Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=815&start_row=1

Depressing

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 5/4/2005 11:36:07 PM

The most depressing thing to me these days, is that no matter how hard I try to inform my Catholic family of the truth, they only meet me with anger and fight.

I try to let them know, in every way I can, that they are wrong... I tell them about the Pope. I tell them about that they are not even following the Bible. They tell me I am wrong, and have no idea what I am talking about. They also admit they have never read the Bible fully.... They make no sense, and argue pointless things, that have no base in anything. They eat that vile disgusting filth they call "pork", with no care that I have to leave the area when they do. Lately, they seem to like to not give any warning before they contaminate the air with that filth. I tell them that every religion I have ever heard of is not supposed to eat that nastiness, but they think it is ok for some reason.. because "so many people eat it" No matter how I tell them I could show them in the Bible and the Qur'an (not to mention the Torah) several spots where it clearly shows they are wrong.

I guess I am just more or less venting my frusteration with these unreasonable people. They do not make sense, and thier arguments are things like telling me the sky is not blue, or up is down. They can not prove anything, and when I prove something, they just get mad. They try to take cheap shots at my lifestyle.. talking about how we smoke ganja and lock our hair (making it harder to find work) and they say this in a poor attempt to hurt my feelings.. But if I say something like "but you guys eat swine, drink alcohol, abort babies, approve of homosexuality, and your priests get away with molesting chilren" -they look at me like I'm making it all up, or like they dont see the problem with any of it.

They ask me why I respect and "follow" every other religion but Catholicism, when I was raised Catholic... I try to explain, Jah showed me the truth, and I thank Him for it... but they must hear "I just want to make your life dificult) I try for hours to talk some reason into them, only to end up with a sore throat and my whole family mad at me. Problem is, I love them, and maybe it's that love, maybe it's Jah Himself -but something won't let me quit on them.

... I guess that's it, just my rant. No question to ask, or advice to request. I guess nothing can be done, I have to battle uphill, and never reach the top. They will never hear me, and I have to watch them follow the beast away from Jah. No matter how much I scream to them to watch out, they just keep bumbling backwards, like dumb lemmings, following eachother to thier doom.

I feel terrible saying that about my family, but that's how they appear after years of trying to reason.. I am just starting to see that they will match my efforts with resistance.. all the time, acting like idiots, stubborn in thier wrong ways, happy with thier ignorance.

Here's a picture for you: a person walking down a hall saying "dum, dee, dum..." walks right into a wall >WHAM<, backs up, runs into the same wall, backs up, runs into the same wall, backs up, runs into the same wall, backs up, runs into the same wall, backs up, runs into the same wall, backs up, runs into the same , backs up, runs into the same wallwall, backs up, runs into the same wall....

Get me?? That's how they appear to me, no matter how I love them.

Jah Help Them... please

Messenger: Mike Sent: 5/5/2005 2:13:39 AM

Keep doin what you re doin you know the truth,keep it going.Try your best with them,unfortunately not all want a life of Zion.Most people are after babylon.

I had the same problem with my grandparents.They say theyre catholic but they dont know one thing about it.They just think its "proper" because they were raised catholic.My parents are Atheists.They think InI is jokin when InI tell em InI follow Jahs ways now.People will laugh but do what you feel is best.Only way.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/5/2005 6:03:06 AM

My mother still speaks of me in the third person in my presence like a got a tail or something. I iverstand what you going thru.

RSK

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 5/5/2005 12:09:47 PM

Greetings Bredren and sistren,
InI can definitely relate. My grandmother looks down on me cuz I wear my crown and I smoke the sacrement. InI still give thanx in every Iweh becuz Jah really got thru to me. She watches the word network all day every day (a christian network). The teachings they give are from every domination of church you can think of --they conflict. I think she is really just puting on a show for the rest of the family and sitting there confusing her self. She and I just dont agree and many times in the arguements she brings to me she condemns me and literally tries to curse me. She wants me to come down to her level but InI just chant a psalm and hold a meditation because thats what the contrary want. Arguament. Me nah in a dat! The first psalm is what I chant to her in the last confrontation and she suddenly got quiet. Me bredren dont worry yourself time will reveal the truth to those that condemn you. . Judge not lest thee be judged. Keep your crown high above dem. All dem dey! Jah will handle dem.
Holy Emanuel I Sellasie the 1st
Jah Rastafari
give thanks and praise.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/5/2005 12:12:14 PM

Empress what is your take on the sacrament

lately i have not been able to partake and i think there is a spiritual reason

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/5/2005 12:56:06 PM

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

-Matthew 5:10

keep the faith brothers and sisters.
Stay strong!

