Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=851&start_row=1

Education for higher

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/28/2005 3:58:17 PM

The other night I was walking home from a local tea house, I was minding I own, getting down on a sandwich, when a two pigs in a surburban roll up. They said, "Well the sheriffs are out training rookies to identify drug users, and you look like the perfect example. So have you been smoking any green dope tonight?" See here in Oregon were I live, pot is decriminalized, or otherwise known as a misdemenor, so i can't get arrested for it, on top of that i didn't have any herbs on me so there goes 9/10's of the law. They kept asking me to come down to the station with them to do some "tests." The hell with that crap. I told them no, and that they were to leave I alone, and I left. Within seconds they found another happless victom to prey upon. This is the type of downpression that we need to fight against. I mean what the hell is this? This my bredren and sistren is one of the main reasons that we need to be in constant efforts to educate ourselves about our rights,bout ganja, and dem tings. We have to be able to stand strong on we feet, so that babylon can't break us. If we don't know that facts how are we to oppose them, besides fighting, which only makes us less free then were to begin. I also think that education in numbers is a key power. We can't keep letting rome break we.

Oh Lord God Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie give InI iron feet, so we can mash down the heathen dem.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/28/2005 7:41:00 PM

RSK just decided within the last week to become a foster mother.

LQQk at who is in foster care!

Now I have two venues to help Idren get free from Babylon.

School shitstem (and I can't wait till they kick me out!) and now foster care shitstem!

Its on and poppin!

The next generation is key. We must not let the generation of schoolaged idren buy into babylon way!

"What profit a man to gain the riches of the world, but lose his soul"

RSK

E D U C A T E AS MANY AS I CAN!

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/28/2005 10:11:13 PM

Bring on the education!

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 5/28/2005 11:49:29 PM

Hail up Ras Sistren Khamyl!! Big UP!!
I work with foster youths and am studying to get a degree in education sis! ... more encouragement.. InI must never forget the youths are the future.

Hail Ras Zion.. making a forward from the situation was wise.. for too long they been using the herb as means to parallel Rasta with delinquent youth...

RasTafarI

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/29/2005 2:21:06 AM

Greets Sisters

I also am going for my teaching credential. Honestly, I just want the youth to look at history...not the textbooks, but the primary sources, and check it for themselves.

Ever read "Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong" by James A. Loewen? Very educational.

Peace and Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/29/2005 3:29:39 PM

Those two publications are on my "booklist" Jeff

Also, the isis papers, countering the conspiracy to destroy black boys, as a man thinketh, behold the pale horse, as well as from niggas to gods I and II, and THE WILLIE LYNCH LETTER

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 5/29/2005 6:02:23 PM

greetings to all

this sis also is in university to obtain a teaching certificate.

education is the key and we MUST educate our youth.

Selassie I
everytime
Sis Irijah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/31/2005 11:40:20 PM

Dreadnut,

It is good that you knew your rights and you stood up for yourself. Don't worry about the downpressors, trod towards Jah and all will be right for you. Jah is I Light and Salvation, whom shall I fear. Jah is the strength of I Life, of whom shall I be afraid.

Khamyl,

Itinue Jah works.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I