Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7340&start_row=191

The Murder of George Floyd and Subsequent Riots

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: The BANNED — Hemphill Sent: 6/26/2020 11:24:01 PM

As if I needed to say anymore about Soros at this point...

So nice.. so progressive..

Messenger: The BANNED — Hemphill Sent: 6/27/2020 1:51:43 AM

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer pandered SO HARD for George Floyd.... That they FORGOT HS NAME!!!!!

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/29/2020 8:34:18 AM

Russia offered cash rewards to Taliban fighters to kill US troops in Afghanistan

Apparently, you guys forgot or don't know the history between the US and Russia. I'm not surprised agent H loves Russia and thinks Putin never did anything wrong. But Put is a former KGB Intelligence Operative. Do you imagine that he doesn't know how to pretend to be the good guy in public while making all these secret covert moves against the US?

@Carter

Are you okay with this? Are you okay with Russia putting bounties on US Troops? Is this the actions of an ally? What you should understand is that Russia doesn't like America. Period. So all this propaganda that they weren't guilty of meddling in our elections? That was Russian propaganda. Do you think its impossible for Russia to start, influence, or manipulate conspiracy theories?? EVEN YOU could start, influence, or manipulate a conspiracy theory. Do you think a government couldn't?

Don't let Putin play you. I think Lee Camp is funny but there is a reason why he started pushing pro-Russian propaganda and its because he was working for RT. And we (because I'm including myself) simply got too relaxed watching it. But that doesn't mean that everything you watch on there (or anywhere) is true.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/29/2020 8:51:47 AM

Now here's a question for CarterBlunt and agent H. Answer if you can.

How is it that any news story reported by actual journalism that is against Trump, Putin, Racism, Climate, etc. why is are these stories never originating from conspiracy theories?

In other words... why are there no conspiracy theories exposing certain things? How come we only find out about those certain things from personal videos and credible sources? But not conspiracy theory channels, blogs, podcasts, etc.?

If I'm wrong and conspiracy theories haven't been infiltrated and taken over by right wing propaganda then why aren't more conspiracy theories in support of anything that is against right wingers?

Think about it. And hey, if I'm wrong, give me some stories to prove it.

Most conspiracy theories are pro-active against large groups of liberals or wealthy or influential liberals. But when a story comes out that hurts conservatives conspiracy theorists are reactionary and produce theories in defense of their political ideology. So either no one having their ideology is EVER wrong or they're defending their ideology more than the truth.

So if you can't explain why this is then why do you think conspiracy theories are a trustworthy and credible source of information? And even if 10 whistle blowers, 5 conservative and 5 liberal all gave information to conspiracy theorists, what would you think if the conspiracy theorists only publicized the 5 liberal stories exposing Republicans? Wouldn't you be mad? Wouldn't you think it was left-wing propaganda?

So why is it that you're okay with right-wing propaganda and think we should be too?

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 6/29/2020 9:08:31 AM

Look at the language they use, "intelligence says" "believed to have collected". I don't believe warmongering propaganda without evidence.

Do you have a problem with us reportedly killing over 200 Russians in Syria? I'm only hearing about 20 Americans, and no one has given any proof. Denials across the board. What happened to giving people the benefit of the doubt?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/29/2020 9:41:49 AM

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/29/2020 10:05:24 AM

@Carter

No offense but how old are you? I would have thought you would know that's not how intelligence agencies work. They can't reveal their sources or how they obtained that information as if they're going to bring charges in a US court. You're talking about completely different legal systems. They wouldn't tell the POTUS if it wasn't credible because POTUS could decide on any number of response options, including war. So do you really think that Trump's own intelligence agencies are going to lie or give bad information that could start armed conflict? Are you serious?

But when it comes to George Soros being a Nazi with no evidence of such... that's cool. They can call him a devil worshiping pedophile and you don't need to see evidence of that because to you he looks evil and creepy. And this double standard is okay because....?

You should read this:
https://fas.org/irp/offdocs/int006.html

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 6/29/2020 11:27:46 AM

Right wing propaganda is repulsive to me, and so is left wing propaganda. I would be considered left wing. Inevitably, all my favorite shows eventually become clickbait or propaganda, and I move on to the new people who are still outraged by it. But I don't automatically believe them either. I try very hard not to accept something as fact unless it has been demonstrated. And I'm constantly testing my views against public scrutiny, trying to find any weakness in my logic. Any assumptions I've been programmed with.

You asked if I ever saw conspiracy theories in "real" journalism, AKA corporate news. It's my view that all wars over the past several decades were built on conspiracy theories. I don't really have the patience to explain this one, if I need to. It's pretty common knowledge. We were lied into all these wars with the help of the mainstream media. Why would I believe them this time? They love war. When Trump bombed Syria without provocation, they called him "presidential".

You asked if I ever saw conspiracy theory sites with real information. Yes. There are things I notice now that I just wouldn't know existed. Say the golden ratio, geometric design as manipulation, numerology, cult symbolism. I've always been good at noticing patterns instinctively, but this gave me more of the picture. I didn't see it on mainstream media, or get taught it in school, I picked it up from random conspiracy nerds.

We could go into government coverups and lies, but those are also widely demonstrated. I could give you something crazy like UFOs, but there's already a Pentagon released video admitting it's real. The existence of false info doesn't negate an entire theory. In fact, false info is inevitable, because infiltrating agents are inevitable. A lot of people never learned critical thinking, so they might believe the false info mixed in. They may also have difficulty letting go of erroneous beliefs. It is what it is.

