Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7341&start_row=1

Supremacy and competition vs imperialism and bullying

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 5/30/2020 3:29:34 PM

No one who is not white can deny the need for their racial group to compete. Whites dominate the discourse and territorial space with their soft power and military, being the face of U.S. Imperialism.

Racial competition is not in itself a bad thing and should not be seen as racism, provided it is done in a sporting fashion.

Many whites are good sports, taking our racial competition on the chin, attempting to cheer us on, and the like.

However they do this coming from a position of dominance.

Other whites remove themselves from the competition, which is a form of racism, denying that we are contenders.

Racism is racial bullying, either through violence or ostracization. It is unsporting competition.

Supremacy is the goal of competition, but it is not the same as imperialism which is the subjugation of others.

The Soviets imagined themselves supreme, but not with the intention of being imperialists, though they may have eventually been perceived that way by many, but as teachers.

To be supreme is to be master of oneself.

Masters do not necessarily teach, but when challenged they do.

The Soviets were challenged, but not by all that they sought to teach, which perhaps was their greatest mistake.

Ethiopia, Poland, Afghanistan, these countries challenged their ideas of supremacy, but as proxies for the real challenge which was the U.S.

The Soviets tried to teach these countries, but it was the U.S. they were really trying to teach.

It is interesting to note that when the U.S. was not involved or contained, as in the case of China, Albania, Yugoslavia and Libya, the Soviets made less of an effort to teach and instead engaged in diplomacy, even when, in China's case, such efforts were stretched to the point of war.

So supremacy is not imperialism and racial competition is not racial bullying.

Thus neither supremacy nor racial competition is necessarily racist, only when it seeks to subjugate and bully does it become so.

Thank you.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 5/30/2020 4:29:21 PM

Edit: Racial competition is not in itself a bad thing and should not be seen as racism, provided it is done in a sporting fashion or self-defence.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 5/31/2020 5:22:40 PM

I had not been following the news, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this at this time. Obviously now is not the time for racial competition but for solidarity. Whether there is ever a time for racial competition I am still in two minds. I write to better understand myself and learn from others, not to change minds. I am trying to understand how someone like me who has experienced racism from the perspective of my race can come together with people who have experienced racism from the perspective of their race. Garveys has said that black people need space to themselves at the moment, so I'm going to withdraw for the moment. Thank you.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 6/6/2020 9:39:27 AM

I agree with almost everything you said. Supremacy is technology, military, economy, etc, leveraged into authority(or violence) over other communities. In less developed civilizations, those barriers tended to be racial. Although, I think in a truly civilized society, most people will not care who is in power, as long as they are a functional authority leading everyone towards health and well-being, and not a sociopathic conspiracy to line their own pockets with blood money, which tends to be the ones who win that imperialism competition. So no, we can't really agree that racial competition is good, because in America where I live, we are supposed to be in the same household, like a marriage. Rather than competing, cooperating. (It's not like that... yet... but it's what many believe the flag is supposed to stand for.)

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I