Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7363&start_row=1

Marcus Garvey Prophet

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/21/2020 10:56:10 AM

Why is Marcus Garvey a prophet?
Because he knew that Haile Selassie would be crowned in the future when he spoke the words "Look to Africa..." ??

Could he just look in the future?

I thought Rastafari Didn't deal with fantasy

Im confused

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/21/2020 11:16:27 PM

Blessed Love Idren

Haha I man just been educated by I man's "millennial" aged Empress all about trolls. Wow I never knew the youths do this for fun. Haha Now I man just feel old.

Are you for real Caveman, or is it just fun to confuse InI that are not as well internet travelled? "I'm confused" haha

I recommended a good book to learn all about Marcus Garvey.

Prophet can mean an Idren that is far seeing and innovative in vision and works. Prophecy can mean a rightful interpretation of JAH works in the present. Fantasy can use the word prophet to describe someone who watches the future like tell-lie-vision. It is up to InI to define the language InI use.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 6/22/2020 8:09:00 AM

JAH BLESS IN DEED

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/22/2020 11:02:35 AM

I defently wanna know about Garvey (for real) and I will also read the book you recommended. I just like to question these small things that i don't understand as the use of the word "prophet"

Now I undertand it better

You have been very nice to answer all my questions giving me higher learning so I have to thank you many times.

One love

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/22/2020 7:13:53 PM

Bless Idren,

Haha Yes I RasTafarIWork

Ok Caveman, it can be difficult for I man to read tone in text, and sometimes I think that your questions sound antagonistic. I know now that was not intended by the I. You are welcome for any help I have been able to lend.

I man see the I was looking for clarification on the word prophet and how it equates with reality.

I think it is good to question all things, but I think it is more important to think critically for oneself to overstand how one sees things. That way instead of just following a script or ideas that have been told to the I, the I can begin to see the complete picture and how it relates to the I, and InI, and reality. Also I man see InI should study many different ways and select the most appropriate response, and sometimes that requires asking about different ways to think about something. I man know I have told the I to ask questions, so I man not trying to be overly critical of the I. I man just trying to advocate for critical thinking skills.

About fantasy I just want to say that I man think it has its place. All fantasy is not evil and something is not evil just because it is fantasy. InI should embrace artistic works including fiction or fantasy if that is what the I embraces. HIM Haile Selassie I supports the creation of art for art’s sake. InI can see many fantasy stories are very powerful reflections on reality as it happens or happened or what could be.

Fantasy should not be used to control or dominate by hypocritical religions or governments to subdue InI. That is evil fantasy. Fantasy stories can be used to mask detrimental messages to InI. Again, that is why I man say it is most important to have a critical mind to build from a solid foundation of reality.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 6/30/2020 6:44:44 AM

Marcus Garvey is a conscious Rastaman. Burn out all folly.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I