Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7307&start_row=251

The Pandemic

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 268
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 7/19/2020 11:16:27 AM

BLESSED LOVE IDREN

“There is nothing as precious to a man as sound mind in a sound body. And it is essential that the physical well-being of our people merits as much attention as its spiritual welfare. In this respect, considerable attention is being paid to the promotion of public health. Most of the diseases that affect the health of the Ethiopian people can be controlled through preventative measures. That is why the public health programme drawn up by the Government leans more towards preventative measures. At the same time, however, curative measures directed towards adequately caring for the sick were never lacking. Many health stations and clinics were opened in various parts of the country in 1963 E.C., in accordance with the plan to strengthen the rural public health service. Various public health institutions were also strengthened financially and materially. Hospitals currently being built in Arba Mintch, Asbe Teferi and Bale Goba are expected to be completed and to render full medical services within the next two years. Over 500 Ethiopians who completed various courses of study in the different medical professions and vocations in the year 1963 E.C., are rendering meritorious services to the people by working in the country’s medical institutions as physicians, pharmacists, health officers, nurses, medical inspectors, and in other capacities.

There was an outbreak of cholera in some parts of Ethiopia at the beginning of the year 1963 E.C. The Ethiopian government successfully combatted the epidemic and speedily brought it under control by mobilizing its human and material resources and by judiciously utilizing the assistance rendered by international organizations. Thanks to the effective measures taken to control the epidemic in a relatively short period of time, the World Health Organization has designated Ethiopia as a cholera-free zone. The exemplary spirit of cooperation on the part of Our people and other organizations in this remarkable endeavor deserves to be highly commended.

We recall that the Malaria Eradication Service was established in Our country many years ago. In like manner, a three-year programme aimed at eradicating smallpox for Ethiopia was launched in 1963 E.C., in accordance with the plans of operation formulated after making a thorough study of the situation. And now, medical and public health personnel specifically designated for this operation are vaccinating people in all provinces. It is hoped that smallpox would be eradicated from Ethiopia in the coming years.”

-HIM Haile Selassie I- November 3, 1971. Annual Nation-Wide Address 1971

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I GUIDE INI

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 7/19/2020 12:30:41 PM

Post 1974 Ethiopia was turned to waste and famine. After the Emperor got dethroned, Africans started dying. The organisations are babylon. He came unto his own and his own recieveth HIM not. Why is this? Why was the Emperor arrested?

The very organizations that were set up to protect InI and keep us safe are betraying InI. Post 1974 and these organizations are not what they used to be. They are corrupt and run by the evil masonry of the devil worshippers. InI refuse to wear a mask and refuse to be part of a wicked babylonia cult system. The illuminati and freemasonry organisations are not to be trusted. These are evil devil worshippers.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/20/2020 2:12:13 PM

MELCHEZIDEK said:
This is a corrupt system InI don't want to wear a mask the babylon system is evil and corrupt. InI won't bow down to no babylon system. InI must protect the nature by all means. Herbs are the healing of the nation. Babylon system wants to mess Ivery I. Babylon will fall down.

@MELCHEZIDEK

This kind of post is sad to see. Why? Because it confuses Babylon, the system, with people who are doing their jobs and who are trying to save lives; trying to do good and not evil. It is evil to let people die when those deaths can be avoided. There is a reason why we call Babylon evil and wicked. But we have no right to call it that if we our choosing the same path of evil and wickedness.

THOUGHT EXPERIMENT:

If YOU had discovered the cure to COVID-19, hypothetically. How would you share that with the world? I assume you would want to share it with the world. Right? But you'd have a problem. How would you even tell the world? And then how would you produce enough of the cure to save the countless people who need it?

Well even if you had a cure, no one knows you so no one knows if you're credible or not. So they would need some system of testing to qualify your solution before masses of people used it, thinking that was all they needed to do and nothing more. Because it would literally kill people if all they thought they needed to do was eat a dandelion leaf and they did nothing else. And how would so many people hear of this cure after vetting it? You'd need some kind of system.

I guarantee you that it was a real person in China who discovered COVID-19. That person had to report it to their government. That person would have had a desire to protect their friends and family and their community at large. That... person... not a government... not a system... deserves to be heard just as you would be if you had the cure.

You see, its not that I love or defend any government or organization. I see how they are corrupt and the individuals who corrupt them. But I also see everything. I see the individuals who try to do the right thing. I see the individuals who try to create better policies and make improvements. Generations protest so that new people can get into office who are influenced by that generation of protesters and who can push better ideas forward.

But these systems are good and evil because people are good and evil. So you can't look at everything and make blanket judgments based on a song. That is not righteous judgment. That is prejudice. If it's wrong, you should be able to examine it, analyze it, and explain HOW it's wrong so that someone, maybe not you, can FIX IT. If you don't care about it being fixed then the reasonable conclusion is that you're perfectly fine with it as is and you want to conserve it just like conservatives in the GOP. Me, I don't like it and that's why I want to change it. And I'm not waiting for someone with magical powers to save us before that happens.

