Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7186&start_row=41

Yeshua(Jesus) Vs Moshe(Moses)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/17/2019 4:33:15 AM

Yes Ninja,
I believe and know JAH spoke through Moses, HIM spoke through Yeshua, Haile Selassie, Marcus Mosiah Garvey too.

These would correlate with Judaism, Christianity and Rastafari.
Now the narritive best best overstood when we hear it from the narrive. If white people talking about a black culture has a whole different paradigm-mindset way of being thinking living than those who live in Africa traditionally like ancient ancestors who have a whole different consciousness.

Rabbinical Judaism of Europe and Middle East is not the same as Falasha Judaism of Ethiopia.

Now Rastafari look to Haile Selassie, Jews look to Moses, and so on...Each focus on their ideal to live up to yet they are all related and of JAH. Heres a prayer I'm reminded of:

In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful.

Praise be to the Lord of the Universe who has created us and made us into tribes and nations, that we may know each other, not that we may despise each other. If the enemy incline towards peace, do thou also incline towards peace, and trust in God, for the Lord is the one that heareth and knoweth all things. And the servants of God, Most Gracious are those who walk on the Earth in humility, and when we address them, we say “PEACE.”

—Based on the Koran, 49:13, 8:61

Now Moses experience with Egypt does not tell Egypts story, America, the US as it is now and has been will probably never be able to tell a good story for Africa, what country speaks for another county? Neither can Christopher Columbus or Spain speak for the Aztec, Mayan and so many more people. I cannot tell my brothers story as well as him and he could not share my story as well as I could........Sometimes we get to a point where we can begin to represent another person or collective

There are people in every spiritual and cultural tradition that embody their religions and cultures and traditions. If we can learn from them it is foundation to knowledge (knowing about) and wisdom(embodying)

Many times of reading Haile Selassie quotes we start to tune in to the Kings mindset, vibration, spirituality. So others live their scripture or their tribal spoken word passed through thousands of years.

Now a days people have no culture, no tradition, nor religion, no roots. So we look around at the still existing ones searching for a way that will best develop them as a blessed soul. People lost roots.

It would be nice to have Yeshua and Moshe share their thoughts because few can speak for them very well, everyone got their own opinion and I respect that. I'm not going call anybody a Llama(TIbet), Rimpoche(Tibeatan), Rabbi(Jewish), Inman(Islam).

I dont think we should take a word like Rabbi and think we understand it simply means teacher in english. Theres alot lost in translation. :anguages are powerful that why often the oppressor would always ban the native language of those they oppressed.

Almost Every person believes their own religion/spiritual tradition is the best and they will easily find the flaws in another one. So instead of learning from the outside looking in, I find it better to learn by listening to someone livng on the inside and maybe going there myself to learn first hand expereince

Some of my personla favorite from Moses:
https://biblehub.com/kjv/deuteronomy/30.htm

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/17/2019 9:05:59 PM

With all due respect Jessep, I do understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. However, I must renew and insist that it is a limited view. It is your full right to continue in that view and I'm saying this only because you're commenting on my thread and not I on yours. But I just have to tell you, sincerely and honestly, everyone is not sincere. Everyone is not honest.

You believe its better to get it straight from the person. As a parent, I know that if a child (and I've raised and been part of the lives of 8 children in my home) has motive to lie, they will often do so. But if another child believes they might get in trouble then they will often tell on the other child. MANY times you only know what happened because of another child who was there at the time. I don't NOT listen to the child tell their own story. I simply don't limit myself to their version of it.

I'm sure you're also familiar with journalism. Fact finding in journalism is never dependent on a single source of information; especially if that single source has a motive or gains something by lying. So yes, you may get a good story from someone and you might believe them. But how do you KNOW it's true? That's why I asked how do you KNOW God spoke to Moses? Not why do you believe... but how do you KNOW? In science there is a process for saying that something is true and therefore knowledge. If it doesn't rise to that level then it is a belief. One should always be honest about what they believe vs what they know. This is what separates believers from seekers of knowledge.

