Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=971&start_row=11

rasta moving backward?????

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 8/7/2005 1:41:56 PM

3 tings stand out as InI lQQk at this

1) True rasta follow HIM teachings, meaning his meditations on Bible and Christ. That does not make one Christian. I accept Christ but I am not a Christian. I am Jah disciple. I don't recall any scripture where Christ say create a religion and name it after a derivative on my name. We are who we are from creation, not because of manmade labels.

2) Twelve tribe ideology should not be mistaken for religion. If you are a descendent of the twelve disciples, you are an isrealite. That's not religion. That's just who you are. Analogy: Some say born on Amerikkkan soil makes you Amerikkkan. I say, I am a Afrikan Isrealite. (IF A CAT HAD KITTENS IN AN OVEN, WOULD THAT MAKE THEM BISCUITS?)

3) SANKOFA - sometimes you gotta move backward to find out who you are, where you are now, and where you should be.

RSK

Messenger: the rock Sent: 8/7/2005 7:00:36 PM

"We must go back and reclaim our past so we can move forward; so we understand why and how we came to be who we are today."

SEEN!!!

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/8/2005 11:10:54 AM

I see Judeo-Christianity and Eithiopian Christianity in different lights. Just like one would see a black Christ and a white Christ in different lights.
It was HIM words that helped lead I to Christ.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 8/8/2005 11:33:12 PM

InI will follow HIM to Christ, but not to manmade religion full of rituals that play on emotion and imitate spirituality.

True spirituality comes from within, as the spirit itself is internal.

RSK

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I