Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7203&start_row=51

How do I&I read the bible?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 74
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/16/2021 1:33:07 PM

@jessep

So what? So what if your right Ipx?

That depends on what you believe.

If you literally believe in Jah and Jah tells you "The Sky is Blue" and someone else says "The sky is Green" and you go with Green then you are in opposition to Jah about what color the sky is.

If Jah said, "The Sky is Blue and my chosen people and I have a covenant based on their belief that the sky is blue" then if you say "the sky is green" then you are not under that covenant.

When the Israelites created the golden calf, Jah sought to destroy them and start over with Moses and Joshua. Moses talked him out of it. So this question of who is God... is a question that Jah feels strongly enough to support capital punishment/execution.

If you think it's not a big deal then I would ask what bible are you reading because time and time again the Israelites were judged for following after other gods. It was so important that the Israelites were told to repeat 3 times a day (Duet 6) that Jah was the only true God. If it wasn't a big deal they wouldn't have had to do that.

Isaiah 26:13
O Lord our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:8
Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isaiah 45:5
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:6
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

All of these verses after the first one I quoted are Jah telling you the sky is blue. That is the foundation of what it is to follow Jah.

Mark 7:13
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Galatians 3:17
And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

So basically when you "do your own thing" so to speak, and bring in whatever pagan traditions you want, it makes the word of God of none effect and the covenant (promise/contract) void.

That's what.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/16/2021 8:15:35 PM

Humanity began in Africa, therefore I say, all religion began there as well.

All human language is derived from the mother tongue of the motherland.

Does pagan define what separates us from JAH? I really don't think celebrating Christmas with a decorated tree or walking around a cube or any other shape in worship can really separate us from the Almighty. I see many so accused pagans who know JAH and know love more than the strictest fundamentalist striving to keep every precept of religion.

Christ practiced Judaism but perfected being human as God. No religion can save us, only JAH can, JAH showed up as human, to get us back on path. He is JAH. He showed up 2021 or so years ago as a lamb to pay the price for our freedom, chains could not bind him, the punishment of death could not destroy him. Only the folly and wickedness we want to let go of is destroyed. Haile Selassie, The Lion of Judah showed up to show a exemplary life of how to live as a and example and defender of Christ and what Christ does to a living man. He came to the land of Ethiopia, the origin of humanities beginning, all of our roots...To bring the healing, it is spreading, in this sense Africa is Christian if anywhere else can be Christian in the end. We water a trees roots not its branches.

I ask so what? So what if we prove something right, we reason not just to reason, we reason to spark the divine light within.
JAH RASTAFARI And let the light spread. More Love.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 4/16/2021 11:55:50 PM

Big Ups jessep86

More Love and Life and Light

JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/20/2021 8:08:54 AM

jessep: Does pagan define what separates us from JAH? I really don't think celebrating Christmas with a decorated tree or walking around a cube or any other shape in worship can really separate us from the Almighty.

And that's why I said it depends on what you choose to believe. There were plenty of people who believed in other gods and simply believed Jah was the greatest among them.

or...

You can also believe that Jah is simply a spirit within you more like the Buddha.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. That is the magic of faith.

If Jah is in your heart then nothing can separate you.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/21/2021 1:17:05 AM

Yes I ninjah

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loves us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 4/21/2021 3:44:50 PM

@IXPninja

The Greek language is from Africa, Phoenician, Egytian and Ethiopian truly. The greeks themselves have African roots:

"according to Greek myths, the founders of Mycenae were the progeny of Princess Andromeda who was the daughter of an Ethiopian king"

"Furthermore, the Greeks associated papyrus paper and rope made from the stem of papyrus with the Phoenician city that was a port. The city of Byblos (which traded cedar for paper) was closely linked to papyrus, so much so that when the writings of the Hebrew prophets were translated into Greek, the city’s name, Byblos, was given to the Bible. Both products were uniquely Egyptian, yet they entered Greece, not from the Egyptians, but through the Phoenicians."

https://medium.com/swlh/the-origins-of-greece-minoan-mycenaean-and-egyptian-influence-5b256e5baf50

The Mycenaens are said to be the firsts Greeks to write and speak the Greek language. A language that can be traced to the Phoenicians, Egyptians, and ultimately Ithiopians.

The Greek Septuagint was written in the Library of Alexandria (Kemet, Ifrica). The information there in is African. Also the Greek Septuagint is the oldest writtings of the old testament, the hebrew bible. That does not make the Hebrew Bible European however...

I still sight that the name Iyesus Kristos is an Ifrican name, from Ifrican language and roots.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 4/21/2021 11:23:16 PM

Hemp was certainly used for common paper in ancient Israel, seeing they offered huge quantities of cannabis as incense (ref Exodus, Isaiah). They certainly must have progressed in the way of hemp clothing and paper, hemp robes and shoes, the ancients being experts in weaving, textile and related arts.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/26/2021 3:33:38 PM

@Jahcub

well brotha, you got me. By that definition, there is no such thing as European since all Europeans eventually came from African descent and of course, naturally, Africa created all languages, hosted colleges and universities that taught Europeans how to read and write. So I have to concede.

So let me rephrase so as not to be taken too literally.

First let me quote:

For centuries, the Greek language had existed in multiple dialects. As Greek culture under Alexander the Great (356–323 BC) and his successors spread from Asia Minor to Egypt and the border regions of India the Attic dialect became the basis of the Koiné (Κ;ο;ι;ν;ή;; "common"). The language was also learned by the inhabitants of the regions that Alexander conquered, turning Greek into a world language. The Greek language continued to thrive after Alexander, during the Hellenistic period (323 BC to 31 BC). During this period the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, appeared.