The next thing I will say is that if you are a believer then whatever you tell your child is going to sound like the truth and they will want to believe it even if its a lie. This happens with santa claus and the tooth fairy. Even if it sounds outrageous and ridiculous, children don't expect their parents to lie and so they conflate that inherent authority with truth. I tell my kids ridiculous exaggerations all the time so that they wont believe everything I say but rather have to think about it themselves and determine if I'm just joking with them or not. But the idea that God spoke to Moses is almost entirely predicated on someone else believing the same thing. The story would never reach your ears if it wasn't for other people; other believers. So your believe would not exist if it wasn't for theirs. God didn't tell you that he spoke to Moses and Moses telling you God spoke to him wouldn't be enough to convince you. It's because other people believe it too and therefore enable the story whether true or false.

I could continue but two more points I have to mention. First is known lies. We know, for example, that Abraham lied because its in the story. Jacob lied. Jacob's wife lied. And for the sake of simplicity I'll use lie and deceive interchangeably unless you have objections. Jacob lied to his dying father. He was lied to by and lied to his father-in-law. Moses lied. Aaron lied. This isn't speculation or artful interpretation. The bible tells us this, plainly in most cases. There are conflicts in the narratives as well but it is only when we look outside the bible that we find that they also took stories from other cultures. We know the Deluge story was previously the Epic of Gilgamesh. So whoever was responsible for that being in the bible was lying and make it appear that it was the God of the Hebrews who was behind it and that it was one of their ancestors that God dealt with.

Every culture basically had their own gods that dealt with them. That's why even the biblical God, for Europeans, ends up being white. But this borrowing of culture is not a new thing. That's why if you go looking for similarities you'll find them all over the place. And if you think certain things happened the way they were written you are setting yourself to be lied to. Have you ever asked yourself why God appeared to Moses on a mountain and appeared to be made of fire?? Did you ever ask yourself, "why a burning bush?" Not only were mountain gods a common theme but at no other time in their history did they have to go up to a mountain and at no other time did God ever descend down in fire. Why is that? The only other stories of fire have to do with alters and that appears more to be a display of some kind of magic trick rather than anything spiritual. It was meant to make other magicians believe their God was the true God but often one prophets tricks could be matched by some other priest. But everyone who didn't know the trick thought it was a god at work.

For example there is an alter drenched with water but it still burns. Why? Well it is a fact that oil can burn, even in water because they don't mix. People back then used oil enough that many would have known this.

Again... you can believe whatever you want. You can even believe I'm lying if it makes you feel better. However, my point is that no one in the bible is immune to the human condition and that means they all had the potential to use lies and deceptions. The more their story is told in detail the more we see their flaws and that usually involves lies and deception. If you believe what the bible says then you know they lied. If you know this but believe they didn't lie about God talking to them then you're basically choosing / cherry picking which statements to believe as lies and which to believe as truth. But again... how do you KNOW??

I'll leave you with Jeremiah 8:8

How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

respect.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/18/2019 12:15:14 AM

As far as a story, I will read the Autobiography of Haile Salassie as a main source. Biographys can share insight into his life, many try to degrade the king though . He is one that did not lie to us.

Good reasoning ninja

I glory in the Bible with The King
I will defend THE FAITH no mateer if 10,000 say 10,000 negative things eaxh about it

The different religions and cultures if humanity on this planet are many, I believe we need to see the good in them all, it is too easy to find flaws and bash eachother, we need to put in some effort to find the righteousness in all and bless up thise aspects no matter the source, culture, religion, way of life.Id like to see languages and cultures and spiritual traditions in African and the Americas and all over earth come back. Respectbis the key, promote the good in all, rebuke the unnecessary in all people, culture traditions, religiins...

