Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=766&start_row=1

Ras Crown

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 4/9/2005 1:29:34 AM

Greetings,
On my search for truth and knowledge, I have encountered many obstacles. I would like to know who wears the Ras Crown and their reasons for wearing it. Peace.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corin. 4:18

Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/9/2005 2:15:17 AM

Here are some reasonings that will show how I see locks

---------------------
The only requirement Jah has for his people is to live by his direction. So whether a man or woman have locks or not doesn't matter, because their faith and livity is who they are.

But for those that have it in them to grow their locks, then the locks must grow. I have been trodding as RasTafarI for 12 years, and I have been growing I locks for over 8 years. I have no intention or desire to ever cut I locks, I locks is a body part to I now, so I won't cut it.

But as I said, I and I only requirement is to live for Jah. But one thing that I do feel, is that when a person completely accepts theirself as Jah has created them, then they will grow their locks. There are a few different reasons I grow I locks, one of them is because this is how Jah created I and I. So as I sight it, Jah created I and I this way because this is how I and I are to be, and I accept Jah creation.

My mother used to bother I all the time about I locks, she still makes little comments now and then. After I was growing I locks for a few years, she asked I to go to the priest in her church. My family is Serbian Christian Orthodox, but in the city where we lived, the only Orthodox church was a greek Orthodox. So one day I saw the priest in a cafe, and after I spoke to him and explained why I was growing I locks, there was nothing he could say.

My mother then wanted I to contact a Serbian Orthodox priest in Toronto. So I went to the church and explained to the priest I livity, and why I grow I locks. He asked I a few questions, and I had an answer to all of them. He laughed and said "you have an answer to every question"

He then said to I "You could live good and keep your faith in your heart, without growing your hair like that."

I replied to him and said, "What is on the inside must come out"

He just smiled and their was nothing else he could say to I about it.

wearing dread locks

---------------------

---------------------
I see locks as the way Jah created us, so I accept Jah Creation.

I also see that locks have a purpose, and that is why they grow the way they do. I and I can pick up vibrations with our Locks, they are like antenna.
---------------------

----------------------------------
I and I locks are used to enhance some of I and I senses. Locks are receptors to help I and I communicate with Jah, the elements and all of Creation. I and I can communicate spiritually without Locks, but with Locks I and I are more receptive to these senses. The cat's whiskers are there for a reason and if the whiskers are cut, certain senses would be weakened. I and I locks are also their for a reason, and when we cut them we disturb their use and purpose. The True Locks man knows of this. We not only know, but I and I experience it.

That is why the Nazarites, the holy Ones, were told to let their locks grow as Jah created them, so they can perform their works.

Many who grow their locks don't exercise these senses, so their locks are vanity to them. But locks have a purpose for RasTafarI people in these times.

Being Dread inside without being outside
---------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/9/2005 5:27:40 AM

Ises Iyah

Well, to me the Locks are the sign of the Nazarite who is the true and natural man as he was supposed by JAH in eden. To me Nazarite Livity is not just old as Num6 and Moses or Samson, it is as old as man, and back to roots means to be Nazarite.
Nazarite is hebrew and means that you make yourself hola and seperate yourself for JAH. JAH says, if an israelite want to do something SPECIAL for HIM he shall live the Nazarite. So as I n I know I n I are the 144000 spiritual descendants of Ancient Israelites. I n I is a special Israelites for this is a special Iwah, Revelationtime. So it is said that I n I not just normal Israelites but Kings and Prophets, so we are SPECIAL Israelites and so we must live like JAH shows an israelite shall live doing something SPECIAL for JAH.
When you sight the aspects of the Nazarite Livity you'll see that is is the most ancient and natural rootical way to live. This is Adamlivity. Adam must be the first example for all man, as he IS THE MAN(Adam=Human). So Adam lived how JAH supposed him to live, this is Nazarite Livity!

Selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/9/2005 8:23:49 AM

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corin. 4:18"

Rastafari, in this time is adam,from the begining to the end.Adam to adam.

Messenger: I'n'I mloyi Sent: 4/16/2005 12:38:08 PM

But dem seh, we nuh from the house of aaron, we nuh nazarines.
Tell dem to check where samson, samweul, daniel come from inna de i-ble.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/17/2005 5:26:28 AM

Nazarite was and is a way for all Israelites, not just Levites!

Selah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/17/2005 12:52:39 PM

Greetings

Many cultures and religions have mystical traditions that include the wearing of Locks...Tibetan Buddhists, West African Muslims, Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Indian Sadhus. Also there are many that just like the natural livity of the Locks. Obstacles will come your way, but just keep true to yourself.

As a side note: the first Rastas in Jamaica wore only beard and had trimmed hair, so Locks does not equal Rastafari.

JAH BLESS
Jeff

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/20/2005 10:54:52 AM

Blessed Reasoning.

I and I like the way all of it was put. Ark I also put into words most of my own thoughts on this also. Everything that grows has a reason to grow, or it would not grow. Why do our eyelashes (and eyebrows) only grow so long? (maybe there is no reason for them to continue growing?) Now, our finger (and toe) nails grow, but with use of our hands and feet, they would wear down and break eventually, so to keep them clipped is just preventing painful breaks ..not to mention good hygiene. There really is not reason to cut a part of yourself off, other than vanity.. Why do people cut certain dogs' tails and ears? --Only to make the dog "look better" (which does NOT actually look better.) --Same thing.. people trim and comb out thier naturally occuring locks, which makes it funny that these days people do not know how to grow locks (It's like getting cut, then "not knowing" how to "make the cut heal")

Yes, Locks are just natural, and if I and I go bald, and am left with only 5 or so hairs on my head, they will be ...1 tiny little dreadlock.

Blessed Love and Respect.
Selassie I

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I