Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7379&start_row=1

The politics of "race"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 7/17/2020 11:41:38 AM

I am not "black", I am not "white", I am not even mixed "black" and "white" at least not in one generation.

Listening to "black" people has made me just as "racist" as listening to "white" people which is why I say that "racism" is not the problem, "racial bullying" is.

I have always known the problem with colour blindness in "white" society.

But what is politics if it is not prejudice and directed attacks?

"White" people playing the victim is nothing new. I don't see it as a threat in conversation, it is just honest debate.

Where I do see it as a threat is in me trying to make a living, but I've come to the conclusion that is just a fact of life.

I still don't know how to align myself, my current lady friend is "black" so I have to put up a fight for my rights in some way, most "whites" aren't even interested as far as I can see, she's not the Beyonce/Naomi Campbell type.

I hope I didn't go too far with the accusations about the use of the term "Babylon". Iraq is closer to my roots than Jamaica, though I grew up in London listening to reggae, so in truth it might be the other way around.

I am not playing the victim, just trying to assess what the point of me being on this forum is.

I'm still a kid when it comes to politics and a bit of a fantasist, imagining I can engage at the world level rather than starting at the base.

Life is good though, and I'm beating the paranoia, so that's a start.

Give thanks.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/17/2020 5:15:52 PM

1. It doesn't matter what color you are there is only one race and that's human.

2. You don't have to be black to support black issues. Black people simply want equality and that should be something that is universal; that we can all fight for.

3. Racism includes but isn't limited to bullying. And one might say bullying while another might say terrorism. Racism isn't binary. It covers a whole spectrum of behavior. If a judge, for example, give a black defendant more time on average than he does sentencing a white person then that's racism. When black people are targeted for arrests more, just because they're black, and police are lying and adding people to the gang database and all this other stuff that they do; planting evidence, lying... it creates a "System" of racism that when added together, oppresses, terrorizes, and monetizes black people. Most black people don't care if a white person has racist views. What bothers us is when those views then have real world applications (like denying our applications).

4. white people playing the victim is how Nazi Germany got started. So it may not seem like a threat right now but we don't have the luxury of waiting until it matures into something even worse.

5. The threat to livelihood is real, but there's so many factors touched by racism its difficult to quantify the actual damages.

6. Align yourself with humanity and with love. That's all you need to fit in on this forum. It doesn't matter where you were born or raised. If you love reggae and you feel something when you hear those messages of consciousness living in harmony, I may talk about 100 different things and get in the weeds on different subjects, but at the end of the day you are welcome here.

7. You don't need to be a political science major to be here. If you have questions, ask. If you want to just read, read. If you have an opinion (and its not a regurgitation of some propaganda but your own honest opinion) it is welcome here.

In spite of whatever struggles are in the world, Life really is good. And we all need to stay positive.

Messenger: Love and Livity Sent: 7/20/2020 12:55:44 AM

"white people playing the victim is how Nazi Germany got started."

Where I get this from? You have either a false history books or a hatred of a people, and neither is good.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 7/20/2020 2:54:26 AM

Blessed Love Idren

Love and Livity, InI have to be careful, there are a lot of agents on the loose here. Or maybe just one agent with a lot of accounts. InI have to be guarded. Maybe the I can help InI keep a look out for them.

I sight the I enters this forum looking for knowledge, but a little accusatory. It might be difficult to take the time to learn if the I is so quick to judge InI.

Hitler blamed the Jewish people for wrongs that they never committed (victim card). He used these baseless claims (among others) as an effective way to gain popularity and power, and then to organize and plan the murder of millions of people.

InI don't hate or show hatred by educating with facts.

HAILE SELASSIE I KNOW

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 7/20/2020 3:07:36 AM

From you know colours is folly.
The real enemy is politics.

Messenger: Love and Livity Sent: 7/20/2020 5:09:23 AM

If you want to be factual I, you wouldn't take such a jump to the point in which you say, an entire race of people is a wolf in sheep's clothing. And not recognize the disparities and help that all races need individually. And to compare it to hitler, which he didnt play the victim as much as point out what jews where doing to Germany. And they ended with a horrific result by acting on that blame, similar to what the original poster said. Hitler said things more along the lines of "Jewish people are playing the victim and tearing this country down with it." As well as saying there are oppressors.

InI came for spiritual knowledge but I have noticed on threads the amount of hatred for one people and if I do this how can I love your own, or even all. Some people here one side screams one love and the other tears down other races with almost nazi like propaganda aimed at others. And no one sees it or cares because at some point there was oppression to the black people. All people have been wronged on this earth. To act wrongly to others now therefore is evil i think.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 7/20/2020 6:43:59 AM

THE WHOLE WORLD IS AFRICA and even the so called "WHITE" people are sons and daughters of the BLACK man and woman. Therefore, using skin colour as a means to judge mankind is unjust and wayward.

Anything called government in the modern world, which have allied themselves to international political and financial greats, are the dragon and Lucifer the serpent, which is the source of all propaganda, racial and otherwise.

A better term to describe the oppressors of the human race is GENTILES (This term has no racial basis and is because of their heathen worship and practices, and no specific colour of no body part.)

Messenger: Kiwiman Sent: 7/20/2020 6:44:12 AM

'Babylon is just a word to describe the system.
It has nothing to do with hate of Babylonians.

Jamaican patois and african american slang is littered with new words so slaves could speak among themselves and the masters would not be able to understand

this is all it is

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/20/2020 3:03:21 PM

@Love and Livity

I think you have misunderstood. What I said was in response to the following from the OP:
"White" people playing the victim is nothing new. I don't see it as a threat in conversation, it is just honest debate.

when Geez Che said "white people" I didn't take that to mean "ALL WHITE PEOPLE". And in my response, when I said, "white people" that too was not a reference to "ALL WHITE PEOPLE". In general when people refer to colors of people in this manner it is an undetermined amount of people. I cannot tell you HOW many Germans believed that Jews were to blame for the state of affairs in their country. But if it was a small number than 4 million Jews would not have been sacrificed.

So I think my grasp of history is just fine. And I don't think I need to tell you about the German Workers party and how that was the precursor to the Nazi Party. I don't think I need to tell you how the rhetoric of one Adolph Hitler was a populist message of xenophobia and blaming. When Germans accepted these ideas/propaganda that Jews were to blame they simultaneously set themselves up, as "victims" simply because they were less successful and poor, to turn against the Jews and rob them of their wealth. Fill free to research more into the history yourself. If you still feel I'm wrong, feel free to share your opinion.

LL: And to compare it to hitler, which he didnt play the victim as much as point out what jews where doing to Germany.

From your opinion of history, what do you believe "Jews where doing to Germany"? Because that sounds a bit antisemitic which honestly a lot things get overblown but whatever... still you should be careful with your words because it sounds like you're blaming them, maybe not for what happened, but for what exactly?

Messenger: Love and Livity Sent: 7/20/2020 5:23:44 PM

when you address a people as a race I would think you mean all of them. Sorry.

As for what I meant, im not being antisemitic, and jews didn't deserve what happened to them. No people do, But the Germans didn't do it for no reason like is being taught in schools, they where doing actions against the German people such as tampering with the news paper, and mass promotion of different things that germans didn't agree with as a nation. I'm not saying anything is justified im just saying it was a retaliation rather than as a random event as its commonly portrayed.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I