Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7355&start_row=1

BLM - Racism?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 82
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/9/2020 3:19:26 PM

Hi

I was at a black lives matter demonstration

The BLM organizers sent special requirements for white people who took part in the demonstration. All the blacks should go in the front and all the whites should go in the back.

It was a rule that whites were not allowed to join the blacks who went ahead in the front, but whites should behave in the back. I just don't get that when its a demonstration against racism so i think this must be the perfect site where I can search for answers.

There were also several rules for whites
Whites were not allowed to launch combat calls, not allowed talking to the media and not allowed to shout at all combat calls.

Don't you view that as racism?

If not - Why don't you see that as racism

Why couldn't whites and blacks just demonstrate together.
Why should they be divided into a new apartheid with blacks who have to go in the front and whites who can only demonstrate in the back

Hope you can answer

Thank you

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/9/2020 5:57:00 PM

Well if I'm a BLM organizer then the last thing I want to worry about is agents posing as BLM. It's cool that white people took part, but what if whites who are secretly anti-BLM mix into the regular BLM crowd and start throwing bottles at the police? Then it would look like the black protesters were throwing bottles. At least if they are in back then it cant be blamed on BLM.

One of the sharp criticisms against BLM was that some of the people were acting out, and some always come in with their own agenda. It's difficult to organize these things for this very reason. I'm sure they would love to trust that all the white people there were on their side but unfortunately there are too many agendas to make it easy for racists and nazis to make it look like BLM protests are violent riots. And that really isn't the case.

I hope that helps.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/10/2020 1:05:10 AM

Blessed Love Idren

Caveman - Good for you to show support for black lives matter and show up to a protest for such a righteous cause.

It is important to remember that BLM is a group that is organized by people of color to speak about racism in America. This is not a message that white people can speak about. That doesn't mean that white people should not be able to be included in a march or protest to bring attention to the racist problem in this country.

Racism is institutionalized, which means it is bigger than a set of rules for a single event. It is not accurate to compare the rules of a protest to a racist government. BLM is not a message that white people can talk about from a stance of organizing. Support yes, but not leading. So it would make sense that whites should not launch combat calls, talk to the media, or even shout at all combat calls.

The good part of America is that because we are a democracy, any of us are allowed to start our own groups and organize our own protests for whatever cause we support. If it is a worthy and just cause, brethren and sistren will join you.

At the event you attended, blacks and whites were marching together, under the direction of the people of color who organized the protest to speak a message that is their message. If whites want to join, they need to do from a supportive role and not a leadership role. This is far from a new apartheid government.

I sight IPXninja and agree with the Is view. I think it may be extreme to talk about posing agents throwing bottles at police, because I could see why a BLM organizer wouldn't want white people talking to the media or leading calls even if the entire protest was peaceful and there was no concern for violence. I also overstand why the I brought it up since those events happened at recent protests, so I give thanks for the Is reasoning.

BLESSED LOVE
HIM
HAILE SELASSIE I
JAH
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Kiwiman Sent: 6/10/2020 5:00:48 AM

If whites really want to help as much as the can, wearing leg irons with heads constantly looking downcast during the protest and march, as well making no eye contact with anyone... would achieve the best outcome for protest effect

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/11/2020 5:37:06 PM

White people can be the biggest help by calling and writing to their congressmen. It doesn't matter their party affiliation. Just let them know where you stand. Protests just raise awareness. It is political pressure that creates change.

Messenger: patsm00re18 Sent: 6/13/2020 10:57:33 PM

Wonderful point, it was astoundingly useful! https://akinator.io/

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2020 2:28:10 AM

The question itself is racist

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/14/2020 4:12:10 PM

how

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/14/2020 4:14:45 PM

Btw: I know it was a stupid statement if you are thinking on "the apartheid" statement I made

But do you view the rest of it as racist too? and why

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2020 11:29:37 PM

How about this

Why can the black race never ever ever seem to be allowed to do anything for themselves by themselves according to white society. From the trod of Rastafari to the reaction to the murder of a black man. Why do white people always take offense to black exclusivity?

Well Rastafari say Africa for the Africans at home and abroad. By extension, africn (affairs) for Africans at home and abroad. Meaning sometime its OK after 500 years racism and white supremacy for black people to form and demonstrate or protest or pray and create a spiritual trod by INI SELVES. InI have been born into a time long dominated and saturated with white cultural exclusivity. Im sure i dont need to give further context as to the black experience up to this date within babylon.

And so,

For a white man to ask to take a leading role in a BLM march is privilaged racist stupidity and borderline agent-behaviour to I man personally.

Give thanks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 82

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I