Conspiracy theory is just anything that goes against the "official" narrative. If you're saying we should always believe the "higher up" proven warmongering liars, I'm not smoking anywhere near enough of what you're smoking for that to sound like a good idea.

And for the record, I'm 34 y/o.

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 6/29/2020 1:41:12 PM

Oh, and yes, I let some hyperbolic statements slide. What was I to do? Argue back and forth with him for 2 pages on opinion based standards? He said he considers Soros a nazi. You are unlikely to change his mind. I got him to identify his standard and streamline it into a coherent argument, which I was surprised by. I expected more deflections, but he came direct and defended it to the best of his ability. Of course I'm not gonna reject him when he's trying to meet my standard, I'm gonna let him know he's doing better, and here's how he can improve more.

Some of your rebuttals about Soros were really repetitive to read, and even I started feeling embarrassed for how hard you're coming to the defense of corporate capitalism. No one really changes their mind in that exchange, it's dependent on a value judgment. You aren't just asking me to accept new facts, you're asking me to take on new opinions, about a top man in the system. It's more like you're trying to sheepdog me into babylon ideology, but I already been there and tried that, they said no thanks. At the end of the day, I still assume Soros is up to no good, and Hemphill is still Hemphill. There are root causes to this that aren't personal.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/29/2020 5:39:01 PM

Carter: You asked if I ever saw conspiracy theories in "real" journalism, AKA corporate news. It's my view that all wars over the past several decades were built on conspiracy theories.

No, that wasn't my question. I was asking you why conspiracy theorists since 9/11 never seem to report on things republicans are doing wrong. It's almost like Alex Jones (R) is only putting out pro Republican propaganda. As far as conspiracy theories in "real" journalism, you cannot make the same comparison. If the President says something it's "news", right or wrong. Some outlets can be rightfully criticismed for reporting on what POTUS says without offering any rebuttals or contradictions. This should have happened under Bush and WMDs and it didn't happen. But the problem wasn't the media making stuff up, but the media actually reporting on what the government said. Reporting on that isn't the same as saying that what THEY are saying is true.

Carter: When Trump bombed Syria without provocation, they called him "presidential".

Who? Fox News? You also have to keep in mind the difference (And I'm saying this out of fairness to actual journalists who work for Fox News) between Fox News... News... and Fox News hosts and contributors. Like Shep Smith? I hate his channel but I respect him.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/media/fox-news-shepard-smith/index.html

This article mentions Judge Andrew Napolitano and again... even though I hate his channel I respect Judge Andrew Napolitano. I'm not a partisan when it comes to actual conservative vs liberal philosophy. I think both ideologies have some good points. But I will always vote against racism and white supremacy which always makes me sound like a Democrat. Why? Because Republicans aren't the ones fighting racism and white supremacy. I wish they were but they're not.

The problem I have with Trump is that he is leading a personality cult. He's not a conservative. He's not morally conservative and he's not financially conservative. He even told people that he likes debt. But did he say that American banks don't want to loan him money? Of course not. He's getting loans from Russia and suddenly he's doing favors for Putin and getting favors from Putin. I don't think we've ever had a more corrupt POTUS. Agent H probably thinks I don't like him because he's a republican. No, I don't like him because he's a moron who was fed with a golden spoon all his life and he lack empathy. And I don't say that based on how he looks. I say that based on what he says and does. He just retweeted some video of a guy saying "white power". And we're supposed to vote for that? GTFOH.

Carter: There are things I notice now that I just wouldn't know existed. Say the golden ratio, geometric design as manipulation, numerology, cult symbolism. I've always been good at noticing patterns instinctively, but this gave me more of the picture. I didn't see it on mainstream media, or get taught it in school, I picked it up from random conspiracy nerds.

That's cool. I learned about the golden ratio from some weird source too; probably "Spirit Science" and then it seemed like they went completely off the deep end. That's the thing... There is an almost bottomless pit of "information" that parades itself as knowledge. In the black community there is what we call the "Conscious Community" and it is riddled with true and false information. I ended up as a Hebrew Israelite, in part, because of it. I only realized later that I needed to take sources of information more seriously and really be critical about everything because people were slipping lies in with truth in a way that made it harder to tell the difference. For example... You can see the all seeing eye being used on the dollar but because there's a pyramid, it is casually connected with false gods because Christians think anything that isn't in the bible is satanic and the Egyptians supposedly enslaved the Hebrews. So when they see that, to them, it has to be talking about satan. In reality it is symbolic of "divine providence". So yes, it is "God" watching over humanity but because Christians don't think the symbol refers to their God they turn it into something purely occult and pretend there's a massive conspiracy to explain its use.

https://trinitymemphis.org/2013/09/06/whats-up-with-that-masons-symbol/

So the truth is that the all seeing eye isn't even masonic in origin. They use it beceause of its prior use in Christianity since they are a combination of Christians, Muslims, and Jews. Benjamin Franklin was the only masonic member of the committee for the Great Seal and his design was rejected.

So like... they always give you a version of history and a version of the truth that is designed to reinforce their ideas and beliefs. The same thing happens with a lot of the non-academic "information" floating around the net. And when you say:

Conspiracy theory is just anything that goes against the "official" narrative. If you're saying we should always believe the "higher up" proven warmongering liars, I'm not smoking anywhere near enough of what you're smoking for that to sound like a good idea.

"just anything" is accurate. The party is that people make it up as they go along and it forms detail plots and people seem to forget that the information is not coming from leaks or credible sources. It's just people making up theories justifying their distrust of government. But my thing is, since the government is made up of people what makes them so different from the conspiracy theorists who are lying anonymously?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I