Unity is strenghth, but much dialoge of division and burning ...yhat kind of mentality led to the holocaust and colonization and slavery

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/21/2019 8:36:23 PM

@Jessep

Jessep: The different religions and cultures if humanity on this planet are many, I believe we need to see the good in them all, it is too easy to find flaws and bash eachother, we need to put in some effort to find the righteousness in all and bless up thise aspects no matter the source, culture, religion, way of life.

Now you are speaking my language. This is a great quote. Let me share one addition scripture with you as for why one shouldn't limit themselves to a single source.

Deuteronomy 19:15 - One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

So just to reiterate this... lying was ALWAYS a problem. It was not a new invention and yes people lied even when the consequences were life and death to another person. This also effected Yeshua too as he was a victim of false witnesses. In fact, there's evidence that people simply paid people to lie for them. They lived in a world without DNA evidence. Can you imagine the injustices?

But because of all the lies it means that people understood that people would lie and that you couldn't really trust one person to tell you the whole story because it could only be their side of the story; their perspective. In order to have an objective and hopefully unbiased perspective you needed to weigh different perspectives. Okay, sure, that guy said there was no quid pro quo. But then this other dude said "we do it all the time. Get over it!" Who are you going to believe? They telling his own story or the guy trying to cover for him but who completely makes a bigger mess?

I'm not telling you to believe whatever I say. I think you should welcome multiple perspectives and use your own critical thinking to research and see which perspective is true. If I feel like could be wrong about something I try to remember to say that I could be wrong. But its the conflict between different ideas that I think is the most value for learning and growth. If it were up to Moses, no dissenting view would ever be allowed and if you didn't think Kim Jong Moses was the super best he would just order your execution. I don't think people truly grasp how important this point is... that Israelites were NOT ALLOWED to disbelieve Moses about Yahweh. They weren't allowed to contest this and therefore the bible exists in a partial vacuum because how do you find contemporaneously writings against Moses that would discredit him when he and his descendants had generations to find any such writings and remove them from history. Not only that but most people back then couldn't even write in the first place. So it would have been incredibly difficult to get that message out and for it to have survived until now.

The bible matches humanity in that, because it was written by humans, its prone to the same issues and temptations. The good thing about the bible is that it puts both the good and evil deeds of people on display. The issue I have is that it sometimes presents good as evil and evil as good by asserting God as having directed it. That's manipulation in my opinion. I cannot defend the taking of Canaan no more than I can defend the "manifest destiny" that oversaw Andrew Jackson's "Trail of Tears". There is positive and negative in all and we have to accept that in order to grow stronger. Stop looking o'er yonder for perfect. There's sin there too. Instead, we need to know sin and divide it from goodness in our application of life.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 6/24/2020 6:43:28 PM

No Yeshua Vs Moshe. JAH is One. So is the Fulfillment of the Ible, it is One.

I give thanks for Moshe the Law Giver and Iyesus Krisyos (Yeshua). Itinual Thanks and Praises.

What would the world be like if Moshe had not led the Israelites to their Promised Land? What if the Tem Commandments never came down the Mountain? How much worse the troubles and torments would be in Babylon.

Yes I the world would be much more dreadful if Moses had not given the Israelites JAH's Laws.

How dreadful in those days when the neighboring tribes and cities of the Israelites, were offering up their children to their gods. Burnt offerings they made of their children. And all kinds of other fuckery they partook in; so mich that JAH wanted them erased from the Earth.

Moshe and the Israelites battled wickedness and people doing evil works. And so I give thanks for Moshe and the Israelites. Many RastafarI say RastafarI are Israelites. Iman an Israelite. Iman Hail Up Haile Selassie I JAH RasTafarI

Haile Selassie I is The Conquering Lion from the Tribe of Judah. Root of David. Light of this World.

Would The Defender of the Faith Haile Selassie I ever diss Moses?

I wonder what say RastafarI who sight Marcus Mosiah Garvey I as Moses?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/25/2020 11:05:10 AM

Jahcub: No Yeshua Vs Moshe. JAH is One. So is the Fulfillment of the Ible, it is One.

