Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7778&start_row=1

Casual-new life

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alabaster ointmnt Sent: 12/9/2022 6:28:29 PM

is there anything that’s says a wombman , rastawombman should not use a s p e r m donor

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/11/2022 9:48:52 AM

Meditation

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/28/2023 6:11:37 PM

Greeting Empress, welcome to the forum, as a sister I am always pleased to see more female involvement here.

This is an interesting question and I am wondering where does it come from. Is it a personal inclination to get pregnant without a father involved, it is coming from your own Kingman having a problem with his sperm, etc. I iverstand those are personal questions and not necessarily looking for an answer but just trying to point out there are many reasons why someone would consider the use of a sperm donor.

It's a personal choice, in general I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I've seen people accidentally get pregnant from terrible guys and they have a beautiful baby but the guy has got to go (one instance he went to prison for pedophilia JUST before my friend found out she was pregnant). This is not much different than medically using a sperm donor except they check the man and make sure he is healthy, his sperm is healthy, etc. I have also seen friends use a sperm donor in medical terms for various reasons and result in a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby. Over all I say More Life, if a child is born as a result I have to give thankhs and Ises to the Most High and the Giver of Life for that little miracle being born.

Garveys Afrika I always love the I simple one-liner responses, I love how the I put things very simply sometimes whereas I always seem to need a lot of words to get my idea across. Yet I wonder if the I can expound on that answer at all.

Rastafari eternal Oneness brothers n sisters
Selah

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/30/2023 10:27:02 AM

Imho there's nothing wrong with it.

And for anyone who is looking for a biblical perspective of the morality of this, consider the story of Onan.

Hebrew culture during those times dictated that if your husband died before he was able to give you a baby, his brother would have an obligation to give seed on his behalf.

Genesis 38:8
And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

This donation also included marriage but that's because the woman was a widow and (in those days) needed a man to take care of her. It was considered the responsibility of the family to do.

Onan's sin is often misinterpreted, mainly by the Catholic church, as the sin of masturbation. But this isn't true. Onan did spill his seed in verse 9 but it wasn't masturbation. He had sex with her and pulled out before he ejaculated. So his sin was deceiving her because if he knew it should not be his baby then he shouldn't have had sex with her at all.

This caused her to pretend to be a prostitute in order to get pregnant by Judah, her father-in-law. And really the shame was on Judah and his family for not fulfilling their obligation to her.

Is this exactly the same situation? It depends on your situation. If there is a man involved that cannot have children then that's closer. But even if there is no man involved, there is still at least the precedent of sperm donation all the way back in Genesis.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/31/2023 10:39:15 PM

Before answering the question I want to know also what the I think about the reverse and a conscious Rastafari male donating his seed to be (obviously) raised completely independent to him.

As conscious family TRINITY based Rastafari is this something we should openly accept?

I would only hope answers are consistent from both the male and female perspectives

Also, has anyone considered how the transference of energies may play into this? If this seed came from a devil by nature type of individual, the seed of a rapist or miurderer, slavemasers seed even; if you knew of this to be true would this affect your decision? If so, how can you advocate for an unknown donor?

Blessed Love
From a Rastafari male early 30s with no children desolate in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah refusing to ‘settle’ for a pillar of salt but who also puts great significance on the ancestral bloodline. Biblical dilemma of virtue

Rastafari

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/1/2023 11:53:54 AM

That's a great question. I think as a good hearted and healthy man if a Rastaman donates his sperm, it is going to a good cause, to help a woman or a family who is trying to have a baby, and that is a beautiful thing. Just like getting a sperm donation, giving sperm has got to be a deeply personal choice, and I have no judgement for someone who makes that choice for the right reason - bringing life.

There are some men who donate sperm just for money and that's an interesting trade to me, I can't imagine doing that or on my side as a womban doing egg donation just for money which yes some women do that also. But if it's a choice of giving of their own body, whether egg or sperm, for the conscious purpose of helping another family, I think that's beautiful.

As someone who has struggled a lot with fertility issues I think I'm keenly aware of how difficult that struggle is for people, and if I were to need it I would be extremely thankhful for the sperm of a righteous Rasta man even more so than coming from some non-conscious, some babylonian man. Thankhfully my Kingman sperm is not the problem with us, but if it was, what better choice than the sperm from someone who is similar to him?

My Kingman comes from a father who just breed his mom and left. He has had very little involvement with his father, ever. Yet my King is truly the most sincere and kind person Inhave ever known. His mother raised him to be this person. And he has even told me, he used to tell his mama, she is both mother and father to him. She did all of the nurturing as well as all of the discipline. And he turned out amazing. So I think yes the mother, father, and child together is the ideal but it can still turn out great if there is a single parent.

I myself come from a father with generational issues of anger, violence, post traumatic stress from serving in wars, and my father was far from a perfect man. Even my mother's side has issues with eating disorders bad, almost all of them struggle with that. So I myself am coming from two genetic lines of real issues. Yet I've been able to overcome that. I have been able to break generational curses. Even the problems of child molestation that my family has had and they inflicted on me, I have been the one to break that cycle of abuse, to heal myself and to make sure the future generations are saved from that. So do I think there is possibility of innate evil being passed on through genetics, or even innate personality disorders, yes I do because I have seen it happen - but I think we as individuals always hold the power to overcome that because I have been able to do it.

Sperm donors are not random unknown people, either. They have a psychological profile, a health and family history profile, photos and other information such as their educational and occupational background. When a woman or a couple goes in to select a sperm donor, they can choose the one they want based on all of those factors. So it's not just an unknown donor. It's a carefully chosen donor. And often times even more so than the way a lot of women choose their mate - based on how many drinks he bought her or based off his washboard abs or some other surface level thing like this, and often times a woman is pregnant before she even truly knows who her mate is and she has to find out later ooops this was the wrong person. I think if a woman or a couple has gotten to the point of selecting a sperm donor, she/they are probably approaching this after a long line of other options which did not work out, she/they are probably taking this process very seriously and choosing carefully the sperm which they will use. And not taking it lightly. And probably have a lot of heartbreak over losses or pain over wishes not coming true for such a long time. I have compassion for them and I wish for them to find sperm donors of quality, and to be able to finally have that dream of a family come true.

Fertility issues are becoming more and more common both on female and male sides. If a man is healthy and makes high quality sperm and he has come to a point in himself where he wants to help others have a family, I know many people would be so thankhful for that decision.

More Life, always, I am on the side of more Life. Because being alive is a chance for our souls to learn lessons they would otherwise not have access to in a non-incarnate state of being. So I am on the side of those souls getting their chance to come and experience physicality and learn their valuable lessons from this experience. Just as we are doing.

Garvey I, I Raspect the I choice still to be careful about who to have children with, and to approach that subject with serious meditation. That's a great thing and shows great wisemind. I hope for the I that the right womban will come along and the I will have that experience of fatherhood in the way that the I want it.

More Life, more fertility, more babies, More Life.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/1/2023 12:00:00 PM

IPX Ninja that is such an interesting take on it, one that I would have never thought about. The ancient practice of sperm donation. It's always interesting to interpret the bible and other ancient texts from modern perspectives. Thankhs so much for sharing that interpretation.

Even in that time the emphasis was on creating children, that the widow should still have a chance to be a mother. That's beautiful.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I