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 5/5/2005 2:24:15 PM

In reply to my ras sistren,
I havent partaken in about three weeks now. I am currently searching for a new job and of course they are going to want to test to see if I have gotten the "Good News". But um... you say you think there is a spiritual reason...how so? I must confess when I take the holy communion I often concentrate on the word and the word alone --neglecting everything else that has to get done. Im in college right now and all hours of the night when I am up studying the word while under a medi, I sometimes get so enthralled that I leave the school work for a later time. Thats just me. Everyone has there down fall and time management is mine. I cant even think about blaming my lack of time managemnet skills on the herb. I know that the truth is seen with more clarity when the I partakes.
Since we are reasoning, right?, um...do the sistren think that the herb has a different effect on us than our bredren. Truthfully speaking I often become cynical when men ask if I would like to partake with them. However Jah give I alittle iverstanding that every man does not have the same motive but I rather just stay clear even from the thought or chance. One experience with a guy I thought ws a real ras and just a friend has left me on guard ever since. Jah protected me in that situation and I am thankful it resulted in I favor and livity . Now I just burn by myself and continue to give Jah thanks and praise for what he has allowed me to sIght and overcome. Tell me what the I think.
Eternal thanks and praise unto
The MOST HIGH.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/5/2005 2:53:11 PM

Much luv n respect sistren Empress

I sometimes get the feeling that sacrament by myself is okay, or with sistren to meditate and reason but I never partake with bredren

recently, I have felt an inner source guiding me away from the sacrament but it does not feel negative, just that I don't need it

only time i reason with bredren is one on one unless there is a mixed group but mainly when bredren get together and the sistren are present, we reason separately or observe as bredren reason

i have been told by a few outsiders that this sentiment is archaic and is because of low self esteem or a sense of inferiority, but i disagree cuz only I and Jah know how I feel

I have learned the most, when my mouth is closed

in several home gatherings, i felt the spirit of Jah within me; it was peaceful and calm, the bredren partook of the sacrament in another room, the sistren did not

when we convened together, i experienced a clear overstanding of ideas and learned much just from sitting in the reasoning circle with the bredren and their queens

it was a spiritual transformation because I have never experienced such clarity

the more I didn't speak, the more I learned

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 5/5/2005 3:02:30 PM

Ises
A true sistren, a true. Even the wise still learn and increase understanding. Listening rather than constant chatter is very beneficial. InI believe the best advice comes from those who just listen. As far as the sacramnet InI know that I will blaze the fire again but InI respect the direction that you are moving still. seen.
blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/6/2005 2:01:52 AM

Doctor Binghi,

If they can't see Selassie I. Teach them the way to Live.
Encourage righteousness and make them aware of contrary ways, but make them aware at the right time and place, and speak in the right way, or else they will close their ears and not become aware of anything.

If they can't stop eating flesh, then encourage them to include more vegetables in their meals in addition to the flesh that they eat.

Here is a reasoning I posted a while ago:

--------------------------------------
I agree that we shouldn't wait a long time to tell the person that they are dealing with wrong. Sometimes it can be said right away, and the person will hear it. But other times it will go on deaf ears. I don't want to only speak the right, but I want the right to also be heard. If I tell someone that something they did was against Jah, I don't say it for my benefit or to embarrass them, and I don't say it so I can go to Jah and tell Jah that I did my part by telling them. I also don't say it to judge them, but I say it so they can correct theirself and save theirself from judgment.

So one situation I can use to explain what I am saying is that if you are with a group of people and one person speaks or does some wickedness. Sometimes it is necessary to immediately speak. But when it is not necessary to immediately speak, then it is better to take the person aside and tell them the problem, instead of saying it in front of everyone and embarrass the person. In some cases it might be necessary to embarrass the person so that they see it, but other times it will cause them to ignore it and only be vex.

Another situation is this. One time I was with a Bredren of mine. He brought I to his Queen's house and we were reasoning. He had brought I as a mediator between them because they were having a lot of problems. But he didn't tell I until afterwards that he brought I for this purpose. They were speaking and they started arguing, I can't remember exactly what they were arguing about. They then involved I by asking I questions about their argument. I could tell from the spirit of I bredren, that he was confident and thought that I would be on his side in the matter. And I could tell from the spirit of the woman, that she was very defensive, because she perceived that it was two against her.

Both were in the wrong, but I knew that if I spoke about the woman at that time, that she would not listen to a word and would only increase in vexation. So I first spoke about what the bredren dealt with. She started to feel less defensive as I was speaking, because I was speaking of his wrongs. After a little while her confidence rose up higher and I could tell that she was in a better mindset to hear I words. So I spoke about the things that she was dealing with, and she heard I words without any vexation at all.

Afterwards, I told her how I perceived her spirit in the beginning, and that I waited until I perceived that she was able to hear what I said. She looked so surprised and asked I how I knew. I told her that it was Jah.

These are the kind of situations that I am speaking about. I and I are not here to just tell people that they are wrong, Jah has already shown us that a long time ago. I and I are here to turn people away from wrong, unto the righteousness of Jah.

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=416&start_row=1
--------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I