Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7395&start_row=21

Creationism vs Evolution

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/31/2020 3:36:03 PM

I'm not interested in magic tricks or a performance. I'm in my 40s. I've seen a lot.

And of course you want money. Isn't that what every miracle performer wants, in some form or another? It is that desire for money that proves my point, that people have been performing for thousands of years, mixing real understandings of nature together with false stories of talking spirits.

Now let me tell you where I leave room for possibilities...

There is a book called the Cosmic Serpent. You can get the ebook probably for like $5.

It deals with experiences people have under the influence of certain herbs so I think its up your alley and I think you would enjoy it and find it intriguing.

These experiences are sometimes very similar to each other. So this is not like 2 different people both seeing God in a vision and one person sees a white man and the other a black man. This is multiple people seeing a representation in the same form.

So I leave room for the possibility that nature is deeper than we currently understand and that the mind/imagination uses images in symbolic fashion to help us see and understand things. But as for dudes in robes acting holy and trying to dictate religion, I'll pass.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 9/1/2020 4:50:06 AM

This just proves to me how assumptions can be proved wrong by stronger assumptions.

To my mind the world is manifested by making assumptions, all of mathematics is based on assumptions, but there is a hierarchy of assumptions' reach. Those that reach furthest are said to be stronger.

I had assumed that you, IP, were in your seventies, indeed I had even gone as far as to assume that you were an Afro-Cuban facebook friend of mine living in the States.

Here you say you are in your forties, so the assumption is proved wrong.

Science is a combination of making assumptions and checking against reality.

You don't have to check against reality, but reality has a habit of checking against your, primarily because there is always a stronger assumption.

This is evolution in action.

Give thanks.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/3/2020 9:43:44 AM

@Geez

LOL, why did you think I was so old? If you don't mind me asking.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 9/3/2020 7:33:20 PM

You have obviously accumulated a vast amount of experience, you talk like my father, just with Biblical stories substituted for ancient Greek ones, I myself am in my forties.

I have no way of telling anything, all I have is wishful thinking and I find that shapes my reality until my reality crashes into unreality.

My mother thinks that the main reason I approach Rastas is to seek justification of my youthful use of marijuana, be it religious or scientific.

I really don't know anything anymore, I want to comment on your post about men women and sex but I'm not sure where to begin.

Give thanks.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/5/2020 1:56:54 PM

Geez: My mother thinks that the main reason I approach Rastas is to seek justification of my youthful use of marijuana, be it religious or scientific.

I think the real reason is because you seek a common connection that isn't subject to race, color, or any other classification. That is what we call one love. And it's a beautiful thing.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/18/2022 11:18:25 AM

IPXninja, you are influenced by some of the best agents I have seen in this time. Come out of those deceptions! Evolution is a religion. You are always using the religion of agents to back up what you said. When the wicked man in Rome saw Ethiopia and saw that it was coming to a time close to the Emperor Haile Selassie I the lion of the tribe of Judah, he then went to confuse the whole world with his agents. The agents went out and started this religion of evolution. The reason is that they hate black people. They hate Ethiopia. So they said that the Ethiopians are descended from apes. They started making this whole new religion of evolution. Science to them is not what we call science to us. For them science is a religion. They also set out to deceive the true Christians. They went out to deceive the Ethiopians. They lied and told these lies to school kids. They lie and say that black people are the children of apes. Now how can one support such mockery? How can one say evolution is true? How can you say black people are the children of monkeys? IPXninja, stop it with your foolishness. You are too influenced by agents of this new world. Go back to your roots. Blessed

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 2/18/2022 8:19:05 PM

Blessed Love Idren

Don't worry about it so much

- The progress of science can be said to be harmful to religion only in so far as it is used for evil aims and not because it claims a priority over religion in its revelation to man. -

Or to say more

- All human inventions, from the most primitive tool to the modern atom, can help man greatly in his peaceful endeavors. But if they are put to evil purposes they have the capacity to wipe out the human race from the surface of the earth. It is only when the human mind is guided by religion and morality that man can acquire the necessary vision to put all his ingenious inventions and contrivances to really useful and beneficial purposes. The progress of science can be said to be harmful to religion only in so far as it is used for evil aims and not because it claims a priority over religion in its revelation to man. It is important that spiritual advancement must keep pace with material advancement. When this comes to be realized man’s journey toward higher and more lasting values will show more marked progress while the evil in him recedes to the background.
Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our wellbeing. It is only when people strike an even balance between scientific progress and spiritual and moral advancement that it can be said to posses a wholly perfect and complete personality and not a lopsided one. -
HIM Haile Selassie I, April 5th, 1958

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I BLESS INI STUDY OF SCIENCE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2022 11:01:22 PM

Give thanks for the wordsound
InI need more material-spiritual balance. Can I ask what speech is that sourced from as I may revisit

Although the brethren say he sites what we call Science and how agents of babylon use science as different.

