Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=794&start_row=1

A Popes Prophesy

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/26/2005 9:16:55 PM

Modern communication technology has helped make the Pope’s death an unparalleled event. The entire world has literally come together to praise this one man. I find that many sense that there will be some important and climactic consequences to follow the death of this Pope.

As I studied the many Bible prophecies of the Last Days, I found a most unusual extra-Biblical prophecy made by an Irish Catholic Bishop in the 12th Century. His name is St. Malachy. According to his biographer St. Bernard of Clairvaux, in his book Life of Saint Malachy, St. Malachy was known to have the gift of prophesy and even predicted the exact day and hour of his own death. St. Malachy was canonized in 1190 by Pope Clement III.

According to his biographer, St. Malachy was visiting Rome in 1139 when he went into a trance and received a vision. Malachy wrote down this extraordinary vision in which he claims to have foreseen all of the Popes from the death of Innocent II until the destruction of the Church and the Return of Christ. He named exactly 112 Popes from that time until the end.

St. Malachy wrote a few prophetically descriptive words in Latin about each one of the Popes. He then gave the manuscript to Pope Innocent II and it was deposited in the Vatican Archives where it was forgotten for several centuries. Then in 1590, it was rediscovered and published.

The interesting thing is that scholars have matched the brief 110 descriptive predictions with each of the 110 Popes and anti-Popes that there have been since Innocent II. Though they are a bit obscure, they have fit the general profile of each of the Popes.

Now these are in no way the same kind of predictions we find in the Bible. But they do have certain relevance.

Here are a few examples:

Pope No. 108 – Paul VI (1968-78). The prophecy for the 108th Pope was, “Flos Florum”, which means ‘Flower of Flowers’. Paul VI’s coat of arms contained three fleurs-de-lis (Isis blossoms).

Pope No. 109 – John Paul I (1978). The prophecy for 109th Pope was “De Medietate Lunae”, which means ‘the Half Moon’. John Paul I was born in the diocese of Belluno (beautiful moon) and was baptized Albino Luciani (white light). He became Pope when there was a half moon (August 26, 1978). He died the next month right after an eclipse of the moon.

Pope No. 110 – John Paul II (1978-2005). The prophecy for the 110th Pope was “De Labore Solis”, which means ‘from the labor of the sun.’ John Paul II was born during an eclipse of the sun on May 8, 1920. As the sun rises out of the East, so he came to the Vatican from the east. Wherever on the earth the sun shines, he visited.

Now, if St. Malachy is accurate, there will be only two more Popes before the end of this world, as we know it and the 2nd Coming of Christ. I do know that the whole prophetic scenario of signs that Jesus Christ and the Prophets predicted would come together just before His return are now in view. So what St. Malachy predicted is certainly occurring in the right time frame. Pope John Paul II was aware of these prophecies and at least once referred to them with concern.

According to St. Malachy, there will only be two more Popes.

The prophecy concerning the 111th Pope says of him, “Gloria Olivae”, which means ‘the glory of the Olive’. An article on this in NewsMax says of him, “The meaning of the olive is unclear. The Order of Saint Benedict – not St. Malachy – has claimed that this pope will come from its ranks and Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its final fight against evil.” This could be a satanic counterfeit of a prophecy from God wherein this Pope will appear to be good, but lead his Church into the final predicted deception.

The olive tree is frequently a symbol for the Israelites in the Bible. Could this mean that this Pope will be an Israelite who will be seen as the glory of his people? It bears watching as to who will be this Pope. Cardinal Lustiger of Paris is a converted Jew and he is in the running for being the next Pope.

But it is the prophecy of the 112th and last Pope that is most fascinating. St. Malachy predicts, “In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign ‘Petrus Romanus’ (Peter the Roman), who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people.”

If any of this is true, then I suspect that the 111th Pope will not live very long. We are just too close to the final events before Christ’s return for him to reign for a long period.

The most important part of St. Malachy’s prophecies has to do with the events he foresees happening during the papacy of “Peter the Roman.” He foresees great tribulations during his reign, ending with the destruction of the Church and Rome. This is will be done by a dreadful judge who will then judge the world.

In Daniel’s great prophecy concerning the 70 Sabbatical Years allotted to Israel to finish the purpose for which God created them, it predicts something that fits right in with St. Malachy’s prophecy concerning ‘Peter the Roman.’

Daniel predicted the exact day that Israel’s Messiah would be declared Prince and heir apparent to King David’s throne. It was 69 sabbatical years from the date Artaxerxes Longimanus of Persia gave the exiled Jews permission to rebuild Jerusalem. (see Nehemiah 2:1-8 where this permission was granted.)

Exactly 69 Sabbatical years of 360 days [or 173,880 days] later, Jesus was proclaimed the Son of David and Messiah. As predicted, He was rejected and had nothing. Then within a week after that, He was put to death.

Daniel predicted, “Know therefore and understand, that FROM the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem UNTIL Messiah the Prince, there shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times. And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off [put to death], but not for Himself; and the people of THE PRINCE WHO IS TO COME shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined.”

