Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=752&start_row=1

Revelation

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 4/3/2005 7:34:43 PM

Greetings, I am new to this faith and want to know as much as possible. I believe that H.I.M. is the returned Savior and that RasTafari are God's children. I can't live exactly as I should because I still live at home and my mom won't accept it. I appreciate any advice. I also have a question about the devil. I acknowledge that Selassie I is the returned Messiah but who is the devil?

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseenor. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corin. 4:18

Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/4/2005 2:23:50 AM

Well first bredren you have to understand the history of this devil character. The devil is not some red guy with horns, or someone who runs a fiery pit of suffering and torture. The concept of a devil cam e about in the 500 BC time period and comes from the religion known as Zoroastrianism. Zoroastrianism was the first religion recorded to give evil a personification, they called him Angra Mainyu. The Semitic culture, later on to be Israel, developed most of their concepts from this Sumerian/Persian culture. In the Semitic version of this charachter he becomes known as the deciever and the fahter of lies. Most Rastafari will tell you that the Pope is the Devil, and while I believe that he is the antichrist, there is more to it. In the book of revelation it talks about a serpent that talked to adam and eve and offered them the knowledge of good and evil. Well from even before the times of moses, in egypt there were schools that were started called the Egyptian Mystery Schools. They were the worlds first universities and they taught initiates their "secret, Arcane" knowledge that was delviered to them form the gods. Well if you and I were to look at these writings we would know that they are wrong because in todays world we can prove otherwise. But these people lacked intelligent response. The world was knew to them and they based all of their beliefs purely off emotion. But anyway, this school is also the beginning of what is called The Brotherhood of The Serpent, and like I mentioned earlier, they promised knowledge to people who become intiated into their rituals, which were kept secret or you would be killed. Well this same group is what the bible is reffering to. There is a lot of info on the Brotherhood (Big Brother), I encourage you to look them up. www.theforbiddenknowledge.com

But this devil, satan thing is a world wide effort my friend, the Freemasons, Illuminati and so forth have their hands deep into things that they shouldn't have control of.

On the subject of hell:

"A word which appears to have come from the Old English hel meaning 'concealed' (and, some suggest, 'dark hole'). Hell as a place of everlasting torment appears to have been an invention of the early Christians, perhaps a misunderstanding of the esoteric ABYSS which figures in Qabalistic texts and in the ancient mystery wisdom. The near equivalent to Hell in classical times was HADES, which was more of a post-mortem shadow land (where there was no torment, though gnashing of teeth) than the place of torture visualized in the modern European concept of Hell. The Hebraic Sheol has been translated in biblical texts as meaning Hell, but this translation is inaccurate."- Dictionary of Demonology

"The pyramid texts composed by the priests of Heliopolis for the tombs of the V Dynasty c.2400 BC show [were first historical record of an idea of heaven and hell] This invention of the hell/heaven sanction by the Egyptians has been of the highest significance in subsequent moral control, and in Egypt, as with most other societies, its function was to support the monarchy"
"A History of Sin" by Oliver Thomson, Hardback Edition, Canongate Press, 1993, page 66

""Sheol" is a Hebrew word used for the abode of the dead. It is thought of as a place situated below the ground (e.g. Ezek. 31:15), a place of darkness, silence and forgetfulness (Job 10:21; Ps. 94:17, 88:12). Although the dead in sheol are apparently cut off from God (Ps. 88:3-5), he is not absent (Ps. 139:8), and is able to deliver souls from sheol (Ps. 16:10). It is sometimes translated as "hell"; however, it is not seen as a place of eternal punishment, and its use in the New Testament (e.g. Matt. 16:18; Acts 2:27) suggests a meaning relating simply to the power of death."

"Bible Facts", Heaven and Hell in the Bible, by Jenny Roberts

The traditional concept of Hell does NOT come from the inspired Hebrew or Greek manuscripts. It is a pagan myth adopted as Christian doctrine in the third century by church fathers. Yet, then as now, innocent people are taught the traditional concept of Hell by trusted authority figures. That trust deters questions, so for hundreds of years the myth has perpetuated. The KJV and other translations have also perpetuated the myth by less than the most accurate translation of the word Hell. The word Hell occurs in a total of fifty-three verses in the KJV; Thirty-one times in the Old Testament, and twenty-two times in the New. FOUR separate words from Hebrew and Greek were translated into the ONE English word Hell. In English Hell refers to a conceal place, a hole in the ground as for storing potatoes, etc., covered with soil during winter. TWO words, one Hebrew and one Greek, mean the SAME THING. Fire is NOT associated with FORTY-TWO occurrences of these words.
One Greek word for Hell occurs just once. Fire is NOT associated with the occurrence, neither are HUMANS.

I hope this gets you started bredren.

Blessed Love

Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari Live

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/4/2005 7:44:56 AM

YES bredda Natty lion
Love and welcome
How great and joyful it is to see one of Jah sheep return to the fold.
Hold fast and strenthen thyself from day to day
When thy mother and thy father forsake thee, the Most High God Jah Rastafari shall take thee

love
Rastafari 4 Iver

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/4/2005 8:59:37 AM

Ises

First you tell I n I that you are new to the faith and that you want to know as much as possible, and with the same breath you say you acknowledge HIM as the returned Masheach. Know thyself before following something blind!

As to the devil thing.
If you watch Worldhistory you will see that all evilness orginates from man. There is no need for a red guy with horns or something like this, man is his own devil. Evilness dwells in the minds of the wicked which become then it's instrument.

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/4/2005 3:37:20 PM

Yes I Nyah! I sight the mans reasoning.

Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 4/4/2005 4:33:09 PM

Greetings,
Sorry for the misinterpretation. I have been reading about the faith, and I believe this over Christianity. I was always a bit suspicious of Christianity. I have been reading for a few months and study my Bible and have just now decided to identify with Rasta. I try my best not to do anything blindly. Also thanks for the encouragement and knowledge. Rastafari are more loving and brotherly than any other faith. Through Jah help I will continue to grow in HIM.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corin. 4:18

Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: def Sent: 4/4/2005 5:01:01 PM

BLESSED LOVE

GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS

When in sleep do eye see.

Awake from the dream and love the almighty supreme, so beautiful and clean.
There is only one truth. A thruth that may be seen, surrounded by the 1ghts red gold and green.
Look to the east and follow that gleam to transend is to of surely seen.

GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/4/2005 5:47:49 PM

I dont think that were talkin about colors here, Pigment or complexion the dread youth is speaking about the inner rejouvination that is not seen.... Peace to the Idren

Seen Ras Natty_Lion....

2 Corinthians 4
1Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
8We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
12So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
13We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;
14Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
15For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
16For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
17For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
18While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I