Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7206&start_row=1

What do you think is the future of Virtual Reality?

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/9/2019 12:25:51 PM

I just received my Oculus Quest and it definitely has lived up to the hype of VR so far. It's pretty amazing that they can do do room scale VR games and experiences with a single device.

What do you think is the future of Virtual Reality?

Have you tried VR?

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 10/23/2019 11:49:17 PM

There are serious academic discussions about the theory that we are already in a simulation. The theory goes, if technology could create a VR world identical to ours, then you could potentially run thousands of simulated worlds at the same time. If that's the case, you are thousands of times more likely to be born in one of the fake worlds than the real one. We might be NPCs!

Messenger: The Nomad Sent: 10/24/2019 12:16:44 AM

I've never tried VR myself though I have seen people being spooked by it first time. It's something I'd like to try though, I love the unknown and as for the future of it, anything is possible. For instance, the person suffering from depression that would normally have them turning to substance abuse could it be possible this technology, in some way, could be a substitute?

Want to live the life of a billionaire, women, fast cars, private jets etc?

Just pop on your virtual hat and party away. Interesting.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/25/2019 2:27:09 PM

Right now, what connects us to reality is our 5 senses. With each sense taken away one becomes untethered in a sense. People actually use sensory deprivation but overuse can really mess with your mind.

Imagine if, one day, all of your 5 senses could be tethered to a different world; an artificial world. Imagine the same level of CG they use in movies being able to be reproduced in real-time game engines. But you can see all around you with ray traced lighting, hear with ray traced audio, touch it with haptic feedback, smell it, and even taste it.

The technology now exists to read the signals from your brain and translate that into the game. Imagine being in a sensory deprivation tank that is connected to a VR world like this.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I