Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=820&start_row=21

People talkin...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/13/2005 11:23:16 AM

to the Rock:

I'm interested in what you can offer on I last query

RSK

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/15/2005 2:16:25 PM

Khamyl,

I feel that the point of what Christ was saying is that we weren't meant to divorce, but that Jah gave that law for us, because we were incapable of living the way Jah has set out.

So after the divorce has come, a person can be with another. But it wasn't meant for the divorce to come in the first place.

People need to take more care when they look for a mate. They need to observe and be honest with themself about the person. They need to find a person that will trod well with them, whose character is compatable. Most don't consider these things when they look for another, so there are a lot of ends to beginnings.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/15/2005 4:47:44 PM

Ark I, seen seen

RSK

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/15/2005 8:03:54 PM

Greetings Ark I

I feel that people need to work harder at the marriages they are in. Too many people nowadays opt for divorce. I am not syaing that if one is abused to stay in the relationship, but many of the little fights couples have they can work through, you know? The people who have been married for 50 years worked at it everyday... it wasn't all a bed of roses. :-) Also, I think many let financial pressures get the best of their marriages...JAH NEVER GIVES US MORE THAN WE CAN BARE AND WE FORGET THAT.

Peace and Blessings
JAH LOVE
Jeff

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/18/2005 11:36:46 AM

Sometimes people take on burdens that Jah never give them to bear, but they take it on themselves because it is something they need to do for their own reasons.
Take this marriage thing, making a vow to do this and that. But the vow was never revealed and Jah say do not make a promise or swear on this and that. Always you should say, "God willing". So when you see a mate that you want to choose and you hope for a lifelong commitment don't make a vow, just say God willing. Then you won't have that big burden of guilt, which was never meant to be yours.
I and I are meant to be free - no rules, no vow we can do it anyhow. When people choose to take on that burden of a promise without saying God willing, then they are not following the way, because the way is about freeness and no bondage.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I