Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7223&start_row=11

Why does God want worship?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/20/2019 4:07:24 AM

Jahcub, if I offended you I apologize. That was not my intent. I don't get mad at people but rather ideas can offend me and I may go hard on those ideas in response. But you're a good man with wisdom and intelligence. I'm not trying to take anything away from you or make you feel slighted. I enjoy hearing from you.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/20/2019 8:44:55 AM

All is well IXPninja, give thanks

You have not offended me. And I enjoy reading your posts, you are very thoughtful and intelligent, like GA said, if you wrote a book I'd read it. So it's each one teach one Iyah, respect.

It takes me awhile to respond sometimes, I often start a response and have to stop and deal with others, and so it's a lot of stop and go before I post something. Thus the blank post response, I must have hit the "post message" button when the phone was in my pocket.

I will respond to your post when I can get some time for that, InI could reason long time, I sight that bro. So just a quick response for now. I don't limit JAH. JAH has no limits. So I don't try and put limits on JAH. Seen?

I don't limit JAH to the stories in the Bible, nor do I limit myself to studying the Bible only. Reading scriptures from all of Earth's people. Every culture has their stories and experiance with JAH. They may say another name, and JAH has many names, still InI know when we are dealing with JAH or if we are dealing with some egomaniac claiming to be God, or just one aspect, a part and parcel of JAH. And I ain't talking about "Ye are gods, children of the Most High"; for that is InI truly, humans are called to be Christ like, gods, Children of the Most High.

I love to learn about JAH about divinity about the soul about the spiritual and the natural. And so I study history and herstory, ourstory and therestory; reason it out and then apply. Experience is the greatest teacher.

This is turning into a longer post lol.

Have you ever read the book of Jasher? Jasher retells the biblical stories from 2nd Gensis through Exodus. It gives greater details of those stories than the Bible does. It tells much more about Nimrod and the Tower of Babel.

Got to go, just wanted to get a response to you so you know InI are cool Iyah.

Iron sharpen Iron
Respect

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/21/2019 4:42:29 AM

Much respect.

I was happy to read your post for multiple reasons. I'm glad you weren't offended first and foremost. Secondly, I apologize for assuming (from previous posts) that you were restricted to the bible's version of history and God. It is good to hear that you're not limited in your thinking.

You strike me as someone who is very well studied and continues to seek knowledge and that's my favorite kind of people. It also makes me happy that we can openly have these discussions and nobody's bent out of shape because they get defensive about their beliefs or they think they need to defend God or enforce their view of God on others. This leads to violence; intellectual then eventually physical.

I have to commend everyone on this site to some degree.

To answer your question, I have not read all of the apocrypha. To be honest with you, before I could do that I went through a shift in consciousness. It made me rethink everything I knew about the main characters of the bible and their motivations. I started to understand the politics of the bible and not just the religion. My brain started analyzing information as if God didn't exist because before I just took it for granted that they knew and heard from God. Why else would they say these things?

You hit the nail on the head when you said "history". Once I understood these were stories told by (human) men things started making more sense as providing justification for things that men wanted to do and I became convinced that men were willing to lie (like Abram did) in order to justify a particular outcome.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/21/2019 5:14:58 AM

I'm going to go deeper on issues with the bible and other books in a new thread since it goes pretty far of the current topic. It'll be called, "Using Got to Justify Human behavior".

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/21/2019 12:42:09 PM

Lots of wicked things have been done using God as a justification. A lot of good has been done same way.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/21/2019 6:47:14 PM

if you tell me something is omnipotent and omnipresent ..... then how can that thing WANT for anything?

To claim that an alleged supernatural all powderful being wants worship is more far off than saying the earth wants worship or this table wants worship.

And how do ones know?

This is all Western monotheistic foolishness.

Rastafari don't get caught in the trap

"GOD" is man
Haile Selassie I InI praise not a ghost not a supernatural being

InI praise him because he is I king by birthright, and for divine reflections of self InI see through him. Black excellence at its height and in this time. That's why. Not because he 'wants worship' none at all Haile Selassie never tell anyone to worship him.

the question irritates me.

but I know why it was asked lol

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/21/2019 6:59:38 PM

I worship Life by living

I worship Truth by being honest with myself and others

I worship the Way by taking it

JAH is the Way, the Truth and the Life

There is none more honest- JAH is the Truth

There is none more Loving- for JAH is Love

There is none more alive- for JAH is the Life of the Living

I keep the commandments not just because JAH gave them to I

I keep the commandments because it is the right thing to do

Honor your parents- your ancestors- your source

We cannot escape worship- everything wants our worship:

idols, demons, depression, pride, arrogance, hate, anger, jealousy, money, celebrities, politicians, bosses, gurus, duppies, egos, idealogies, and so much more....But......in time.....

All knees shall bow and all tongues confess JAH is the highest

"Now blessed is the lord thy God and blessed all thee that do his work.
And he receiveth who have recieveth who have sent we.
And he receiveth who have sent thee and recieveth the Lord thy God

Giving i-ses to Haile Selassie the 1st

Knee Shall bow and every tongue shall tell, Jah he is the highest
Father thanks for all that you have done
And for what you're doing now, well
I'm not saying I might not be wrong again
But I promise this time I'll be a better friend

For all the loving and the joy he brings
He guide and protect us along the way
Making provision for us everyday
So on your knees, every life must pray
You hear what I say
I can't thank you enough mighty shepherd
Your love can't be measured
There are no words to describe you
But we bless thee for your everlasting shield

Emperor God Selassie the 1st
Jesus Christ in his kingly character
Nuh come as a lamb to be slaughtered
Head cook and bokkle wash and bull buck and duppy conqueror
Alpha and Omega, Ashanti I, Jah!
Rastafari liveth in the heart of I and I,
Jah shall break their band asounder
And cast away all their bad thoughts from us"
-Garnett Silk, Christ in hi Kingly Character

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/21/2019 7:25:11 PM

I worship life by living

respect Jesse

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/22/2019 6:22:58 PM

The tree root metaphor was not to imply that JAH needs to be watered, or that JAH is lacking somehow. Rather it was to imply that when we nurture and serve the Divine within ourselves and within all life, then the whole body, and all life benefits from it.

Sure if we leave a tree alone and no tend to it, it will eventually get water and it will rely on whatever nutrients nature provides. However when some nurtures that tree, giving love to those roots; then that tree in return gives an abundance of fruit. By serving the root of the tree, the whole tree and all those that eat the fruit of that tree benefit and are sustained.

By serving JAH, JAH who is the Giver and Keeper of Life, and the ultimate source
of All things; then all life benefits.

One then thinks, moves, works, and plays in harmony with life.

Hmm... How about another tree metaphor haha. To birds are sitting in a tree. One bird is enjoying the fruits of the tree, so much that it doesn't even notice the bird sitting right next to it. It may have felt the presence of the other bird a little, may even of caught a glimpse, however the little bird soon looses interest in the other bird and goes right back to eating the fruit; the other bird sits, quietly observing, waiting patiently.

Messenger: Mineral B Sent: 12/28/2019 9:02:17 PM

So there where will be no enemy.
La illah Allah lah

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I