Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7222&start_row=21

What are your views on homosexuality?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/19/2021 9:30:04 PM

True its not about casting stones at eachother, its about sharpening eachother, questioning, putifying, correcting, rebuking...I expect brethren and sistren to show tough love to I When I am slippng in any way shape or form on the trod. More ises

I must also raise the point, are we all born sinners or do we all choose to sin...? we're all born with freedom of choice and free will and some say we are born with innate goodness too....one thing I know is we cannot forsake our power, our power is a free will
power of choice, the voice of concious that is the Law above all man made laws (which Bob Marley refered to as illegal). Our power of choice and the power of our agency to rule our destiny, this we cannot forsake.

Many seek freedom from JAH and the imandmends, precepts and instructions ....some seek freedom from what keeps us from living up in them

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 7/19/2021 11:42:18 PM

HazelWell,

You say you are a Rasta, but if you were a Rasta then you world accept RastafarI way.  The trod and livity of Rastafari is not the way of LGBTQ. If you are going to trod RastafarI, then it is you who must accept RastafarI way; it is not RastafarI who must accept your way.

Would you walk and start yelling at the road for not going the direction that you are stepping? It is you who must step in accordance with the direction of the road, the road will not change direction for you. The road stays the same.

RastafarI is about life and Iration, Original man and womban, roots vibration, the natural order, His Majesty and Her Majesty being crowned the same day. The cosmic masculine and feminine energies linking together in Inity and bringing forth life and Iration. JAH made it so.

There is no life in man being with man or womban being with womban, no Iration. There is only death in that, because life cannot be created from it. Seen?
In order for there to be life, male and female, man and wombman must come together as one flesh, the two become one and make three. A child is born. Children cannot come from same sex/gender relations, there is no life in that, only death.

RastafarI choose and chant life over death.

JAH Love and Guidance
More Overstanding and Wisemind
More Life

Menen I
Selassie I
JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 7/20/2021 2:48:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhxgeEF55ww&ab_channel=Perer90

Sodom And Gomorrah is when they start promoting it to children

Let we hear the voice of the angel

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/24/2021 11:52:24 PM

Who is moderating these days?

You let a thing describe itself as a sodomite trans 'Rasta' ?

Everytime Babylon infiltrate InI must identify and remove it swiftly

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/25/2021 12:48:18 AM

Removed.
All who have a problem can ask me

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 7/25/2021 11:46:21 PM

Give thanks. Pure CONfusion that one came here with. Claim to be Rasta when truly they hate Rasta.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/26/2021 10:34:29 AM

ahhh...

but some things in nature are confusing. Who said homosexuality wasn't natural?

I used to think it wasn't natural. Don't get me wrong.

Like you said, it doesn't promote life.

However, viruses don't promote life either and they are also natural.

I don't know about "this virus" but not every virus is made in a lab.

But the point is that nature has BOTH.

Nature has processes that create and help life grow.

But when an organism gets closer to the end of its life cycle it is nature that activates processes to break it down and recycle it to give life back to the Earth.

There is a give and take relationship that all life forms have with this planet.

What happens when there are too many people? Too many mouths to feed? Too many fighting for land and territory. Too many hungry bellies.

China had to enact a very unnatural one child policy in order to reduce their population.

I have changed my views in the las decade or so to believe that nature uses sexuality in order to self-regulate the population. And part of the problem is that in ancient days there were a lot less pregnancies going to full term. Many women were barren and thought they were cursed. Many women simply didn't survive the birth or children didn't survive the birth.

According to the bible abortion is always an option if the mother's life is in jeopardy. And you can think of abortion as an unnatural way to terminate a pregnancy but nature has ways of doing the same thing.

To me there seems to be more homosexuals than every before and we're seeing more sexual fluidity and different lifestyles.

But there are almost 8 Billion people on the planet and when I was young it was 6.4 billion. So to me, it seems, the number of homosexuals is in proportion to the direction the planet needs to go in. Having 30 children might be great for one's own person legacy, but if everyone on the planet had 30 kids there would be over 100 billion people and that would not be good at all, not on any level. We struggle to get along just with the number of people we have.

A lot of people who can't survive end up in prisons because opportunities are finite. More people doesn't mean more opportunities. And even with condoms and birth control, BOTH UNNATURAL for the record, there are still too many people in many places.

