Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=778&start_row=1

when is the last time??

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/19/2005 7:47:58 AM

Greetings to all i idren in the Mansions in House of the Most High Jah Selassie the First and Last

i man have a question for any of the I dem who either knows or has got access to books with the necessary info

When ( if ever ) was the the last time in world history when a King and a Queen were crowned together at the same time??

i Give thanx for thy aid
Praise to i King
inna i going out and i coming in
bless

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/19/2005 11:34:35 AM

Ises

I do not care much about other monarchies, but the Ethiopian, and in the Ethiopian this never happened in recorded history until 1930.

Selah

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/20/2005 7:54:03 AM

His Majesty and Her Majesty were crowned at the same time ?
this is new to I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/21/2005 1:07:17 AM

Yes I,

Selassie I changed the tradition, it was centuries old. RasTafarI arranged for the Empress to be Coronated the same day as HIM.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/21/2005 9:47:16 AM

Yes I
I Give thanks for the answers although its not what i was really looking for.
I already know about i African culture and history. I was just wondering if Ethiopia's King Alpha and Queen Omega's simultaneous
Crownation was the fist ever or if something similiar has ever happened before in other parts of the world.
I man dont have much access to books at this moment in time so i would appriciLove it if any of the I dem can shine some light for i.

Blessed Love
Children of Jah
Rastafari

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 4/21/2005 6:16:15 PM

Bredren Ras KebreAB-
From mi overstanding, this was the first and only time. Bredda, ya think dem Europeans would ever do something like that for their queen?
I suppose a simultaneous coronation could happen in other cultures, but like Nyah Japhet Anabassa I seh, it was not recorded. I highly doubt European countries would do that though.

peace braa,
~sis Legacy

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/22/2005 10:04:05 AM

Yes Sis Legacy

its true my sista, i wouldnt think that those europeans would really do that for their queen, they probably would rather have their queen`s executed, remember Henry,the eight? ( who, by the way, was given the title "defender of the faith" by the pope. Fyah BlAZE PON DEM)
the only reason iman asked is that Rastafari has taught i that it is always better to know than to believe or to assume.

One Love to all

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/2/2005 9:36:07 PM

I don't know if it was done before, although it wouldn't surprise I if it has happened. Not all cultures of history thought of women as low, some saw the women as high.

If you do some searching on the internet, you will probably find at least some information about that.

Also, most public libraries have an inter-library loan system where you can request books from other public libraries free of charge. They should have some way of searching for books in all their libraries, maybe on a computer in the library. Ask about it at your public library. I don't know for sure if it is called inter-library loan, but I think it is something like that.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I