Whenever that Chinese person discovered a problem in Wuhan, they had to report it. Eventually, their government had to get involved because that's the only way to keep large numbers of people safe. It is why we consent to having governments in the first place; of ANY kind. And WE the people give them power to protect us. That is their primary duty. So when China learned of it they had to protect their own people. They didn't react because they care about you, wherever you live. They had to react to their own problem.

But in doing so they knew it was going to escape their borders and therefore it would be irresponsible if they didn't notify other governments. They weren't going to call you personally and tell you that you should probably wear a mask. No, government deal with other governments. It is your government's responsibility to keep you safe. Their responsibility ended when they notified your government.

THIS IS A PANDEMIC.

So stop thinking about coronavirus as though the government is the one telling you this virus exists. That's not the source. It wasn't made up in the back room of some politician's office. It was a real person who got sick, real people that tested that person, and real people that said this was a new virus. So this is coming from real people that had to report this. A government or 2 or 10 or all... doesn't change that fact.

And Donald Trump, if you want to talk about evil, asked his staff why don't they just let the disease "wash over" the country. In other words, he weighed the option of not doing ANYTHING, knowing that people would die. This is not a hoax. This is not a drill. This is not fake news. If you don't like government, fine. If you don't want to be told what to do, fine. If you want to run stop signs and red lights and drive drunk, all because you hate authority... as long as you don't live near other humans, I'm fine with that too. But if you want to do 100mph in a school zone, engage in human trafficking and rape, and a thousand other things most governments have laws against in order to protect public safety then I have a problem with that. The government shouldn't have to say it. You should always want to do what's right. Be the righteous man I know you want to be. But even though the government shouldn't have to say it they still... have to say it. And so even though Trump would rather pretend its not a problem, the numbers tell a different story. The numbers... and let's just say "SCIENCE"... is telling you that WE need to wear masks in order to limit the spread. If we would have done it earlier on and seriously, it would not have killed as many people. And if you think those people aren't dead, just remember that real people have families. Real people are missed. Real people have gotten sick. Real people have friends who are currently sick. And real people don't want you to get sick or spread it to your family. Because real people have doctors in their family and real people have seen stories of people who doubted and now they and their families are sick.

And if being wasn't potentially fatal I wouldn't care so much. But in this case, being wrong is POTENTIALLY FATAL. We are all part of nature. We should all protect each other. We should all love each other. Love each other enough to wear a mask. Because you can get it and not even known. So just wear the mask and stop acting like its killing you. It's at most inconvenient, but it's not killing you. COVID can kill. Masks cannot.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/20/2020 2:26:01 PM

Cedric: That is why the public health programme drawn up by the Government leans more towards preventative measures.

Good post

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 8/24/2020 12:51:49 AM

Blessed

Yes I

InI will not wear a mask.

InI face is natural.

A mask is unnatural.

JAH Blessed

ONE LOVE

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/24/2020 10:07:17 AM

@Mel

Your whole body is natural but that doesn't mean everyone needs to see it.

If you skiing or you climbed a high mountain where its cold at the top, you wouldn't wear a mask to protect your face??

You seem to think people are asking you to wear a mask under NORMAL CONDITIONS.

They are not.

You're being asked to wear a mask in close proximity to other humans under the extreme condition of a PANDEMIC, with a virus that doesn't currently have a cure.

Does it kill everyone it touches? No. No one is saying that. But there are people who are more likely to die if they get it. And why shouldn't we care about those who are the most vulnerable? What kind of society are we if we don't care about who lives and dies as long as we don't have to be slightly inconvenienced?

I don't understand why you can't think of being outside in the virus like being outside in the winter time. I don't know where you live. Maybe you've never experienced a cold winter and have no idea what it's like. But if you do then you know it is common for people to wear hats, gloves, coats, and sometimes even boots. We dress for the ENVIRONMENT. Ethiopians do it. Eskimos do it. An Ethiopian doesn't go to an Eskimos igloo without dressing like the Eskimo.

Who cares what you want to wear? It's not all about you!

I do want you to be safe. Don't get me wrong. I love you as a fellow human being.

But if you get infected because you don't care enough about your own health, then I don't want you infecting other people when that can eventually get back to my friends and family who may not survive like you might.

I don't have to but I'm wearing a mask right now, just under my nose. My mask happens to be terribly comfortable. Not everyone's is, but you can look around until you find one that is more comfortable. When I need to I pull it up over my nose. That's it. Because when people at the office look at me they shouldn't have to be thinking in the back of their minds, "What if he has it?"

a mask is unnatural? Really? We playing this game?

So are:
shoes
watches
hats
sunglasses
prescription eyeglasses
gloves
underwear
pants
bras
shirts
coats
scarves
suspenders
belts
socks
bracelets
necklaces
ties / bow ties

And I don't have to stop there. I could talk about:
bandaids
water filters
air purifiers
cars
chairs
houses
computers
phones
hammers, screwdrivers, and other tools
fishing poles, nets, hooks, and other fishing gear
traffic signals
elevators
egg cartons
cameras
televisions
games

and the list goes on and on. I mean why even invent anything if anything we create isn't natural and therefore, in someone's mind, shouldn't be used?