But I understand why many are against it. Traditions are very powerful things. Walking a certain path though doesn't mean that you, as a Rasta, cannot navigate through uncharted waters. You simply chart them. The path created by our ancestors could only ever go so far. You have to become the ancestors of new generations, giving them something more to guide them, by seeing things differently than our ancestors saw them. Our ancestors were against homosexuality, but they were also pro-war and pro-slavery. Are these natural? Are these things we can change? Are these things that should change?

Moses said it was okay to beat your slaves because they are your money. Does that still hold true in 2021?

Is slavery... Rasta?

Is "ONE LOVE" truly the natural understanding of the OT?

Living things change and evolve. If RastafarI cannot change then it isn't alive.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/27/2021 4:18:37 PM

Ipx...Its not about evolving, its about returning to roots of creation. Man and Womans origional glory. Roots...as it was in the beginning. Before Moses, before Mohummad, before Abraham, before confusion and polotical correctness. Ya know, the chosen cannot confirm to the ways of mainstream confusion and fitting in. Its about being steadfast in a ancient livity that is our future livity.

Water your roots and dont eat babylons fruits

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 7/27/2021 8:04:16 PM

RastafarI is alive. RastafarI is life. RastafarI is Iternal. Somethings change, RastafarI remains the same.

RastafarI is growth, and in growth there is change; like a seed will grow and change into a tree. However, that growth and change remain the same, seed grows and changes into tree. Plant an oak seed and it will become an oak tree everytime.

You cannot change an oak seed into a pumpkin; and you cannot change RastafarI into homosexuals.

RastafarI speaks life. You are speaking death. Go away with your deadly ways.

Devils talking clever, you can't fool InI.

JAH Love and Guidance

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 7/28/2021 9:40:37 AM

"RastafarI speaks life. You are speaking death. Go away with your deadly ways."

Unfortunately, you have it backward.

From ancient days, many women have been barren. Yes or no?
From the Mosaic law was abortion okay in order to save the mother?
From the law weren't many sinners commanded to be stoned instead of washing themselves clean and repenting?
From the OT weren't there many wars?

You assume that a one-size-fits-all approach is the right approach. But different people are different people. Everyone isn't right handed. Everyone isn't six feet tall. Everyone doesn't have the same allergies or the same hair or the same skin color.

What I'm saying is that you cannot force a person to create life. Everyone doesn't need to be a parent. Too many people are parents to children they didn't want.

The idea isn't to have an every growing population but rather to live in harmony with the Earth. That's nature. Nature doesn't just create. Nature also destroys. Hurricanes, volcanoes, tornadoes, tsunamis, hail, etc. You cannot look at one side of nature and not the other.

Why do people prune plants?

Why do people kill weeds?

death is the other side of life. BOTH are natural. And without death, there would be no room for new life.

Animals hunt and kill each other. The hunter has to get faster because the prey gets faster. They each get faster in order to survive and the ones who survive get to breed and so their future generations get stronger.

It's not speaking death to say that those who don't wish to participate in growing the population, don't have to and shouldn't be discriminated against, ostricized, exiled, or murdered. When Cain was asked about his brother, would it have been justified if he could say his brother was gay?

1 John 3 says

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Loving one another doesn't come with extra conditions. The parable of the good Samaritan shows us that. If two women love each other and they want to adopt a child that doesn't have a family then good for them all. There are plenty of children who have been abandoned and who need homes with parents who will love them. If everyone is only concerned with a man and woman falling in love and having babies then all these other scenarios don't get the care and attention they need.

By saying we don't really need MORE people (more than 8 billion) on this planet, I'm not speaking death because I'm not talking about killing anyone. I'm simply saying the more people have to compete for survival the more actual death and starvation and killing there will be.

And even in ancient times, even THEY thought there were too many people. And they decreased the population by fighting each other over land and resources. And their lifespans were relatively short because of disease and other things. Because we're living longer and fighting less, there's more overlap between generations and more opportunities for a single person to have more offspring. This isn't the ancient world. If we don't have any limits the population will implode by other means.

Again, I'm not saying homosexuality is ideal. But I believe it's natural, just like certain animals species.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I