Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7619&start_row=61

Christians

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/12/2022 6:51:42 PM

Do you recognize a Ras from what they have on their bookshelf?

No, I reconize them by the book of life they are....the book of life they are speaking, living, writing.... vibing, yes I.

Messenger: Ras Richard 2022-51 Sent: 9/16/2022 1:30:39 AM

thx for the reply, i'm here to learn. i'm an amerirican in texas. i don't speak patois. bless up

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/19/2022 5:39:55 PM

@seestem

I appreciated your post. And in my heart, I believe you are right. Not only that... there is the literal word on one hand and the spiritual word on the other. You came with the spiritual insight that really trumps all. That is what it's all about and anyone with like spirit can resonate with what you said.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/19/2022 5:49:49 PM

@jessep86

What I said wasn't an attack on any persons claiming to be Christians. For most black people that was our gateway/invitation into the bible. We didn't really have much choice. Now, as you said, we living in the Information Age, so now we can see where Christianity came from and... here is the important thing... question the parts of it that deserve to be questioned; the parts that do not line up with scripture, line upon line, or precept upon precept. I make the distinction of Christianity not being biblical in and of itself because that is a part of history and it's important. When that history is not known people make the mistake of automatically assuming that Yeshua (Jesus) himself was the founder. And so they follow a man-made church doing what man tells them to do and over time this authority of "the church" grows and grows until it can use its own authority to reverse engineer the bible.

So I recognize the "seeds of truth" you were saying. And in fact, I would not know these extra things if I didn't have that Christian experience myself and didn't get the feeling that certain things were wrong (false doctrine). If you follow Yeshua, that's good. That's not bad. I would only say use that power of the internet to gain a clear picture of who he was and was not. Not saying you personally. Everyone is at different levels of knowledge and different levels of truth. There's nothing wrong with where anyone happens to be right now as long as they're moving forward on their path.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/19/2022 5:51:07 PM

@Ras Richard

lol out of respect and admiration for patois, I also don't speak patois.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/20/2022 11:56:41 AM

Once u fully embrace Almighty then u get into deep iditations about who Almighty is then u will know dat u must not mix yo Rasta trod with christianity. De Lord God Almighty shall reign for ever.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 9/24/2022 1:58:43 PM

Rastafari is Rastafari.
Christian is Christian.
Jew is Jew and Islam is Islam.

different things not the same.
we not missionary but
we have our own missions.

we dont wana recruit at all.

we dont say this and do that.

people become attracted to the truth and honesty, the pureness of ital livity and then come in from the cold of illusions bcus them see the strength and peace we hold.
then, if they can be true to self and know, they might see the half never told to them in school and church and temple and Mosque.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 67

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I