Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=852&start_row=1

Why isn't pot a drug?

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/29/2005 4:30:18 AM

I have decieded to write a little something about our good friend, the ganja tree, and explain exactly why it is not a drug, for those of you who never had an explaination for what really needs no expalaining anyway. Anyway, pharmacologically it is classified as niether a stimulant or depressant, but as it's own catagory. The only reason that marijuana found its way into the hallucinoegen catagory was because it could produce changes in moods, but, hallucineogens are chemically unrelated to the molecular makeup of marijuana. Plant halluceneogens and hormones manufactured in the brain are both water soluable, both containing nitrogen, they are catagorized as alkaloids. BUT MARIJUANA HAS NO NITROGEN AND ALL OF THE ACTIVE PRICIPLES OCCUR IN A RESINOUS OIL! THEY ARE NOT RELEASED IN WATER!! Not only this but the only reason for the alteration in mental processes with hallucineogens is because of their similarity to brain hormones. The pathways of nueronal messages in the brain change dramatically when they are introduced, but marijuana doesn't do this.

The word drug means a concentration of a substance to its most powerful form. Marijuana has a very complex chemical structure, one of 421 cannabaniod compounds, and therfore definatly doesn't even come close to the marker of being considered a drug.

Not that any of you needed a reason, but its cool to see science prove everything that InI have been saying.

Haile I

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/29/2005 3:37:07 PM

InI agree that marijuana in itself is not a drug.

InI also believe that Jah created it for our use and there is scriptual reference to support this.

What I have never seen in the scriptures is the following:

shortly after harvest, spray it with pesticides (HTH the same drug in raid bugspray), hang it upside down, dry it and then apply fire to it changing its physical state

Idren help a sista out here.

I have used marijuana leaves fresh from plants to tend to wounds and also to embelish salads, I do partake of the herb from time to time

But I have banished the use of chemically altered marijuana from my life because you don't know what the babylonian hell somebody has put in it, and those who process it for sell don't have rasta motive, only babylonian profit in mind. Therefore you may be getting a product processed with ANYTHING!

RSK

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/29/2005 5:11:49 PM

Yes I, it is very important that we know where InI herbs a come from, beca to many of the people dem is poisoning the herbs, so we just haffi be iducated bout the tings we buy. But the I dem know it is best if InI grow the herbs ourselves, for a multitude of reasons. Ca InI are herbsman and herb farmers seen, we grow this plant for the healing of the nations, both mental and physical, seen. But nuff a dem abuse the herbs with them chemical and so forth. The only thing that herbs need some help with that they can lack naturally in nature is magnesium and potassium, which can be found in our fruits and so forth, completly natural and organic.

Blessed Love Sistren

Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 6/2/2005 4:44:19 PM

Someone who used to sell it in the city told me that they would spray raid on it to make it seem more potent.
Rasta people got to link up in networks to get the things I and I need for life, including all material and spiritual goods.
Thanks for the website. That is one good thing for sure.....

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 6/3/2005 12:26:03 PM

IF YOUR SMOKING RAID, YOU WOULD KNOW. MOST LIKELY IF THERE IS RAID ON THE HERB, IT MUST BE VERY LOW GRADE. "SCHWAG" FROM BRICKS FROM MEXICO DIRT WEED. YOU KNOW BY THE SMELL AND THE LOOK. FULL WITH SEEDS BROWNISH AND DRY. THE HIGH IS ONLY A STRESSFUL HEADACHE. IN HIGH GRADE HERB, LIKE "CHRONIC" THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR RAID FOR IT IN ITSELF IS ALREADY POTENT ENOUGH. I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA WHERE THE HIGH GRADE IS MORE ABUNDANT THAN IN ANY OTHER STATE IN THE DISUNITED STATES OF BABYLON. SO IMAN DONT HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH GETTING GOOD HERBS. ONLY JAH HERBS HERE.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/3/2005 3:17:23 PM

Yea, hopefully we all know better than to buy shwag, not good for meditation, good for getting headache.The point is that we should know where all of our everything comes from, whether it be ganja or clothing or food.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I