Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7251&start_row=11

Religion or spiritual liverty

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rakamau Na Ras Sent: 1/31/2020 12:39:00 PM

"But are you saying that encouraging people to kill is love?"

No my friend I am not saying that. Let me mention many countries in Africa do death penalty or prison time to gays. So what's the difference of Sizzla using one of these African form in his lyrics to expressed how the I feel?

Before you answer you might want to ask yourself do you think gays deserve death penalty? I will answer yes, because I'm not having my emotions ruling over my mind. Look how so many lost thier ways. Turning out to be LGBT. A nasty way of life that the Europeans spread thier nasty ways to our childrens.

The death penalty is a lesson to learn. Africans knew if they don't do anything about the disease then it will spread. Now look at America instead of finding a cure for this illness they advertised this sickness to thier children's. So many women being bi and thinking it's alright. Feeding the flesh while killing the spirit.

I say let Sizzla do his thing. His lyrics
fall into the same concept of the African death penalty. Just in a different approach. He's burning out that badmind thinking.

That video you share, personally I do not listen to those type of music talking about guns, pills, drugs, etc. It only reminds me the sadness as we as Africans have lost our ways.

This what only urge a Rasta, and Pan-Africans to try harder to save the minds of the next generations. We know where we are coming from so it's our mission to bring the people back home.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 1/31/2020 1:36:28 PM

But you and I will never know the mindset of a gay man. You can never know if a man is born gay or choose it. Only jah know

To be born retarted is not natural. To be born handicapped is not natural. Who says that you can't be born gay? I can never know. Cuz I am not Jah and I am not gay.

So I see it in this way. When man support dead to gays man support dead to someone he dosen't know

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/30/2020 11:20:31 AM

First of all InI give thanks for all answers meaning a lot to the I

I would like to continue this thread if some of the I's wa fi join innit
The South African Midas H. Chawane have made an article about Rastafari liverty vs religion. (he thinks it's a religion) He say himself it's Rastafari's religious character that maintains its existence.

- Midas: "But when other aspects of the definitions are used, such as a unified system of beliefs and practices, Rastafarianism qualifies as a religion. Rastafarians' objection to classify their movement as a religion is that of institutionalizing religion into a church (Harrison 2006: 132-152), however, this cannot be true because in South Africa there are Rastafarian churches which are known as houses with branches in most townships"

Now I would not call it a religion I self, cuz our so called "churches" is not holy in any way, but a place where we can share our spirituality, learn from each other and play good Nyabingi. But InI overstand why its hard to discern if we look ahead

-Midas: " When looking at the definition of the concept religion, it does not exclude Rastafarianism. Considering that there are remarkable similarities between Rastafarianism and other religious movement especially Judaism and Christianity, it can be concluded that Rastafarianism possesses enough features to be called a religious movement. The fact that Rastafarianism is concerned with the economic and political aspects of human existence does not disqualify it as a religion, considering that both African and liberation theologies are concerned with similar issues but they are still classified as religious movements."

-Midas: "Most aspects of Rastafarianism such as dreadlocks, the use of sacrament, the concept of Zion and Babylon, its association with Zionism, Haile Selassie and the Solomonic Dynasty all makes it more of a religious movement. What makes Rastafarianism a religious movement is that it is grounded on religious principles that they share with other religious movements. What can be said thus, is that Rastafarianism is a religion that concentrates not only in the spiritual lives of its adherents but also their history, political, social and economic lives."

So the dreadlocks we can cut out cuz yuh nuh need dread to be rasta, but all these spiritual tobics holding the movement together in the end as religious principles?

Well
What do you think?
What is your view

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/30/2020 9:26:29 PM

Being born retarded may be seen as 'natural' as these things can usually be traced to 'spontaneous' genetic mutuations or chromosomal mismatch (trisomy 21...) making one prone to Cerebral palsy or Down syndrome etc. Easily you see bow subjective the idea of these manifestations being 'natural' may be.

But not with buggerism.

There has yet to be an identifiable 'gay' genetic code. There have been some studies to suggest genes which can affect sexual BEHAVIOR but not PREFERENCE

According to studies of child development (Freud, Kinsey), babies are born A-sexual (without sexuality, as opposed to the other meaning of asexual without human sex organs).

To suggest people come out of the womb with sexual preference does sound crazy doesn't it? There is no such thing as a gay-baby no clinical or laboratory based study can predict the sexuality of a baby any more than placing a bet. But once you start to factor certain environmental factors, things get more predictable....
Homosexualism is a learned behavior. Which is why > 50% of gays with a genetically identical twin do not share their sexual preference.

Sodom and Gomorrah
Don't be Lots wife

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/30/2020 10:34:54 PM

To suggest people come out of the womb with sexual preference does sound crazy doesn't it? There is no such thing as a gay-baby no clinical or laboratory based study can predict the sexuality of a baby any more than placing a bet. But once you start to factor certain environmental factors, things get more predictable....

Homosexualism is a learned behavior

RAW TRUTH

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/31/2020 11:27:05 AM

Haha "Gay baby" No fucking way hahaha xD
I am also against all the corruption the West is spreading as more genders, feminism to young children simply erases the truth. Don't get me wrong.

I feel you, But I just can't imagine why gays would go so far as getting killed by
referring to themselfs as gays. A rich babylonian oppressor wouldn't walk out in the free in the risk of getting killed in the same way. Something rumbling in my head when it comes to that topic. Now I se how LGBT destroys, but I don't see how a gay man who go to his job everyday and let everything happen in the bedroom ruins me as straight youth

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 4/1/2020 12:00:58 AM

The gay muslim loosing his family and then pray to Allah: "
Please help me out of homosexuality I have done everything and I don't know what to do"

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/2/2020 7:33:04 PM

IPX Ninja said: "When we, as humans, try these one size fits all approaches, that's when we become intolerant to those who are different and eventually those who are different inevitably rebel against that singular order. Wars between brothers. Wars between families. Wars between nations. So if you ask me, having an individualized approach within the context of religions that are more like open-source ways of life and/or schools of thought, that accept and do not dictate spirituality... it is the biggest competition to the old world, old school religions because it has the potential to bring harmony and healing to the world."

This is a real crucial point.No matter what race, religion, creed, culture, denomination people are from we need to be able to reason, argue, debate, discuss, and understand eachother. Putting ones self in another shoes or trying to see from anothers perspective and how they think will make you more able to help them think differently. We don;t need to blow eachother up and burn out anything and everyone that is different before trying first to get on their level and in doing so able to guide them to higher heights or in getting into their level find your self up higher! Unity is not possible without humility. Each one teach one and each one learn from one!

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 4/4/2020 12:54:56 PM

Give Thanks

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I