Woah... you are opening up a whole can of worms here. I'll take it as your reverence for the book. But have you truly thought this through? The religion of Yeshua is not the same as the religion of Moshe. There are stark differences between Judaism and Christianity. Early bible writers consider the Mosaic law as bondage. Although, people try to reconcile Yeshua and Moshe the only real continuity is the claim that both served the same God.

Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or
the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

When I was a Christian I would use this a lot but at the time I wasn't well versed on Mosaic law. Some of the disagreement can be reduced to interpretation but the truth is that Yeshua was all about love. Moshe was not.

Moshe was about law and order. He was more like a conservative republican while Yeshua was more like a hippy liberal. They had two different ideologies. If you didn't believe Moshe about Jah, that was it for you. You were done. That was a crime. Yeshua's approach was all about choice. If you didn't believe you could still live your life. That in itself is a rejection of Moshe.

Moshe allowed slavery. This is one of the dark realities of the bible. It was legal to both own and beat your slaves. You could also force a slave into giving up freedom forever if he had the nerve to fall in love with another one of your slaves. Moshe even says that person is your money (capital). Moshe allowed human trafficking. Women were considered spoils of war until they had too many issues with foreign influence and they limited it to just virgins.

Moshe was a conqueror. He stole land from the Canaanites by force, where Abraham had previously lived with them in peace. Moshe actually committed genocide against his own people in order to establish his own authority. The fact that he was not a king made ZERO difference because, as mouthpiece of Jah, Moshe claimed to have the highest authority of anyone on earth. And without a king he would simply remain in power until his death. He also created a line of succession for the priesthood so that it would stay in the family. Aaron was his brother, which means that was his family too. And instead of wealth going to a king he simply made it so that wealth went to his family and mandated that they didn't have to work and the Israelites would serve them by bringing them food. The more they sinned the more food they were brought. And then there were the tithes that they were entitled to. Whatever they didn't give to widows and fatherless children they surely kept for themselves. They had cities built for them. While everyone else worked and had real jobs, including rabbis, all they had to do was put on a show of sacrifice. This created a class divide that you can see the full fruits of when Yeshua came along. The only reason that the religion was so heavily influenced by the tribe of Judah was because the Israelites eventually got tired of the priest-king setup and asked for a real king. Selassie is in the image of that lineage, not the Mosaic Levitical priest class.

I could keep going and talk about how Moshe had multiple wives and allowed everyone to have multiple wives as long as they could afford it. Men today like this but the reality is that this is a very patriarchal system that prefers male domination and does not treat women equally or even fairly.

With all the things I named do I really have to go through each one, explaining how Yeshua was different? And how he was opposed to what came before? And it wasn't a secret that he was a reformer. That's why people asked him directly about questions of Mosaic Law in order to see how he would respond. Because they knew that Mosaic Law had serious problems and didn't like being forced to live under that system. That's why Yeshua was popular and the pharisees weren't. Yeshua had to someone placate for the same of this idea of scriptural continuity but he did not support Mosaic law. Instead of eye for an eye he spoke of forgiveness. Instead of execution by stoning, WHICH THEY WERE LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO DO, he said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Why? Because he knew that the law lent itself to hypocrisy and false witness. It was NOT a good system.

https://www.gotquestions.org/forty-two-precepts-of-Maat.html

Yes, everyone likes the 10 commandments, but that wasn't the whole of Mosaic law and the 10 commandments didn't need to come from a mountain top because Moshe already knew them from Kemet and Ma'at. I'm not saying he copied word for word but rather than he already knew and studied enough in Kemet to have written 10 commandments. And he may have changed even the 10 from the first attempt to the second because if you recall, he broke the first set, the one supposedly written by the finger of Jah. This action conveniently allowed no one to check Jah's handwriting, find any errors, or see any changes.

