Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7362&start_row=1

Black Lives Matter 2020

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/15/2020 10:06:17 AM

This thread is for a civil discussion about the Black Lives Matter response to the death of George Floyd and more importantly how the world is now responding to Black Lives Matter. This thread is for talking about the police, the impact of white terrorism against the black community, black empowerment in regards to racial in justice and oppression, and the systematic use of the police by white supremacy.

What it is not for:
This thread is not for conspiracy theories you can't prove regarding the protest or the funding, or anything like that. It's not for discussion politics. You can discuss political ACTIONS that needed and finally being done. But I consider it very disrespectful to take this subject, which is near and dear to the hearts of the black community, and use it to try and gain support the MAGA agenda which I strongly believe to be a racist white supremacist agenda.

V: The building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. Alone a symbol is meaningless, but with enough people, blowing up a building can change the world.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/15/2020 10:10:53 AM

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/15/2020 10:14:06 AM

Is this music video by Childish Gambino prophetic? In it you see kids wearing masks very similar to how society looked during the covid-19 epidemic. You also see a white horse in the background chasing black people. I said when I first saw it that Donald Glover was an artistic genius. Am I now say that he's also a prophet and this video was prophecy?

No. And this is for all those who are in religious groups, sects, cults and churches that follow someone they believe to be a prophet. But this message is especially for white people who need to listen and understand in this moment of history. The same way that I could pick out multiple elements from this video and spin it into a prophecy thanks to hindsight, is the same way a lot of people can say things that later look like accurate predictions. Are they guessing then? No.

In the case of racism in the US, there is a cycle that repeats itself. Some things change. Some things stay the same. Even though we all look different, eventually you'll see a face that looks exactly the same as a face you've seen before. When you have millions of people with similar DNA it becomes easier and easier to make predictions because there are more chances than one person will come along to match one's prediction. I could describe a child that will be born 2 weeks from now in great detail and in fact a child would be born in 2 weeks that will match my description. If the person who saw that child knew of my description they would think I was talking about that child.

Because racism is so prevalent in the US it is predictable. Even though conversations about it haven't happened in the mainstream it doesn't mean that racism ever stopped happening. It happens every single day, just like how babies are born everyday. Do we notice every baby who is born everyday? Or do we only notice when one birth is so out of the ordinary that we say that child must be special? Do we notice everyone who dies or every death caused by the police? No. Only those that seem special. Racism is ordinary to black people while extraordinary to whites. That's why we protest. It is a plea that our reality, our daily reality and experience, can somehow merge into the daily reality and experience of people who are otherwise just like us; except for that one thing. The color of their skin.

Who could predict that a police officer on a white horse would literally run over a black woman with that white horse? It's interesting that the bible, with many predictions, including the pale horse of the apocalypse, never actually predicts racism. Why? Because at the time there was no underlying cycle or construct onto which people could make that prediction. It was a novel concept to which there was no cure. But now that the idea of race has gone viral we've become so used to it that the race of people doing the racism is, in large numbers, blind to its existence. Maybe they have a racist uncle or grandfather and so they figure that was something from an older time. But no. It has become part of the breath of the planet.

It is so much part of the breath that they don't have to think about it. It just happens. They don't have to consciously think "let me do something racist" or "let me do something about racism". It's become natural because the idea is planted like seeds; generation after generation. That's why Yeshua (Jesus) said by their fruits you will know them. And so we see the harvest of racists, born year after year, constant, never ending, believing themselves to be superior, but acting like criminals and gangs in uniform, on and on, passed down like genes, so that our children and theirs experience racism just like their ancestors. Even in the midst of protests and riots other police officers simply cannot help themselves and shot another black man in the back; in an altercation that should never have happened because he did what you should do. Instead of drunk driving he simply parked his car. Doing so made the road safer for society but the police couldn't see it that way because he was judged in their minds, as a threat; a bad guy.

Those racists... that constant harvest of white supremacists... believe their racism is absolutely normal because it has been accepted as a norm in their society. And their knee has been on our necks for hundreds of years, not just 8 minutes and 46 seconds. We told white society that we couldn't breathe many years ago, but they couldn't hear us. They even had officials standing in front, just like the officer who stood facing the crowd while George Floyd was murdered behind him because he didn't listen or trust the crowd enough to think (or maybe care) that what they were seeing and saying was true and that a man was being murdered right behind him, right before their very eyes.

It was his job to deny reality, just as white people in the media have been denying reality for years. And eventually we stopped talking to them because we had run out of breath. Many of us talk about racism every day because it is real and always near to us. We don't talk about something daily that is some figment of our collective imagination but white society, not long ago, took us all as though we were all liars. They had to see it with their own eyes; a disbelief that is racist in itself.

We knew before the election of Trump that the MAGA agenda was fundamentally racist, like some old page from a script torn out of America's past. Again? Make America great... again? What time period are you referring to? When black people were segregated? Or when black people were slaves? When we were fighting for the right to vote? When we're still having to fight against voter suppression against our people? We don't want to go back. We want to go forward!

Conservatives don't like change but that's because they're not the targets of racism and white supremacy. They can breathe just fine. We told you Trump is a racist. We heard his dog whistles long before we found out about his father. His desire to see the black boys, known as the Central Park 5, killed, because he had tried and convicted them in his head... is exactly how racist police officers, prosecutors, and judges think. Stop thinking that it's just a few bad apples in just the police force. You think it's an anomaly in one certain profession? Racists don't discriminate in where THEY choose to work. And no one discriminates against racists, known or unknown, when it comes to promotions and elections the same way they discriminate against us. It is a fact that the more ethnic your name sounds the less likely you are to get the job you want. Why do you think we change our voices to sound more white to get jobs or dress like you? Because we want to? No one wants to be you. We just want to be treated the same as you. We just want to breathe too.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

If you really love what America stands for, what it represents, what you perhaps thought it already was, make a stand against racism this election year. Vote out the man you thought wasn't so bad because he seemed to have a black friend and the members of his gang who stand in front of him and do NOTHING to stop what they will later say is wrong. I can understand if maybe you don't like abortion but you should try convincing people who actually make that choice, not electing people to take the choice away by force. I can understand if you fear for the economy, but let me remind you that we had a surplus under Clinton and a recovery under Obama that was trending upwards before Trump got in office. And let me remind you that the Trump tax cuts aimed at helping his own friends and personal wealth, did not stimulate the economy for the rest of us but cost us $2.3 Trillion, paid for by all races but benefiting mostly one. He asked us what do we have to loose at the same time David Duke and other racists were coming out of the wood works like Trump was their messiah. Why? Because they knew Trump was a racist; because they know what a racist looks and sounds like.

President Obama talked about hope and change and the internet was flooded with racist memes and effigies against him while whites pretended not to notice it all or where it was all coming from. I hope we can make a change in our politics. Let this year be the year that we all vote against racism and white supremacy. We're not voting for Biden or the DNC. We're voting against racists and white nationalists who want to take over this country because they think it belongs only to them. We're voting against white terrorists like Dylan Roof. And we're voting against racists in badges, suits, and robes, that believe that the Confederacy had the right ideas. That's what we should be voting against in 2020. Because until we can all breathe free, and feel free, then we have not yet become the America that the founding fathers set out to build. Let FREEDOM ring.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/15/2020 10:26:27 AM

Confession

https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-bastard-cop-bb14d17bc759

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I