Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=959&start_row=1

A New Rumor

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/30/2005 5:25:45 PM

When I was at work the other night there is a cuban guy who works close to my department, and he saw a possesion of mine that said Selassie. Well he looked at me and said, "Selassie is a cannabal." At first I didn't really understand, I thought he meant that the Word Selassie meant cannabal in his langauge, but then he says, "No, Haile Selassie was the Emporer, he was a cannabal, just another hitler." I gave hium correction, but then he came out with the old, "Well, Haile Selassie had a golden toliet." What the hell is with this gold toliet thing? Why does everyone talk about this toliet. Do these people not realize how old His Majestys palace is and that the toliet was there before Selassie I was "born"? They act as if HIM put that toliet there. But the reason for the topic title was, I had never heard that Haile Selassie was a cannabal, hahahaha, that is a new one for me. Oh the things people come up with.

Ras Zion

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 7/30/2005 5:56:24 PM

Ises

It depends on what palast that toilet was in, because actually there were palasts built by HIM. But I've never heard about a golden toilet. But if yes, what's the prob? When I n I say JAH come as man, people always expect a Ghandi or someone like that. But a good man is a good man and JAH is JAH. Yuh nah mean? There are many good man but JAH cannot be measured bei human measures. He is higher than man. So how could man dare to say that Jahman must live up to what he expects of a Jahman?

And yes there are different rumours... I didn't know about that one with the cannibal.... but an ethiopian once told me that people said, HIM sacrificed children with mono eyebrows or something like that.... oh what a bullshit.... but isn't it already written that men will talk bad about I n I Messiah?

Selah

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 8/1/2005 1:28:25 PM

GOLDEN TOILET. I NEVER HEARD OF THAT. BUT HIM THE KING OF KINGS. THE KING OF KINGS CAN SIT UPON A GOLDEN TOILET. EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE SIT UP IN THE HIGHEST PALACE, SMOKE THE MARIJUANA OUT OF DE GOLDEN CHALICE.

Messenger: travistheone Sent: 8/2/2005 7:53:43 PM

HIM can have robes of silk and castle of marble but his heart is gold.

Messenger: Lioness_Susan Sent: 8/3/2005 11:25:51 AM

PROPOGANDA !

PROPOGANDA !

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/27/2005 7:56:22 PM

IN the olden days, in Ethiopia there used to be a tradition. when a crime was commited they would brew a drink, maybe with alcohol and a youth would be made to drink it. Then he would stumble around the village in a daze and whoever he happend to point at would be charged with the crime.
Now i know for a fact that Emperor Selassie abolished this custom.
So I man could only laugh when one man came to me and tried to tell me that the King started this custom.

Sad

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I