Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7605&start_row=1

Working in babywrong

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 11/26/2021 8:26:37 AM

greetings and isis.For those of us living in Canada and the us do you find that working full-time is akin to slavery.You work a 40+ hr weekday and by the time u get home ur tired and have to get ready for work the next day ,weekends you may get free but then have to cramp everything you gotta do on these days.

The rastas in the hills of Jamaica dash fiyah Pon did here living calling it modern day slavery.Your only getting pennies compared to the millions that the corporation may be getting.

I want to only work part time and use my free time with my baby .Is this ideal for a rasta lifestyle which I bely you have to take things easy and enjoy the life you live

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 11/26/2021 10:27:31 PM

Greetings Bongo Meca

InI do not think it is a fair comparison comparing a "Yard Ras" to a Ras pon the frontline. Living in Canada & the US puts you in the construct of living the Rat Race. where even living off the grid takes money and if you do not have survival skills leaves you to return sooner or later . i worked a 9-5 without feeling like its slavery for I personally agreed to work for a "wage" and made sure I do not blow I funds chasing the illusion set before I . personal perception is key for within Fari we have lawyers doctors farmers mechanics fishermen politicians nurses , do you think they would say they are slaves ? they work for the betterment of their communities , giving them a chance to have some form of say what the definition of their communities should be. If the i want to change that which is before the I then you really need to take a hard look and see if you have what it take to make it besides a 9-5 ...... for even running your own business makes one beholden to your customers .

Heartigal Raspect in all Aspect, Haile I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/27/2021 2:17:30 AM

Its not about taking things easy Rasta. This road alone is rough and long and requires hard works and livication. Also, His Majesty says we should display excellency in any of InI endeavors, this can only be achieved through hard works.

The point of the matter is doing for self

Self reliance is the highest science
Not being subject to other people from other communities rule and law for a pittance while establishing their financial prowess above de i own, is akin to indentured servitude; from which we seek emancipation from the longest of ttime

Yet and still, ones and ones must do what they can to feed themselves and family self reliance is the goal but may not always be fiscally possible at a any one time, and food affe run. Especially for Ras dem where nature or the lack thereof is inadequate for InI survival.

Which then brings the argument of InI location, and whether exodos and repatriation sounds need to sound.. Live up and do what the i can. Display excellency in any of the i works and whether slowly or immediate make a move toward self sufficiency
Blessed

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/27/2021 6:49:44 AM

Blessed Bongo meca

Yes I, them big corporations like to keep the most of their workers on minimum wage and make them work for long hours every day. Now some people are complaining that they don't like to do all that work with a mask on. Their doctors did say that they have lung infection because of wearing the mask the whole day for all the day long everyday. The qualified doctor that studied science says that they get infected because of wearing these things the whole day long. Now they are complaining about that and that they have to work everyday for minimum wage. While their boss is one of the richest in the world. Look at these people that own huge corporations. They are some of the richest in the world. Now they enslave their workers, telling them to wear the slave muzzle and work for long hours everyday. This is indeed slavery. These big bosses of these big corporations pay respect to the bankers. These bankers have said and even to the governments of the world that they must continue to practice this slavery method.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 11/27/2021 4:03:52 PM

Bless up.

If the I could move to an island from Canada and live off the land I would do just that . But I'm thinking about health care and such ,might have to fly back to get good care ?

Working for low wages sucks I envy the Ras on the island who are self reliant

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/27/2021 6:23:19 PM

Hail up Idren n Istren

I think there needs to be a balance in life between work and fulljoyment. Or, even better, if work can be what the I fulljoy. One of my jobs is, most days, a displeasure to I, and I just look forward to leaving and going home. That's why I asked to work there only 3 days a week and I looked for a job I like better for the other 2 days, which I found and I love (nannying) and doesn't feel like work at all but it more play, laughter, and silly times. I care for a 2 month old, a 3 year old, and a 5 year old, very active very smart very imaginative little boys. I go through their crying over "he broke my legos" and the baby crying from colic, all of it is great and fulfilling and brings me so much joy. Yet it would be a disaster for people who don't love childcare or who dont know how to handle children. The difference between work and play is whether or not you personally enjoy it.

The thing is that the first job is not enjoyable yet the owners of the company are really kind and caring, and I know I can rely on them for employment regardless of world situations (for example they never made me wear a mask). So I keep the job and I do my best for them, because there is mutual respect. If that were not the situation, I would not stay. I never stay in a workplace where I am abused or taken advantage of or treated as an object rather than a human. It is up to all of us to have standards of respect that we force others to treat us with, or else disengage from those relationships whether they be employers or otherwise.

While working these jobs, I still hope to set up a different situation for Iself, where I can be living more off the land, homeschool my children, and where I can be doing other things for Iself to support life's costs - like creating a village of mini cob houses to rent out as cabins for natural-minded air bnb visitors or for vipassana meditators, or spiritual retreats, etc. Yes all of that would be a lot of effort but because it is what I like, it would not feel like work.

The difference between joyful effort and toilsome work is in the heart. If we all do what we love and not what we feel forced to do, we can support our lives while still feeling free and happy and not confined in an employment slavery situation. It takes creativity and knowledge of self to come up with ideas that will bring us joy while still paying our living expenses.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/28/2021 2:10:12 AM

I really fell what GA say here.
I would like all who can to not surrender to victim mentality and work min-wage for more than a small 1st job youth stretch. If that.

I do believe it starts with faith, that JAH has better plans for you than any other. That if you are in a dire situation, that there IS better way! That poverty can be transcended. Paycheck to paycheck living can be a thing of the past. Faith CAN move mountains!

There are many trades, many skills INI can cultivate both in the system and outside of it. WE must invest in ourselves!

Our passions don't always bring home the bread so those should just be hobbies of livity. Not seen as financial stabilizers if they are not.
(As JAH Child mentions finding balance between work and fulljoyment)

Entrepreneurship and money management is not taught in many schools around so INI must self teach ourselves and our youth these truths because they ARE our right!

It really boils down to providing a service or product with little to none middle men taking a cut.

We know reggae artists make alot of money for record companies. An artist may change record company if another one is offering more for the artist and less for the company. Or a artist, may start their own record company and maximize the amount of the harvest of their own labor that moves into their own storehouse.

If you start a business and are small, sometimes can't pay more than minimum to your employees without going out of business.
Still, barley enough income is always better than none or not enough.

Our ancestors thousands of years ago worked more than 9-5 5days a week, and for less! Even the so called poor these days have smart phone and high speed internet, a fridge, heat in the freezing cold.....running water.....

Babylon is confusion obstructing the vision of opportunity and hope.

Greatest things are hope, faith, and love. One Love

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I