do not feel offended, we all have strong feelings i also had hot post directed at myself.

i felt the yaa words were strong seeing am from the Caribbean,knowing we don't choose our birth, how or where, and that is the story of the world, and the spread of English. no hard feelings strong reasoning

but the post how should i interpret the ible was good, but strayed,
for i am one who believe the bible for what it is knowing His Majesty told ini read it, don't divide it, etc

my problem with what ark said is that who will choose which is of man and that of the Most High? for sure all prophecy is of the Highest, but all stories are important,

even the book of ruth, the only book which don't mention the word God, is relevant.

a prophecy in Daniel which says from the commandment to build and restore Jerusalem. and we find that commandment in esra, etc

and thats why i plead with all to check out 3abn, pmchurch.tv

it helps to overstand scripture, for me i love the prophecy seminars all that can be looked back at is ok but that which speaks pf the second coming, that ini have to fill in for them and ini and i future,

it time ini get serious

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/21/2009 9:17:55 PM

the bible did not say judge not, as to not judge because its wrong, its because we judge and turn to do the same, because sin is sin, and we are critical for one thing and do something else which is equally wrong

Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy (pro 31v9)

also

And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. (isa 11) speaking of His Majesty which is our example

blessed love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I