Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=799&start_row=1

A Bird

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/27/2005 11:21:13 PM

One morning, when I was living with a beloved bredren of mine, I woke up and went about my morning.... at least at first. I was getting ready to take a shower or something, but he called me to come in his room. I went in, and there was this huge bird just standing there, looking around. Mind you, we live in a city... pidgeons are common, but not much else (for BIG birds).

I am no bird expert, but judging by the shape of the beak and the talons, and it's color, we thought it must be a preditor.. more specifically, we thought it was a hawk. This bird had been in his room all night, and didn't bother anyone, so we decided this bird must be there for a reason. So we lit a spliff, and reasoned about it... We approached the bird to offer it some smoke, and to our surprise, the bird did not run, but turned toward us, and approached us. The bird was mellow and relaxed, not at all like it was injured or stunned though. The three of us, I, my bredren, and our brother-bird, -enjoyed a nice spliff together.

Eventually, we left the room, but left the window open, so our friend could leave freely when it was finished with whatever it came for. Later, we went in there, and found the bird had left. There was a little mess, but from the spots the bird left, we could tell without any doubt, that the bird was trying to leave (but didn't get out in time) if you know what I mean... He had to "go" and tried to get out of the house first.....

Sinse then, we have wondered about the reason and meaning for this. There must be a purpose to it, nothing like that just happens. Why would this bird find it's way into a house where 2 Ras live? Why would it stay quietly all night, and just hang out there in the morning, making no attempt to hide or fly away.

We asked a woman who is knowledgable about cultural things (be them African, Native American, etc..) and she told us there was definitely a reason.. It might have been a sign of a cleasing in our lives, or the bird could have felt Jah vibe from the house, and came in to clense itself... It could, according to her, also symbolise a new beginning.

Is there anything anyone knows, that might shed some light on this?

I just realized how many positive "unusual" experiences I have had with animals. I give thanks to Almighty Jah for the vision to see the Natural Mystic He created for us. I give thanks for His calling me to RasTafari, because if not a Ras, I would never have known any of this. I would be just another machine in Babylon's "matrix". I give thanks to JahJah for the overstanding to know all this has purpose... nothing just happens "coincidentally"... All Thanks and Glory to The Most High Living God, Haile Selassie I, JAH RasTafari.

Nuff Respect and Love. -Inity

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/28/2005 1:03:05 AM

I man gonna tell you a story. I have been going through certain experiances in my life that have brought me to a place that harmony is a must and all things seem to be in balance. Let me explain.

InI come to fight against spiritual wickedness in high and low places. So as that I learn from any one at any given time. Not just the good but also the "bad". Ive been on a spiritual journey latley, and a test of wits of self, I would call it. I wrote a poem about it called chess, but anyway, I go to this place called clam beach and run and also near my house hammond trail these places have high energy to me, also there is a place called Samoa and Patricks point in this area for me I was able to transend the mumbleing and bumbling backwards troting of man and talk to some spirits inside animals and insects, to the wind blowing ontop of a tree..... yes I be smokin that humboldt county so it just takes me to that more humble place... anyhow... If you multipied 144 times infinity thats the energy that I have felt in the last 4 days and the works have just begun

Peace to all and all to peace.

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/28/2005 10:28:07 PM

Yes, Idren.

Blessed story. I am left wondering, has the I ever read the book "The Celestine Prophesy"? If not, please do, you will enjoy it.

I am a perpetual learner, and am just now starting to see exactly how "connected" everything is. I knew this, but now I am starting to feel this. And I know I and I have plenty still to learn

Nuff respect
Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/3/2005 1:30:01 AM

That is Irie that the hawk was in the room. If the Spirit comes to I to give a reason for the experience, I'll write again. Give thanks to Jah for Jah Blessings.

Rock, Itinue to rise in your spiritual journey.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I