Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7311&start_row=1

Rasta as society

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/26/2020 9:31:38 AM

Could rasta ever work as an society?
In a new Bob Marley documentary he says: "We do not defend marxism nor capitalism We are strictly "RASTA"

In the end, I'm a little unsure. Dow does his opinion make sense? to compare two ideologies with rasta. Is rasta an ideology? Can a whole world live in a Rastafarian society. what does he mean??

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/26/2020 9:23:37 PM

Rastafari is a livity, not an ideology. A ideology is :a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.

Rasta livity is from JAH as creation is. Ideologies are man-made. Livity of rastafari people is guided by JAH, not by politics and man made governments. Man cannot govern what is up to JAH to govern and that is why governments never last long. What governs the season, the bees, the diversity within eco-systems? Man made governments cannot govern them, nature-creation is governed by JAH. These people and their governments cannot govern society, there is always revolutions and wars and uprisings because only JAH can govern society. This can only happen when people inner life wakes up to the voice of their conscious and hear and obey it more than politics and religions and media.

Rasta as society can only become a reality when people take back their sovereignty from governments. We will see this when people have land again, tax free.Its a good question. Rasta as society can only happen when the people of that society leave ideologies of different governments and come to JAH and live a livity that dis-empowers the governments.

Ideologies have a us and them mentality. Rastafari is a unity mentality.We cannot have rasta society until there are no more division of class, race, religion, and world citizenship.Right now Rastafari is living in tribes, families and individuals, scattered across the globe. Rasta has helped shape society for the better by helping forward organic vegan food, conscious music,and legalizing marijuana. There is so much more to contribute such as leadership, teaching, simplicity, spirituality, ancestry, history, vision. As for governments right now, if more Rasta can get into positions of leadership it will help. We need governments that promote self sustainability and self reliance, governments that get out of the way and are there to help and not hinder society. The best governments for society are the ones that are least needed and least hated. This is also a marker for a societys spiritual maturity. The more rasta a society is the less police and courts will be needed because people can work things out between themselves without needing police and courts to help

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/28/2020 7:02:00 AM

But what about light in your home or if af murderer took the life of some of your family. Would you choose to drink a chemical thing that could save your life from dying?

Im just curious about these things

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/29/2020 9:21:17 AM

In many ancient tribes, if someone commited a crime such as rape or murder they woykd be banished from the community which of its self was a type of death sentance as the perpetrators life and identity was interdependent upon the tribe and community.

We alwahs choose life over death, as long as the chemical yhing does nkt turn us intk the living dead. Chemotherapy, Iij beleive does this, it kills just as much as it saves. We must noy try to save the body to the extent we lose our soul. The righteous would rather die than to commit a certain sin/wrong. Therby they live eternally though the temleral body vehicle will inevitably perish.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/31/2020 11:06:23 AM

Give much Thanks

you say "Man cannot govern" But what about King Haile Selassie I? The master we all follow. I know many I's believe he is god. I personally share the same view as Prof I "Did selassie create the earth? No, but we give thanks and praises to HIM cuz he IS the GREATEST black man who ever walked on the earth so we give praises to HIM for that power"

So as I see him as god in flesh like I see you as god in flesh, Like I see I self as god in flesh can this argument work? "Man cannot govern" If the I dosen't see HIM as GOD? Im very curious about that one

Give Thanks

Jah RasTafarI

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/1/2020 6:15:19 PM

Many humans have come into harmony and alignment with the laws of nature, and their creator. Coinciding with other life we know there is a power that keeps balances and checks in every eco system, the human body, and the entire earth.

Gubernare is the root word for government meaning: Direct, rule, and guide. There is a supreme power directing the sun, moon, stars, atoms, river and blood flows, heart beats and respiratory systems. It processes everything we see hear smell and touch. This almighty power formed us all and our youth in the wombs of our mothers. To identify with this power of the mind body soul, the sun moon and stars, the mother father and child, is to identify with JAH. We know Haile Selassie, Ras Tafari was a man yet became much more....always was much more...

We are children of the most high. Babylons lies unteach us to forget this. Our original commandment was to obey, to not go astray, as the sails of a ship move together so our mind body soul must. Our families must move together in unity, our society must unite and move as one not fussing and fighting playing tuga war with eachother when the allmighty want to pull us all right. A healthy mind mind and spirit in in one accord. This is Rasta society and The Kings is real. The King of Kings is real.We are Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses. For this society to really show up we all must realize our common aim. Our common truth. Stop fighting over ideologies and surrender to this power that organizes cells based upon divine genetic code like genesis is a code for creation.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."
-Isaiah 9:6-7

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/1/2020 6:51:06 PM

simply put, man cannot govern. Man can only surrender to JAH who can govern. The more one humbles oneself, the more exalted one becomes. See the lamb exalted to the throne. The lamb shall roar is a nyabhinhi chant. The more we surrender to JAH Rastafari the more mystic powaz we achieve.

Hear Dezarie sing about this, our identity:

https://youtu.be/B1aHRRkG4hw

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/19/2020 11:39:16 PM

Transcend your dangerous and impersonal ideological identification and start to live as true individuals in the world.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/20/2020 12:07:01 PM

Yes Idren Jesse! Well said!
Transcend the physical nature which needed a ruler and move into a spiritual state of being where we intuit right from wrong and we always choose right. It can only happen on a personal level but it will happen on a global level once it happens on an individual level for each person. So we really need to involve ourselves with the inward journey to rediscover the direct link with the Most I and maintain that vibration always. As within, so without. As we tune our own vibrations higher, it helps others around us to do the same. When we talk about government paradigms, all of them will fall short because they all operate on a material level. Humanity has reached a graduation point and it's time for us to function from a spiritual level. And then no one will have to say to the other, Know JAH, because all will know within themselves. And on a social level, it naturally happens that like will attract like. Your lifestyle will attract people of the same one, you will naturally form a community. So it really is all about working on yourself and seeing how that inward work manifests into the physical.
Selahsay I

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I