Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Youthman Sent: 10/9/2007 7:44:55 PMHidden

Ten:
I think you misunderstood me. I don't believe Selassie-I to be Jesus, the Lion or the King of kings in Revelation. Selassie-I is still a Christian example, a Judahite king and he inspires me. He was a help in my journey unto Christ.

Many people on this forum state that Selassie-I is the One in Revelation. At the same time, someone who claim this also said that Selassie-I is not Jesus Christ reincarnated. In my posts I tried to share my thoughts on this statement.

The Lion and King of kings in Revelation is described as the Lamb who was slain.
Rev.5
[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain...
[9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev.6
[1] And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals...
Rev.17
[14] These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings...

The Lamb is Jesus Christ who was slain on the cross as he bore our sins.
John.1
[29] The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

These are rhetorical questions...
If ones believe Selassie-I is Lion and King of kings in Revelation, who also is the Lamb - is he not Jesus then, to you? And if so, shouldn't Selassie-I have reincarnated as Jesus, according to this faith?
Because Jesus incarnated 2000 years ago through Mary. Selassie-I was born as a baby from earthly parents and developed a physical body in his mother's womb. Reincarnate means to 'put on new flesh' eventhough the soul is the same. When I evaluated the claim of ones who say Selassie-I is King of kings in Revelation who is the Lamb, my progressive conclusion was therefore that Selassie-I is Jesus Christ reincarnated to you. It was this that I tried to explain.

The statement that met Selassie-I in the interview was centered around the belief that Selassie-I is Jesus Christ reincarnated. He said he had told certain rastafarians that he is a man, according to the interpreter he also said mortal, and that people should not make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human is emanated from a deity. The EOC's doctrine is that Jesus, as ever-existing Creator, Son and Word of God was brought forth, emanated from a Deity; the Father. I therefore wondered if Selassie-I tried to emphasize that there's a difference in himself.

Hope I explain my reasoning well now.
May Jah guide and protect Us all. Blessings.

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I