Note that after the end of the 69th Sabbatical year, but before the beginning of the 70th sabbatical year, two very important historical events would occur. First, Messiah would be put to death, but not for Himself. Jesus was crucified within a week of His official presentation as Messiah.

Second, the people of the prince WHO IS YET TO COME would destroy the city of Jerusalem and its Temple. The Roman Tenth Legion destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in AD70.

Now one last and extremely important detail. The “Prince who is to come” will be of the same people that destroyed Jerusalem in AD70. They were Romans. So the coming Prince, who is the Antichrist, must be a Roman. Now do you understand why I am so fascinated by St. Malachy’s prophecy concerning the last Pope who will be called, “Peter the Roman.”

Revelation chapter seventeen details the final judgment of the Mystical woman symbolically named Babylon the great. John the Apostle identifies the woman, “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits ...” and “And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.” (Revelation 17:9, 18 NKJ) When John wrote this, there was only one city that reigned over the kings of the earth – ROME, which sits on seven hills.

The coming Popes will seize upon the popularity created by John Paul II with the secular world. With the help of the media, it is easy to foresee how “Peter the Roman” will be able to mesmerize the world to follow his counterfeit of Christ.

It is time to make sure where you stand with God.

My mother sent me this today. I wan't to make sure that the I's got a chance to read it and develop your thoughts on the subject.

HAILE SELASSIE I
RAS ZION I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/3/2005 12:12:47 AM

All of Jah children must turn to I and I father and be One, as Jah is One. This is the only thing that can save I and I in these times.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/3/2005 9:55:46 AM

Order my steps in your word dear Jah
Lead me guide me every day
Send your annointing, Father I pray
Order my steps in your word

I want to walk worthy, my calling to fulfill
If you order my steps, I'll do your blessed will
The world is everchanging but JAH IS STILL THE SAME

IDREN MUST ALLOW JAH TO ORDER OUR STEPS AND ITINUE TO PRAISE HIS NAME!

RSK

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/25/2007 5:04:43 PM

I hope no one has forgotten this 2 year old thread.Read the first post andread it grim.

Saint benedict.
The new pope is benedict the 16th.
So,judging by his age,we have anywhwere between 3-5 years.
Peace out

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/25/2007 5:06:39 PM

But on the positive side,as nayone got any theories that the end of the world will be a happy,nice time? please?! Just trying to calm the bruthas

Messenger: inajahlove Sent: 3/25/2007 10:58:02 PM

calming.... so, the return of Christ "Love" and new thought forms, perhaps that of the end of linear time? I have thoughts that the Mayan prophecies and others show a leap of consciousness into alternate reality... perhaps some bedlam in between as the Babylonian collapse ensues, but if time is non-linear and we then see that life is truly multi-dimensional and that we co-exist with the energy forms (spirit world/ancestors) that we do not need the false illusion of the watch and all that Babylon encompasses, then we are truly free.

Perhaps there are many who would find this shift uncomfortable and would choose to perish from the body form/matter and vibrate at a different frequency.

Perhaps the 'Return of Christ' is the consciousness? The Love consciousness? Just another way to perceive it.

Surely the denegration of integrity must be the hell we live in now.

beautiful blessings in the name of the Most High,

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/26/2007 8:42:02 AM

it is good to see that atleast some of the idem do not confuse their minds on the real identity of the antichrist
Yes ini have to make sure we know where ini stand
To I it is a very simple thing
on one hand you have one Man, Original creation Black, saying He is the King Of Kings Lord Of Lords Light Of this World, Living, in the Flesh.
On the other, you have another man saying, to say it honestly, your God is dead, so I will occupy his place here on earth, and you can come to my church every sunday and eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Where do you stand
As the Bobo idren say R over X

All my life i had thought, the "end" is in some far away distance that i would never see...but now i am convinced that it could well come in our generation.
So rejoice Jah children and dont you fret, hold on to your faith
Look towards Zion and not for the things of this world. Ini Father done overcome the world already. The only ones who will suffer in the coming gideon are those who are still attached to the things of the world
Prepare thyself....it wont be easy

Rastafari Is

Messenger: MessenJAHofGod Sent: 3/26/2007 1:05:09 PM

Yeah what i meant was this may cause panic with some people so i thought of what i saw on a christian site wonce which beautifully explained the book of revelation happening in a peacfeul joyous way.
Trust me,Id pick it over fire and brimstone aye bruthas?

Messenger: inajahlove Sent: 3/26/2007 10:23:19 PM

Babylon is a 'fear-based' propaganda. Even the Baptist environments are changing. We no longer accept those notions.

We must trust the vibes and not "buy" into the shitsstym. Only easier for the U to control the herd.

Unity means that WE ALL promote and resonate on ONE REALITY, ONE LOVE and limit the judgment to being out of our realm, focus on the bright future of new beginning "love-based partnership model" with our environment, brethren and sistren. The dominator model is what is eroding and that scares no matter what; only an illusion.

chant down.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I