Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=826&start_row=1

Ben Harper

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/10/2005 12:38:27 AM

Any one listen to Ben Harper? Heard his new one with the Alabama Blind Boys, 'There Will Be a Light'? Great stuff...gospel/psychedelic rock mix...positive and uplifiting.

Peace
Jeff

Messenger: JahWarrior Sent: 5/10/2005 6:27:00 AM

Yessss... I love the album "Diamonds On The Inside"...okay.......it's the only Ben Harper album I've currently got...but I am going to buy "Fight For Your Mind" and "Burn To Shine" and "Welcome To The Cruel World" and "The Will To Live" ASAP! :-)

Blesses!

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/10/2005 9:47:26 AM

PLEASE get, if you are able, the album with the Alabama Blind Boys...it is a great collection of very soulfilled music. (Can you tell I am really anjoying it?)

Peace and Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: JahWarrior Sent: 5/10/2005 10:32:27 AM

Uhm...I think, I've listened to it in a record shop...uhm...it's typical alabama style, isn't it? I do not really like this alabama blues music...

...maybe...I have to listen to it again....since from time to time I am enjoying the sound of Van Morrison as well...

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/10/2005 3:23:12 PM

Greetings JAH Warrior

Yes, I like the alabama style, as well as the Blue Grass and Okie music as well. The alabama gospel is especially sweet, as I have come to find through this cd I just recently purchased. :-) I like the Okie music because of my own family history and roots, and Woody Guthrie was a good man with good songs. I am not much up for the country music scene, although I like Willy Nelson for a being who he is. Of course I listen to reggae, but I came to see, on my own personal journey, that reggae and Rastafari are different, and so I can appreciate looking into my own roots and being able to listen to other types of music and appreciating it for its own cultural value.

Much Love and Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: JahWarrior Sent: 5/11/2005 2:41:57 AM

Thank you for your detailed reply! ;-)
I am going to listen to it again...and again...and again....It is often this way...I have to listen to an album several times before I really like it. So...time will tell....and of course, it depends on my mood... ;-)

Much Love!
JW

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 5/12/2005 2:14:35 PM

Ben Harper is an amazing musician and person.

I've had some of the most amazing experiences at his concerts and I was blessed to have met him once. He is a really good person and his music reflects that. His music is very inspirational.

Peace.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I