So if Moshe never existed, then what? The world would have other laws and other spiritual systems such as the Kemetic, such as Buddhism, paganism, etc. There would have been no religious wars between Christianity and Islam because neither would exist. You could possibly have more advancements in science, math, medicine, and technology as these things were actively held back by Christians. And without Christian persecution of the inquisition, witch trials, etc. Many whites may not have even come to America. And even if they did they may not have used African slaves since this idea came from a Catholic priest and was based on his biblical interpretation regarding cursed servitude. Perhaps, with no Christian arrogance regarding everyone else as ignorant savages there would have been no Trail of Tears.

I can tell you that pagans are very nice people. It is sad that they are imagined to be devil worshipers by Christians. Many Christians imagine "the adversary" to be a demon who has enslaved the minds of so many that they over react to people who are different from them by accusing them of being satanic. And so they persecute others and have done so to the extent that one of the saving graces of America is the separation of Church and State and that is because many of the founding fathers were actually Deists.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/religion/news/2008/01/08/3794/the-founding-fathers-religious-wisdom/#:~:text=Many%20of%20the%20founding%20fathers,practiced%20a%20faith%20called%20Deism.

quote:
Deism is a philosophical belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems. Deists believe in a supreme being who created the universe to operate solely by natural laws—and after creation, is absent from the world. This belief in reason over dogma helped guide the founders toward a system of government that respected faiths like Christianity, while purposely isolating both from encroaching on one another so as not to dilute the overall purpose and objectives of either.

Currently, Christians in the US are barely in check because they are actively trying to take over the Supreme Court so that they can deny women's right to choose, according to THEIR belief.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
When men fight with one another and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand. Your eye shall have no pity.

I don't think this is what Yeshua meant in Matthew 18:8. And I don't think he was in favor of punishing people by cutting off their body parts. This is barbaric and creates a more fear based society. The approach of Yeshua was to treat others the way you wanted to be treated based on love.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 6/25/2020 7:16:18 PM

IXPninja say, "Woah... you are opening up a whole can of worms here. I'll take it as your reverence for the book. But have you truly thought this through?"

Yes I, I have thought it through. And I will reason with you soon brotha.

More time

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 6/26/2020 8:29:51 PM

@ IXPninja

Still not much time, though here is a short reasoning until I get more time

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Yes I, Christ came to fulfill the Law. Christ Consciousness is the fulfillment of the Law. Christ taught and lived the spirit of the Law.

I sight that Moses gave the Law and was a reformer. The Law can be harsh and dreadful. The Law became harsh and dreadful as it was given in response to harsh and dreadful times and given to a stubborn and weak hearted people, in those times.

Christ is an Israelite and a reformer, yes. Christ did not do away with the Law, He revealed its spirit and Christ Consciousness within it: "Love JAH with all your heart, with all your mind, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And love your neighbor as yourself." These are teachings of Moses also. JAH Love is Iternal, "old" and "new" testaments both speak if JAH Love. Iyesus Kristos did not change the Law, He taught the true spirit of it.

Haile Selassie I is Christ in His Kingly Character, an Israelite, and a reformer. HIM changed how some things were done in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Haile Selassie I personified Christ Consciousness, showed how a man, being born from man and wombman, can be as Christ. And RastafarI bredren and sistren, follow the teachings and works of Haile Selassie I JAH RastafarI. InI are like the Original Israelites, the Original Christians, the Original Man and Womban.

So from Moses, to Iyesus Kristos, to Haile Selassie I; fulfillment of JAH Works

Messenger: The BANNED — Hemphill Sent: 6/26/2020 9:12:04 PM

Jahcub I.

Beautiful! Not even a blade of grass move without the Most High’s command. All is one. Good and evil, and every other duality of this physical world, serve to show that fact.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 6/27/2020 5:15:40 PM

Hemphill,

True, not even one blade moveth without Jah Jah; and JAH created both good and evil. They have their purpose.

I trust in JAH. I know that JAH is Love and much more is JAH than just Love alone. JAH is in control; and so I fear not evil.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I