For many centuries Greek was the lingua franca of the eastern half of the Roman Empire. It was during Roman times that the Greek New Testament appeared, and Koiné Greek is also called "New Testament Greek" after its most famous work of literature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greek#Koine_Greek

So I'm specifically referencing this common Greek language AND CULTURE that wasn't a "world language" until after Alexander. I am speaking of this "Hellenistic" period during which the septuagint was written.

The Hebrews didn't just speak Hebrew. They also spoke Aramaic as a common regional language. It was more of a trade language so that's why it was adopted. However, Greek, seemed to have been adopted due to European empire-building. With victories and trade I'm sure we can agree that it increased the influence of Europeans around the world and language is just one facet of that influence.

So when I'm calling out certain things as European I'm talking about the influence of the Europeans (mainly cultural). Did they originate all of their ideas? Of course not. They were influenced by other cultures as well. All nations were and are. Europeans weren't the ones who invented the idea of a sun god or a moon god or mountain gods. These were old ideas. But what I AM saying is that there is a direct causality between European cultural influences and what Christianity became after 325 AD. Before that time, I have seen no evidence to suggest that the pagan beliefs and practices they developed later existed under the church that was headed up by James. What you'll find in the NT is a kind of competition and an estranged relationship between the disciples of Yeshua and Paul where Peter and Paul openly challenged each other.

And I don't believe the 12 ever really trusted Paul and his story(stories) of his conversion.

The problem is that Paul wanted to get the Europeans to buy in and so he marketed the Hebrew God to them as one they already knew. But that "unknown god" they already had was simply one God out of many; still well within the concept of polytheism. And so by appealing to their own culture that gives me reason to believe they never felt the need to really abandon their own religious culture and traditions when they became "Christians" because at some point Paul and many other original Christians had died, either by way of Roman martyrdom or simple old age.

So my thing is that their leadership had already gone down a different path from the Hebrew followers of Yeshua who never abandoned their Jewish religion and who were never called "Christian" because that was a name the apostles were called by gentile/European populations such as Antioch. Yeshua likely came out of the same tradition as John the Baptist. And they all had Jewish rabbis who were simply different in philosophy from the Pharisees and Sadducees.

So when I think of the followers of Yeshua my primary thoughts are
of the Israelites who followed him according to Torah. Paul gave the gentiles a very limited set of commandments/expectations. I think that's another reason why they didn't convert to Judaism.

And let me make this point clear.

There was no reason NOT to convert those gentiles to Judaism. This should have been done according to the law. But Paul treated them as NON-ISRAELITES so that they weren't regulated by Judaism. But if you go back through history, other people converted. The problem is that by law, men were supposed to be circumcised and there were famous OT stories about this and the gentiles didn't want to do it and so Paul told them they didn't have to. But that was the mark of the covenant in flesh. Without that they were not Israelites, were not under the covenant, and therefore could not participate in the feast days. But they could have circumcized their babies and their future generations could have kept the feast days and been fully converted. But that's not what happened.

What happened is that Rome got involved and the religion of Christianity was decided upon by these councils where a bunch of gentiles Europeans got together and decided on the beliefs and practieces of their NEW religion. Before these councils you could already see the issues coming up in their beliefs because without Hebrew guidance... without rabbinical guidance... they were confused. And the proof of their confusion is recorded in history.

To see it just Google "pre-trinity beliefs". That's all you gotta do. Once you see the 7 or so different beliefs you will see that they were not on the same page and the reason why is because they were giving themselves the authority instead of falling back to the authority of teachers who were trained according to a tradition. They may have followed Paul like Paul was a rabbi but Paul was never a real follower of Yeshua.

At the end of the day there was a divergent path that Christianity went down that Judaism couldn't agree with and could not follow. This led to the Crusades and Inquisitions and the death of many Jews would not, because they could not, agree with the Trinity doctrine.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 4/30/2021 11:34:05 PM

Video: "RASTAFARI & The BIBLE : Why Shame Be On RASTAS Who Deny JAH Bible - Haile Selassie's GLORY?"

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/3/2021 10:10:49 AM

Listen to 8:00 - 9:00

Where he talks about whitewashing. That's what we're talking about here. The Europeans didn't simply adopt the same unadulterated story into their language. They added in their own philosophy. And since they were called "white devils", then their added philosophy is "devil's philosophy". I'm not one to casually use this "white devils" term, so no offense to those who are white. This isn't talking about you, but rather what Europeans were called in different parts of the world by natives. And it was because of how whites treated those natives.

The brother has it exactly right. Rasta is about black messiah consciousness. That is to say, Let the same MIND be in you that was in Yeshua. And I appreciated what he said about Hebrew and the J sound and all that. All of that was correct.

Another thing he says several times is a biblical reference talking about how there will come a time when the people would not "endure sound doctrine" (9:30 for example).

What is interesting to me is that people often project all these warnings into the far distant future as if they weren't talking about the immediate threat of Rome and the gentiles. If you simply go to the catholic encyclopedia and search for "trinity" THEY will tell you that it was the doctrine that solidified their power. Who was the "master teacher" at the time when the trinity doctrine first came into being?

I'm not talking about the spiritual trinity. I'm talking about erasing the notion that Jah was ONE GOD; which is SOUND DOCTRINE. And over and over again that is what the Hebrews had to repeat 3 times a day according to Deuteronomy 6. If the instruction in YOUR BIBLE tells you to repeat something 3 times a day then it is important. One could even say it is the most important thing that is the foundation of your religion. Repeating something 3 times a day is not something the teaching is confused about. Nobody was confused about this for hundreds of years.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 74

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I