Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=802&start_row=1

Nursery Rhymes

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/30/2005 11:45:47 AM

Most old Nursery Rhymes have some kind of strange mythology or story to them. I am getting more and more interested in this... Of course, with the diversity of backgrounds of the people here, I know some of us will know ones others have never heard of...

Does anyone know of any meanings behind these "traditional" stories people tell thier children?

For example, songs about Santa Clause have parts in them that could terrify a small child in to "being good". A children's story called "Hansel and Gretel", about a brother and sister, kicked out of the house, wondered through the woods, and found a witch. They almost got eaten, but were saved by thier father at the last minute (in some versions, they DO get eaten) This is obviously telling chindren "Don't wander through the woods"

A better, more detailed example of what I mean is in a ..nursery rhyme (or song) which children sing without knowing what they are talking about:

"Ring around the rosie"
"A pocket full of posies"
"Ashes, Ashes"
"We all fall down"

This one is about the Black Death, which killed over 25 million people in the 14th century.

More specifically:

>"Ring around the rosie"
---refers to a small red rash, which is one of the first signs of the disease.
>"A pocket full of posies"
---refers to "masking the scent of death" or for "protection from the disease"; posies were bunches of flowers.
>"Ashes, Ashes"
---I've heard 2 things about this, first being a reference to the ashes falling to the ground from the bodies being cremated; the other being a sneezing sound, another sign of the disease.
>"We all fall down"
---Obviously because everyone was dying...

Creepy -how little children sing this innocently without being afraid of it... I know most urban legends also were created to instill fear, and some are very obvious. I am interested in learning about the lesser known ones. Any contribution would be great.

It's a shame that adults feel the need to lie to and scare thier children in order to "teach" them. This is just centuries of Babylon traditions brainwashing generations of people. Children are just young people, not some other "less intelligent" species that will not be affected by years of lies. Children need to be tought and educated, and that's what adults are for. So rediculous, how adults tell little "white lies" to children -to amuse themselves at the child's expense.....

Blessed Love and Respect
Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/30/2005 12:18:52 PM

one luv and much RASpeckt

your interest in this subject is well founded as socialized conditioning in babylon begins in infancy

nursery rhymes are subliminal brainwasting messages that incode programming

ever notice how those with no religion preference seem to sell-a-brasion hell-a-days that stem from organized religion?

here comes peter cottontail, better get your rabbits, and easter eggs, and pretty clothes (never mind the origins of the helladay or the fact that you aint talked to Jah since last ester)

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/3/2005 2:18:19 AM

Bob Marley and the Wailers have an old song call "Brainwashing"

They sing about some of the foolish nursery rhymes.

Babylon is teaching the children confusion.

Jah sees and knows the wickedness they do.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 5/3/2005 2:47:16 PM

...You can't blame the youths when they get bad...
Teachin youths to learn in school, like the dish ran away with the spoon...Teachin youths to learn in school, like the cow jump over the moon.
So you can't blame the youths, not at all...
An dem wonder why the schoolchildren na have basic skills for life? Dem wonder why the children cannot think for themselves?

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 5/5/2005 2:37:37 PM

Along with the nursery rhymes the most of the "Fairy Tales" that they read in Daycare and kindergardten were originally Grimm tales. Dark horrifying stories. Things are just so backwards.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I