Melchezidek. What do you mean when you say science is a religion? What do you mean by religion? UHow do they use science different to InI?

I NOT challenging you King or disagreeing
I Genuinely interested in how you sight it or better yet how you define it, based on what you have reasoned so far.

Clarity I

Give thanks

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/16/2022 1:12:12 AM

Bless Up Iyah

Sorry I man didnt see the Is question until now.

The speech is from “Interview with Editor ‘Voice Of Ethiopia’”, Chapter 18 page 663 in Selected Speeches of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I

I man reasoned on this subject before but I man guess it was deleted from the site. I still have it in I man records so please allow I to copy paste some reasoning from before that I think is still relevant:

I man see Rastafari as Reality.

HIM Haile Selassie I proves to InI that Christ in his Kingly character is not born of a virgin mother, turning water into wine, curing the sick with a finger’s touch, or any other fantasy stories that babylon perpetuates to confuse InI.

This isn’t to say that the Bible is all wrong and doesn’t list factual, verifiable information. It is important to realeyes what is factual and what is a story.

Hebrew is a language of ideas, so a sentence can be interpreted a lot of different ways. When Hebrew is translated to a language with roman roots (like english), the idea becomes a literal statement. The original writers of the Bible did not intend for the words that translators decided to use to be taken literally.

HIM Haile Selassie I teaches InI to embrace science and intertwine it with InI faith. Ancient Africa created the study of science. europe and the western world turned science into a study of exploitation and war, but that was not the original intent of the study. Right now there is nuff evidence in the world that the study of science is under attack, and I think InI need to guard against that in order to avoid entering into another medieval type situation. Science itself as a subject shouldn’t have to be defended. The wicked science that is done in the name of babylon agenda should be identified and removed.

With any subject, it is important to have verifiable information. Science can provide this to InI with anything relating to HOW the Iniverse works and operates. Spirituality can provide InI with WHY the Iniverse works and operates, but I don’t think the two are interchangeable. The bible can relay historical facts that can be verified and proven by other cultures in existence at the time. This is how people that are well studied in history can speak factually about Israelite law and culture included in the Bible. When it comes to the creation story in Genesis, there isn’t any way to factually verify the story. This is important, because I man want to deal with Reality. Nuff different creation stories I man can find from many different cultures on this earth. Each different culture is allowed to have the truth of the creation story that was given to them. However I think it is wrong when one of those cultures claims only their story is truth, but still can’t provide facts with science to prove their story. That is not reality.

People from all different realities have gathered together to work to understand HOW the iniverse works, and have come up with a theory of evolution to explain how life is created. I think if InI look at all the facts it is a theory that makes sense. Some give scientific theories a similar reverence as the dogmatic zealot gives to their chosen religion when both should seek balance and HIM Haile Selassie I.

HIM Haile Selassie I teaches InI that each person has their own right to the Most High, that is not up for debate. HIM has the authority to proclaim this freedom for all. If someone wants to take the Bible literally and say that “God” created the entire Iniverse in seven earth days, and wombyn from a rib of Adam, and a talking serpent tricked wombyn, etc........ Gwan then, shout it from the hills. If a Ras choses them nah deal with bible and never even knew those stories, the Iyahs still blessed by the law that the returned Christ HIM Haile Selassie I proclaimed for InI. What is not legal to do, is take a story that has no factual basis, and teach it to schoolchildren like it has the same verifiable facts about history that true science can prove to InI. They want to teach InI the bible is literal because their “God” said so? From words that were translated by their own scholars into a different language than what it was originally written in? NUFF time InI been living in servitude to a shytstem based off illusion and unproven facts. I man say that is not for I. I man say that is not Reality.

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I BLESS INI STUDY OF SCIENCE

---------------------------

The reason why I think the MELCHEZIDEK account represents babylon and not HIM Haile Selassie I is evident from the fact that it just goes right into reactionary emotional attacks instead of reasoning like a real person. It misrepresents the theory of evolution by stating racist nonsense that scientific theory is not even stating. By refusing to reason or listen to reasonings about how it is misrepresenting something, it is evident the account is supporting discord and discontent among InI, and doing it calculatedly, as an agent would. Its not here to reason, just inject untrue statements in an effort to divide and conquer InI. I man dont support it.

PS why does it keep trying to get InI to click on its tricky links? Let InI reason here

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I LOVE

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/16/2022 3:55:10 AM

Cedric, are you really a fool? Do you really believe in evolution? And why do you call I an agent? You are the one representing fake news from Amerikkka. No hatred on the man, but stop calling I an agent. That is what a bombaclat does.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I