But then again... why do we have fingers and thumbs if not as tools to manipulate? Why do we have more advanced brains than chimps and gorillas... why do we even have the natural ability and capacity to invent things like masks to help us SURVIVE if that invention is "unnatural"?

NO, all these things are natural because we are natural and we, being part of creation, created all these things for our own benefit, protection, and survival.

Now if you want to move to a tree somewhere and live naked in the wild, I ain't mad at you. Do you. 100%. But since you're using a computer of some kind to post about a piece of fabric that is more natural than the computer you're using to communicate VERY unnaturally over long distances, the level of hypocrisy imho is off the charts. And you should really examine yourself and your life, that you think this is okay.

And if I sound harsh, I'm sorry. It is out of love and concern for the human family.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 8/24/2020 11:10:32 AM

The problem I have with masks is that I start to imagine what lies beneath them, and I fear other people doing the same.

People might imagine that you are sick and then you become sick through the activation of thought processes.

However, if you see the need for protection then by all means wear a mask.

I remember at school I used to wear thick jumpers and heavy woollen coat even in Summer.

People see different levels of threat. Sometimes the least threatening is to go naked.

Give thanks.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/26/2020 9:38:21 AM

go naked near a school and you will be tagged as a child predator. Go naked outside a single woman's window and you will be arrested as a dangerous stalker, possibly a rapist.

Everything depends and is relative to CONTEXT.

The context of wearing masks is a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

We're not wearing masks for fun. We're not wearing masks because we love Halloween. People who imagine you're sick should be wearing masks too. So why should they imagine something that they aren't? And anyways... who cares? You can't fix other people's ignorance. If they can't understand that you're wearing a cloth mask for their health and safety then that's on them. But they should be wearing it for your safety because no one knows who's sick just by looking at them. That's the whole point. You don't have to have symptoms.

To be honest, it's best to assume everyone has it. That way you keep your distance. That's #1. If they're not wearing a mask then I would stay 8 feet away if possible.

The bottom line is that we're talking about small particles you can't see. These particles will come out of the nose and mouth. If you're close enough to smell someone's bad breath then whether they have bad breath or not you're breathing in particles that were circulating through their respiratory system. COVID-19 is a respiratory virus. So once it gets in someone it multiplies until it has multiplied enough to be contagious.

The mask doesn't stop covid. It simply slows it down so that it cannot travel as far out of the body before it falls to the ground. This makes things safer for everyone.

A lot of people don't want to do this because of convenience and honestly because they're being told to do it and they picking pandemic to act like we don't have laws in our society and everyone has freedom to do whatever they want. It's never been that way. And when AIDS was spreading people were warned to use protection. Buju even made a song about putting a rubber on your willy because "AIDS a go round and me don't want catch it".

No one had a problem with that message of safety. And this was before there were better condoms that didn't take so much away from the sensation. But the more you get to actually know someone first the more likely you're going to know if they have an STD. But deciding not to be cautious at all because it infringes upon your freedom?? No one had that reaction. People understood the risk and took precautions. The only reason why people today, I believe, are attacking the warnings and precautionary measures, under conditions where you can die faster from covid than you ever could from HIV, is because of Donald J Trump and Conspiracy Theorists pushing propaganda that COVID-19 is not something you should worry about or protect yourself from.

It has been downplayed by the administration from the beginning. Trump announced he wasn't going to wear one himself because it wasn't "mandatory". And so what happened? Governors and mayors had to step in and make sure businesses were either being safe or shut down. And yes, much of the shut down had a lot to do with people not wearing masks and social distancing because if people had been doing those things from the beginning we would not have seen the number of cases we have; as well as the number of deaths.

As of today the number of deaths is over 182,000 people. This is compared to the 32,000 flu deaths during the 2018-2019 season reported by the CDC. Not comparable. I personally know 2 people who contracted the covid virus and heard of a friend of a friend who died from it. So it is real and it is no joke. Wearing a mask is really the least anyone can do. And it's important to understand that what I'm saying is not to be right or to say I told you so. It's simply because I want as many of us to stay safe as possible. I have no agenda other than that.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 8/26/2020 11:26:16 AM

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 8/26/2020 11:41:07 AM

Scientists claim to have made a huge breakthrough in the search for a coronavirus treatment - in the form of cannabis.

Scientists from the University of Lethbridge claim to have found strong strains of cannabis that could help prevent and then treat COVID-19.

Cannabis can reduce the virus’ entry points to the body by up to 70%, according to the researchers.

Igor Kovalchuk told the Calgary Herald: “Therefore, you have more chance to fight it.

“Our work could have a huge influence - there aren’t many drugs that have the potential of reducing infection by 70 to 80 percent.”

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/amp/health-science/article/2001372374/coronavirus-strong-strains-of-cannabis-could-prevent-and-treat-virus

https://www.medcitynews.com/2020/07/canadian-researchers-believe-cbd-could-help-to-fight-covid-19-infections/

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 268

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I